Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying from IKEA during lockdown

• 17-05-2020 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Ikea seem to be still operating a delivery service on some of its products but not all. I am trying to buy a couple of wardrobes but they are "not available for delivery". However if I select all the individual items contained in the Package Details for that product they are available for delivery. If I order all these parts individually and download the wardrobe assembly instructions, am I going to have everything to complete the wardrobe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Probably - though can't say for definite as I don't know which one you're looking at
    When you go into the warehouse you've got to go pick the induvidual bits off the shelf anyway. It's most likely a case that the whole lot together is listed in the system as having a total wight of more than a single person delivery so computer says no. Bought individually each piece is light enough to deliver to it's a green light.

The website usually lists which pieces are in any full assembly so if you get them all you should have what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I just ordered some stuff for delivery...and had the same issue but somehow after a few attempts it went through as can be delivered.
    Paid then got a delivery time of JULY 10th.
    Will be onto them in the am and if a much sooner delivery date isnt confirmed I will be cancelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I ordered an office chair and after completing the transaction, the confirmation email indicated a delivery date of July 7th which is useless to me. So decided to cancel the order which was more fun.

Entered an online webchat which saw a further two hours of waiting before timing out and a complete waste of effort.

So messaged them my phone number which they called back on a few hours later, and the transaction was cancelled.

Not to bad in the end but clearly their supply chain isnt quick with delivery lead times like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Mr.S wrote: »
    You select the delivery date before paying?

Didnt give me an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Ikea seem to be still operating a delivery service on some of its products but not all. I am trying to buy a couple of wardrobes but they are "not available for delivery". However if I select all the individual items contained in the Package Details for that product they are available for delivery. If I order all these parts individually and download the wardrobe assembly instructions, am I going to have everything to complete the wardrobe?

Click on Product details on the wardrobe you want then click on package details and it will list everything included broken down by item number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Click on Product details on the wardrobe you want then click on package details and it will list everything included broken down by item number.

Tried that with one item got the first 8 items into my shopping basket, didn’t get the 9th “unable to deliver”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

IKEA aren’t/can’t deliver anything that requires 2-person delivery. That’s why you can get the individual items but not the bigger one.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd be slow to order anything from them at the minute. I waited over a month for an office chair and the whole thing was a shambles. I was left waiting in a queue for 3 hours to speak to someone on online chat to get it sorted. If you can hold off until they open again it would probably be less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Ordered a bed about a month back. Got it within 2 weeks. I'm in Cork too.

Got my order in. Had to accept not getting exactly what I was looking for. First delivery slot I was offered was 8th June but that was ok as I cant take it earlier. Long time today spent/wasted trying to get deliverable stuff into the basket. Done now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

We put in an order on April 7th .. I was told May 19th (today) for delivery and they haven't shown up - no contact, no update to the order page - it still says delivery today in a time slot long gone. I guess I'll be facing the long support queue wait tomorrow morning to see where our (tiny!) order is - we're talking a kids mattress and a couple of trestles.

In the same timeframe, we've ordered and received things from China, Germany, the UK and locally in Ireland.

I've got a huge amount of respect for the companies large and small who've managed to either stay in operation, or have changed how they work in order to maintain their business but all I've heard about IKEA in this period is complaints, so I guess their management haven't done as well as other companies here. Perhaps I'm being unfair to their Irish management but I just can't imagine the same situation exists for IKEA customers in Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

I ordered a mattress March 21st still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Is IKEA taking online orders at all now?
    Trying to order 3 items on website. They appear available for delivery on the website.
    With all 3, when I go into basket, calculate delivery, it says one of the items is not available, review my order.
    When I bring it down to two items, it says the same.
    Down to just one item, then it says "we don't have any available delivery times during the specified window"

grazer wrote: »
    Is IKEA taking online orders at all now?
    Trying to order 3 items on website. They appear available for delivery on the website.
    With all 3, when I go into basket, calculate delivery, it says one of the items is not available, review my order.
    When I bring it down to two items, it says the same.
    Down to just one item, then it says "we don't have any available delivery times during the specified window"
    Answered my own question I think .... one of the items is too heavy for delivery. What a pain. It's just an outdoor chair.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Ordered on the 2nd May for delivery on the 24th; my order is still in 'We are preparing your order" status, and I missed a call from Ikea yesterday, on a number that can't be called back - no voicemail left so I don't know what it was about

Spocker wrote: »
    Ordered on the 2nd May for delivery on the 24th; my order is still in 'We are preparing your order" status, and I missed a call from Ikea yesterday, on a number that can't be called back - no voicemail left so I don't know what it was about

Twitter @IKEAIESupport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Answered my own question I think .... one of the items is too heavy for delivery. What a pain. It's just an outdoor chair.

That's it exactly. They have a social distance policy, so one person has to be able to lift the box.

I was looking at worktops and the largest cannot be delivered.
    We put in an order on April 7th .. I was told May 19th (today) for delivery and they haven't shown up - no contact, no update to the order page - it still says delivery today in a time slot long gone. I guess I'll be facing the long support queue wait tomorrow morning to see where our (tiny!) order is - we're talking a kids mattress and a couple of trestles.
    Call them. I waited 3 weeks for delivery.

The driver said they're flat out driving all over the country. Think of how busy IKEA is on a normal day and the amount of private "man with van" services that drive all over the country.
    All of that has stopped and moved online. Add to the fact they may only fit 2 or 3 large orders on in a box truck.

Pain in the hole, but it's understandable they can't keep up.

Last posted in Dec 2018 :rolleyes:

Last posted in Dec 2018 :rolleyes:

I sent them a DM on Twitter a month back and got a reply a couple of weeks later.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

They have an online chat option but be warned, you'll be waiting a while. I was queued for about 3 hours to speak to them because my delivery didn't show up on the scheduled day.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when they’re due to open back up? (Now that we know it’s not last Monday)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anyone know when they’re due to open back up? (Now that we know it’s not last Monday)

June 8th currently. Vague hints that there could be phase acceleration from Varadkar today but considering pulling that week early slaps it right on the June Bank Holiday I'd imagine no chance and it'd only be the further phases that might be shortened.

Toots wrote: »
    They have an online chat option but be warned, you'll be waiting a while. I was queued for about 3 hours to speak to them because my delivery didn't show up on the scheduled day.

Was it due recently or a few weeks back and has it shown up yet?

Was it due recently or a few weeks back and has it shown up yet?

It was due initially on the 6th of April, then I got an email on the 6th to say it was being delayed until 7th of May. 7th of May it was supposed to be between 7am and 7pm, never showed up. It eventually came on the 15th. It was the 7th of May that I was on online chat.

Mine has changed straight from "Preparing" to "Its on its way" with a delivery date of Sunday; we'll see - I ordered on the 2nd May

513874.png

I got the text and email to say my delivery is due tomorrow

I got the text and email to say my delivery is due tomorrow

Delivered this morning, as they said it would be

Did they give you a call prior to delivery?

Did they give you a call prior to delivery?

Yes, about an hour beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We ordered a couple of Fridays ago with a delivery date in June. On Saturday they emailed with a new date and our stuff was delivered on the Monday.

Advertisement