Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from IKEA during lockdown

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Something strange going on ...

- I must say I ordered twice from them during lockdown, each time with pieces of furniture. First time anpost delivered everything, second time they used a courier - all items have arrived as per expected delivery dates (Midlands).

But now I am getting same error as an earlier poster - even when I am logged from my account, furniture appearing as available for online delivery can't be checked-out for delivery anymore (and that includes the item I've already ordered/received couple of weeks ago).

I thought there is a bug with their ordering system - but maybe there is an issue with their couriers ?!? they could update the website accordingly so that we don't waste our time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

We ordered a couple of Fridays ago with a delivery date in June. On Saturday they emailed with a new date and our stuff was delivered on the Monday.

Is such a long wait for the delivery normal now or was it just that item in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

L1011 wrote: »
    June 8th currently. Vague hints that there could be phase acceleration from Varadkar today but considering pulling that week early slaps it right on the June Bank Holiday I'd imagine no chance and it'd only be the further phases that might be shortened.
    Does anyone know are they still due to reopen on June 8? I can't find any confirmation of this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They won't confirm until the NPHET/cabinet meeting to confirm the phase progression which is likely Thursday (can probably find that online)

I was placing an order and all items are “available for delivery” but when I entered the eircode most of the stuff became not available - “Unfortunately, your chosen delivery method can’t fulfill all items in your order.”

Before posting here I tried again so I could put exactly what the error message is but now some of the items CAN be delivered.

Is this because the items are not in stock? And why is it changing?

• Advertisement

yeah, few of us were complaining about this earlier, seems like something is dodgy with their ordering system atm.

- haven't found out an official answer to this, and didn't find time to ring support about it neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Anyone try to add/change their orders before delivery?
    I am TRYING to add a couple of things.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Reopening Monday. Cashless, no restaurant (the chips and ice cream place will be open), limited numbers, don't bother bringing the kids as its 2 people per group max.

Asking people to hold on to returns for a while longer too.

L1011 wrote: »
    Reopening Monday. Cashless, no restaurant (the chips and ice cream place will be open), limited numbers, don't bother bringing the kids as its 2 people per group max.

Asking people to hold on to returns for a while longer too.

Will their customer service start back as well? Seriously bad form to be taking orders with no way of amending order before dispatch.

Will their customer service start back as well? Seriously bad form to be taking orders with no way of amending order before dispatch.

I need to change the delivery address on mine which is due to delivered on Wednesday so hopefully customer service is back on Monday.

Cabn't those things be done from home?

• Advertisement

Customer service is back

The live chat anyway

EDIT: Customer service agents on live chat are not currently able to amend orders or change the address. They can only cancel the whole order and refund. I nearly took that option but thought to double check the delivery dates available - earliest is the 23rd now

When you buy a product by it's individual parts rather than the whole product (which cannot be delivered), does it come with instructions in order to complete the entire product?

Unlikely, but all instructions are online anyway.

Anybody going to Ikea this evening or over the weekend?

I would like something checked on a product so I can know whether it is okay to order or if I should wait for the restrictions to end to collect it.

Would the Dublin forum be a better place to ask?

managed to place a new online order, with a reasonable delivery time - beginning of july - yay !

Is Ikea customer service gone again?

I tried a few times yesterday and this morning but it only leads to the automated help.

My order arrived today as planned. When the delivery guy was unloading the items the contents of one slid out of the box and hit the curb damaging the item. The delivery guy told me to contact IKEA for a replacement. How the hell do I do that?

My order arrived today as planned. When the delivery guy was unloading the items the contents of one slid out of the box and hit the curb damaging the item. The delivery guy told me to contact IKEA for a replacement. How the hell do I do that?

Who delivered? Ikea themselves or An Post?

Delivery company, two men men in a van, hired by ikea. They acknowledged it was cause by them but it was a ‘contactless’ delivery so there was no paperwork to sign so no way of noting the damage.

Delivery company, two men men in a van, hired by ikea. They acknowledged it was cause by them but it was a ‘contactless’ delivery so there was no paperwork to sign so no way of noting the damage.

Did they at least take it back with them?

• Advertisement

Did they at least take it back with them?

No, they said that as they were only hired to deliver, they told me to ring Ikea but I have no idea what number to call.

No, they said that as they were only hired to deliver, they told me to ring Ikea but I have no idea what number to call.

HELLO?

Did you get in touch with customer service yet?

I thought they were on hold again but just now I accidentally selected the after sales option and the phones and WeChat will opening a 9am.

They have only shut down the pre-sales options - which is what I have been checking on.

HELLO?

I thought they were on hold again but just now I accidentally selected the after sales option and the phones and WeChat will opening a 9am.

They have only shut down the pre-sales options - which is what I have been checking on.
    What number are you calling because the number that I have is not taking call at this time?

What number are you calling because the number that I have is not taking call at this time?

The Contact Us section doesn't have a phone number.

It is either live chat or they phone you.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

bump lockdown 3 - has anyone ordered and gotten a delivery recently?

anyone know what they mean by: 'Large Delivery Options- from €50'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

There's another IKEA thread with all the recent tales of deliveries, delays, issues getting slots etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hjghj

HELLO?

Any luck with contacting customer service? my order arrived two days after ordering it but one of the items is damaged as well and I'm trying to find a way to contact IKEA customer support. Any email or phone number pls? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

hjghj wrote: »
    Any luck with contacting customer service? my order arrived two days after ordering it but one of the items is damaged as well and I'm trying to find a way to contact IKEA customer support. Any email or phone number pls? Thanks

I *think* this is the number I got them on a few months ago. 01 541 3300

Edit: Just found the email I got from them about spare parts and this is the number they gave me

Advertisement