Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tablet 9.7 High Res Retina screen - 150 delivered

Comments

Thanks for that. I went ahead and bought the Lenovo because of the screen size and it has 3gb of ram and I got a code from HUKD to make it €88.50 in total

good price. seems to be out of stock now.

did you have to use parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭MenloPete

Thanks for that. I went ahead and bought the Lenovo because of the screen size and it has 3gb of ram and I got a code from HUKD to make it €88.50 in total

€88.50 is a really good price for the Plus model. Anything you'd like to share?

MenloPete wrote: »

actually still seems to be working.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-tab-4-8-plus-black-wifi-tablet-from-9999-at-lenovo-uk-3201157?page=2#thread-comments

details there. you have to go through some NHS website login (work discount) to get the extra discount.

read through that thread to find the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

MenloPete wrote: »

Sorry - I thought I wasn’t allowed to post the link on here to it on HUKD.

If you open the HUKD app or website and search for the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus you should find it. I can PM it to you if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭Ryath

Out off stock on lenovo site though. Pity I didn't see that earlier would have been tempted. Wanted the 10" one if it's ever discounted.

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-8704/p/ZZITZTATB18

• Advertisement

did anyone else get their voyo i8 9.7 inch tablet yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

glasso wrote: »

Mine is in the van should have it in an hour or so

naughto wrote: »
    Mine is in the van should have it in an hour or so

let me know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I need a new tablet myself, just something basically for reading comics, something that can decode x265, and for some Netflix. My current one is decent but can't do the X265. The lack of HD is somewhat putting me off this one though.

I need a new tablet myself, just something basically for reading comics, something that can decode x265, and for some Netflix. My current one is decent but can't do the X265. The lack of HD is somewhat putting me off this one though.

Very restricted list for Netflix hd unfortunately.

Down to manufacturers not getting widevine level one certification

Huawei M5 10 lite prob cheapest option

Any recent enough tablet (last few years) should handle hevc x265

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

My I8 arrived yesterday, nice tab alright and I notice it does actually have GPS! Netflix is not too bad at 520p and it does allow download on Netflix. One thing that bugs me is the Google search bar on the home screen, any ideas how to get rid of it? Might have to use nova launcher?

Cocoon wrote: »
    My I8 arrived yesterday, nice tab alright and I notice it does actually have GPS! Netflix is not too bad at 520p and it does allow download on Netflix. One thing that bugs me is the Google search bar on the home screen, any ideas how to get rid of it? Might have to use nova launcher?

try this

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-remove-the-google-search-bar-from-your-android-homescreen

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭PCDub

Mines in transit should arrive by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

My tablet arrived yesterday. The packaging was damaged but the tablet seems operational. The screen is excellent.

My tablet arrived yesterday. The packaging was damaged but the tablet seems operational. The screen is excellent.

Yes that weird wooden box that it comes in was broken also on the I've that I got. Poor design. The whole thing was bubble wrapped outside that in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Got mine yesterday.

Impressed with screen. Have streamed a few HD videos without issue, so I'm happy as that what I bought the tablet for.

Sound quality not great but will either be using headphones or bluetooth speaker so that doesn't bother me. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Been following this thread for a few days now and i'm about to pull the trigger on one of these.
    How do they handle big PDF files ?
    Been looking for a tablet for magazine and e-book viewing. (and the usual netflix and media consumption)

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Out of stock at the moment...

Kalyke wrote: »
    Out of stock at the moment...

it's in stock in the other European warehouses, just not the Poland one.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Just ordered from the Spanish warehouse. Cost like €5 extra for shipping but still seems like a good deal..

Misty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yes that weird wooden box that it comes in was broken also on the I've that I got. Poor design. The whole thing was bubble wrapped outside that in any case.

Mine was also bubble wrapped, and the box wasn't sealed with 'clingfilm'.. .. Can't get it to accept my SIM, Think I got a refurbished unit, I did a a factory reset and it still says "no sim".. Anyone else get their Sim to work in it?... Also, no earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Mine was also bubble wrapped, and the box wasn't sealed with 'clingfilm'.. .. Can't get it to accept my SIM, Think I got a refurbished unit, I did a a factory reset and it still says "no sim".. Anyone else get their Sim to work in it?

I tried a three Sim in it yesterday, same thing "no sim". Tried both slots, maybe not compatible with Irish cellular bands? I've no intention of using 4g in it anyway, happy enough using wifi or tethering from my phone.

haven't tried a sim card as have no need to (and don't have tablet now as it's with a family member)- weird that it wouldn't work though.

can't remember if there was plastic on outside of box on mine - don't think that there was actually. don't think that it would be a refurb as this tablet is not long out at all and geekbuying is a kosher site from my experience.

says that it supports all these bands

GSM:800/900/1800/1900MHz
    WCDMA:B1 B2 B5 B8
    FDD LTE:B1 B3 B7
    TDD LTE:B38 B39 B40 B41
    4G:TDD LTE,FDD LTE
    3G:HSPA+,HSDPA 21M,HSUPA 5.76M,GPRS class12/EDGE
    2G:GPRS class 12 /EDGE

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Cocoon wrote: »
    I tried a three Sim in it yesterday, same thing "no sim". Tried both slots, maybe not compatible with Irish cellular bands? I've no intention of using 4g in it anyway, happy enough using wifi or tethering from my phone.

Has anyone got an Irish SIM card to work in this device?

I just tried to buy one. At the second last step the price increased to €174? Is this VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭PCDub

Didnt chose Germany by any chance? Spain is cheaper and use code GKBMEGA08.

PCDub wrote: »
    Didnt chose Germany by any chance? Spain is cheaper and use code GKBMEGA08.
    Used Spain and code. The price just jumped up to 174. Tried Live Chat for an explanation but it did not work at that time.

I'll sell mine for 150, if anyone is interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'll sell mine for 150, if anyone is interested.

Is it not worth it or were you looking for the sim option?

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Is it not worth it or were you looking for the sim option?

Yeah, the reason I bought it was because it had SIM slots.

Advertisement