Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dbtoomey

Has anybody in Ireland actually used this in their local store? I find it strange that Lidil have not extensively advertised this?? Might it be a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Dbtoomey wrote: »
    Has anybody in Ireland actually used this in their local store? I find it strange that Lidil have not extensively advertised this?? Might it be a scam?
    The scam artist have managed to hack the lidl webpage and infiltrate the printers and change their printers so it details this dodgy app. The Google store was also hacked to display that this app is developed by lidl. Definitely a scam. Buyers beware ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You waited 6 years to make your first post and it’s a cracker
    There might be a 50percent off voucher for that cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

I can't seem to receive my OTP code on my phone for signing up, has anyone else had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Dbtoomey wrote: »

There are leaflets advertising the app in my Lidl store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Used it there earlier..

.. saved about €13 all in with the fiver voucher and the deductions.

Then also won a free "Fruit Pot" in the Scratch & Win on the app.. this wasn't there before I used the Lidl card so worth a check to see if it's on app now.

Good idea from Lidl to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

So, used it for the second time today, and this time had awful problems getting the thing to scan. It was the same store, same till, and even the same cashier, but it took several attempts before it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

I downloaded the app walking into the Coolock store and I received the activation code straight away. Not sure if that was because I was in Lidl at the time or because I am on a network that isn't having problems (Eir). All the offers others previously mentioned were available to me but I did notice some expire in 3 days so I'd say they appear on the app on Wed/Thurs for 7 days and they will expire in that time regardless of whether you activate them or not.

I did have an issue at the till. The till I went to had a dud scanner. When I told the cashier I had the app he told me straight away that the scanner was broken at his till but that he will ring everything up and I could bring the receipt to the till next to his to pay and use the scanner. It went through easily on that till. All in all it was an easy enough experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭shanmo

I didn't get €5 off €25. Did everyone get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

Redeemed 2 coupons today (€5 off when €25 spend and Tuc crackers 50% off) at Lidl Terenure. Total savings: €5.75
    No issues scanning. Won Fruit & Nut at Scratch & Win (appeared automatically after first purchase). Thanks, OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

The good thing about this app is when you activate a coupon all you need to do is scan the virtual card and not mess about with all the individual coupons

That didn't work for me :( The cookies didn't come off even though I activated all of the treats. The fiver and the other coupons did work and disappeared from app afterwards but the cookies still shows there as activated. They charged me the €2 for them alright less the 20% off bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

123654789 wrote: »
    That didn't work for me :( The cookies didn't come off even though I activated all of the treats. The fiver and the other coupons did work and disappeared from app afterwards but the cookies still shows there as activated. They charged me the €2 for them alright less the 20% off bit.
    You probably did what I did and bought the triple choc ones instead of the double choc ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

You sure they were the right cookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Ohhh ffs.... yep thanks guys I did exactly that. I saw bags of chocolate chip cookies prominently displayed on the top of a stand, 4 for €2, totally missed the double/triple difference and that's what I bought.
    Not particularly triply chocolatey even are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I got paprika tucs 😀😀😀 same boat

They have a third more chocolate than double choc dontchaknow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ohhh ffs.... yep thanks guys I did exactly that. I saw bags of chocolate chip cookies prominently displayed on the top of a stand, 4 for €2, totally missed the double/triple difference and that's what I bought.

There's plenty more on here who made a similar mistake, hope they were worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,241 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Basq wrote: »
    They have a third more chocolate than double choc dontchaknow?

No , they have 50% more than double choc, double choc only have 66% of Triple choc ;€

ted1 wrote: »
    No , they have 50% more than double choc, double choc only have 66% of Triple choc ;€

Check out the big brain on ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Should the phone be connected to the internet for the app to be used at the till?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

mac.in wrote: »
    Should the phone be connected to the internet for the app to be used at the till?

Definitely. A wired connection ideally while charging to be 100%.

i would say so

But someone here has mentioned that the loyalty code has been created using 'Stocard' app. If the Stocard app code is accepted, then it implies it wouldn't require internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

personally i do not know anyone that does not have a smart phone without internet access so i am not even sure why this is an issue
    A lot of shops are the bottom floor of a large building, underground, and so on. You are not guaranteed internet connection in a supermarket.

I've personally raged through trying to Google reviews for wines in the Aldi on Parnell Street and not getting signal, and my shopping list app needing an internet connection for some reason and reverting to a login screen when it couldn't find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Will screen shots of the card and voucher do?

I know they will work with the Supervalu one.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I doubt you need internet on the phone while scanning at the till.

To the people buying the wrong items, check the bottom of each coupon, it has the product number.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Will screen shots of the card and voucher do?

I know they will work with the Supervalu one.

activate the voucher or vouchers you want on your app on the phone then you just need to scan the card barcode at the till

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

To the people buying the wrong items, check the bottom of each coupon, it has the product number.

The ice pops was odd one, picture on app didn't have premium on it but the box i was told by staff and did scan had premium on it

Where is the product code on the box?

if you have that info and access to stocard then why ask ?:confused:

I never said I have the info of the Stocard being successfully used. I just mentioned that someone has created the card, but not that someone has successfully used it.
    personally i do not know anyone that does not have a smart phone without internet access so i am not even sure why this is an issue

Again, I don't know how many have internet and how many doesn't; at least, I don't assume everyone with the smart phone has internet all the time when they visit Lidl. Also to be taken into consideration, there are certain mobile networks that doesn't work in certain area.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

jeffk wrote: »
    The ice pops was odd one, picture on app didn't have premium on it but the box i was told by staff and did scan had premium on it

Where is the product code on the box?

Not on the box but on the price sticker underneath each product in the shop.

• Advertisement

That sounds pretty logical.

I tried opening the app turning the internet off. The app does open the loyalty card/QR code. So, I presume internet is not required for the code to be working at the till.

I'll try to using the app (I mean the card/QR code) turning off the net at the till. I'll post the update.

Advertisement