Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona virus and social protection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Can someone who is receiving a contributory pension and is now out of work claim the emergency payment.
    Obviously, they can't apply for Jobseekers afterwards but not clear from the guidance whether they can get the emergency payment for up to 6 weeks.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Just wondering if anyone could advise what the situation would be for a proprietary director and the covid-up payment?

In the last month I have stopped self employment and started trading through a limited company, I haven't even took a wage yet and its looking like the next few months will be tough & unlikely I will be able to pay myself.

Do you have to have a certain amount of PRSI contributions etc? Will I be treated as an employee rather than self employed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi. Just got an email from Social Welfare, my payment has been approved and first payment due in bank on Thursday. So they are working very fast and hopefully no one will have to wait too long. This is a weight of my mind to say the least. Stay safe everyone and remember this too shall pass xx

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there a way of applying online for the emergency thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laserb

Hi for those of you that have childminders who mind in their home, will you be paying any fees during the lock down? Presumably childminder's can avail of the emergency social welfare payment..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Hi. Just got an email from Social Welfare, my payment has been approved and first payment due in bank on Thursday. So they are working very fast and hopefully no one will have to wait too long. This is a weight of my mind to say the least. Stay safe everyone and remember this too shall pass xx

Sounds like they’re working on Paddy’s too. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Yes they are all working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Curious can you apply if working abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Are people downloading and posting.off forms

Or is there a way to get it all done online?

Would be great.if all employers.just paid the 200 if they can

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Are people downloading and posting.off forms

Or is there a way to get it all done online?

Would be great.if all employers.just paid the 200 if they can

You can apply online at MyWelfare.ie if you have a MyGovID login.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Did anyone receive a letter back yet after filling the COVID-UP form?
    How long does it take for them to process the request?
    Or do they plan on replying by letter at all? TBH I hate paper correspondence.

brianm1234 wrote: »
    You can apply online at MyWelfare.ie if you have a MyGovID login.

Thanks but do you still have to post in form

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

The forms were only issued yesterday so it's not possible for a letter to have been issued yet. You will possibly be notified by text provided you gave them your current phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

yogibear77 wrote: »
    The forms were only issued yesterday so it's not possible for a letter to have been issued yet. You will possibly be notified by text provided you gave them your current phone number

I hope they won't post one out. It's like: here's your letter (cough cough).

I filled out that form and left it and the jsa form yesterday morning in SW office, got email this morning that payment will be in bank this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is there a way of applying online for the emergency thing ?

You do not need to apply for this you are already on a claim please do as stated by Pelluci a few statements back

What happens if there's rolling lockdowns where people are working week on/week off?

How do you claim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Quick q on behalf of someone I know. They are employed with a company for almost 5 years but started on a 10 hour contract. However they have been rostered and worked between 30-40 hours every week since. Due to current situation they have had their hours cut back to 10 so basically one day of work.

Can they apply for the short term payment even if their original contract is part time 10 hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Does that mean you will still get wfp?? It seems like it from the wording.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

So I want to apply for emergency payment but I don't want to have to leave house as I am self isolating to be on the safe side so can it be done fully online? As far as I can see you still need to print off form and poat it? Nobody seems to know the answer to that question?

youtube! wrote: »
    So I want to apply for emergency payment but I don't want to have to leave house as I am self isolating to be on the safe side so can it be done fully online? As far as I can see you still need to print off form and poat it? Nobody seems to know the answer to that question?

You can’t apply for this payment online but you can apply for jobseekers benefit/allowance. I’d imagine as everything is being rushed they haven’t had time to develop an online system for the new payment yet

If you genuinely aren’t going to leave the house, apply for jobseekers now

Dodge wrote: »
    You can’t apply for this payment online but you can apply for jobseekers benefit/allowance. I’d imagine as everything is being rushed they haven’t had time to develop an online system for the new payment yet

If you genuinely aren’t going to leave the house, apply for jobseekers now

Thanks so I can apply for JA online without having to post off or meet anyone ?

Yes. If you have a public service card

Details here https://assets.gov.ie/71477/5df3b7f1f0fc454faefd8f906100ff99.pdf

Yes. If you have a public service card

Details here https://assets.gov.ie/71477/5df3b7f1f0fc454faefd8f906100ff99.pdf

Ok that's great but I cannot locate my card, it has been years since i used it any advice in this case? Sorry for all the questions.

Ok that's great but I cannot locate my card, it has been years since i used it any advice in this case? Sorry for all the questions.

You probably won’t need the card as it’ll be paid into your bank account. Card would be needed to collect it from PO

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    You probably won’t need the card as it’ll be paid into your bank account. Card would be needed to collect it from PO

but how do i apply online without it? It asks me for the expiry date for example..

You can’t apply online without it. Sorry

but how do i apply online without it? It asks me for the expiry date for example..

Sorry, didn’t realise that. I applied in office, hope you get sorted soon x

• Advertisement

You can’t apply online without it. Sorry

I see, I do have my pps number so can I can just get the emergency form (one page ) print it off and post ?

Advertisement