Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things SUSI / grants (see links in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

I've been provisionally awarded, what do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedumbone

question time, again,

there was built in option on cao.ie for sending my course details directly to SUSI and I am sure I have selected this option. However, I didn't receive any e-mail or letter, now as deadline for applying has passed, what should I do? I couldn't register earlier since it will be 3rd year here in 2 days or so. I am also new to the whole Irish education system, I thought you should apply for a grants after you receive a full time offer...

Should I contact them or its just a normal thing that they are delayed?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ridgeback765

Hey just wondering whether people can find out if you are getting a susi grant or not because I probably will be getting one but I don't want people to know about it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kearney007

aquse wrote: »

I applied for the grant through SUSI on April 24th. sent all the documents and then finally on July 22nd my current status changed to
    "Provisionally Awarded. CAO details received and queued for Final Assessment"
    Its been like that since and is still like that..
    My course starts in 12 days and im still no wiser as to if I got the grant or not, and If i did is it fees paid or full maintenance or what..

Has anyone any Idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

aquse wrote: »

we are at that stage too and its says queued for final assessment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Hey just wondering whether people can find out if you are getting a susi grant or not because I probably will be getting one but I don't want people to know about it. Thanks

The only people who will know you're getting a grant are the college Susi & you.

Kearney007 wrote: »
    I applied for the grant through SUSI on April 24th. sent all the documents and then finally on July 22nd my current status changed to
    "Provisionally Awarded. CAO details received and queued for Final Assessment"
    Its been like that since and is still like that..
    My course starts in 12 days and im still no wiser as to if I got the grant or not, and If i did is it fees paid or full maintenance or what..

Has anyone any Idea?

It will stay at that status until the college & Susi communicate end September or early October . Just take your letter from Susi with you on registration day & the college will take a photocopy of it so you won't have to pay any fees on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

SUSI want a confirmation of annual income from my employer... i work a really random rate each week and I don't even know if I'll still have a job when school starts :l

Also, two questions
    What's the difference between a maintenance grant and a fee grant or whatever?
    When does SUSI approve applications and actually start sending people money?

Maintenance grant is to pay for your living fees and everything else.

Fee grant just pays for college fees but you can get btea while receiving the fee grant.

AS for when they send money, i just wanna no when they tell me ive been 'granted' :/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

I am provisionally awarded a grant, but I am not sure how much SUSI will pay for me.

I fall under this group:
    25% rate of maintenance + Field trip element
    +100% tuition fees or
    100% student contribution
    I am paying an EU fees (3000 student contribution + ~4500 tuition fees). So, SUSI will pay 4500, but I'll have to pay 3000?

• Advertisement

Nicke011 wrote: »
    I am provisionally awarded a grant, but I am not sure how much SUSI will pay for me.

I fall under this group:
    25% rate of maintenance + Field trip element
    +100% tuition fees or
    100% student contribution
    I am paying an EU fees (3000 student contribution + ~4500 tuition fees). So, SUSI will pay 4500, but I'll have to pay 3000?

How do you no what group you fall into?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

Kearney007 wrote: »
    How do you no what group you fall into?
    See the thresholds here.

Nicke011 wrote: »
    See the thresholds here.

is that income in gross? and is it for one parent/guardian or both parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

The documentation says that it wants my bank details. Since it's under "Applicant's Documents", and not ones referring to parents/guardians, I presume they are referring to my bank account. However, I do not have a bank account. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to sign off anything on their website if the information is wrong or inaccurate.

A97 wrote: »
    The documentation says that it wants my bank details. Since it's under "Applicant's Documents", and not ones referring to parents/guardians, I presume they are referring to my bank account. However, I do not have a bank account. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to sign off anything on their website if the information is wrong or inaccurate.
    The Bank Details are supposed to be entered on the website and it's so they can pay the grant to you, so you need to make one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Kremin wrote: »
    The Bank Details are supposed to be entered on the website and it's so they can pay the grant to you, so you need to make one anyway.

Would it matter if I used my parents', though? Since they're the ones paying the fees like.

Grey Wind wrote: »
    Would it matter if I used my parents', though? Since they're the ones paying the fees like.

You'll have to ask susi, maybe they need it to be in your name or maybe your parents bank is fine.

Grey Wind wrote: »

Your parents bank details are ok to use as it's the bank details Susi requires & I know plenty of people who enter their parents bank details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,109 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many parents like to have some control over the grant money (to make sure rent and bills get paid first), so using their account makes sense. Up to you, but make sure you can budget if you are using your own account. The grant, if delayed, is sometimes back dated and it can seem like you have a lot of money when months of bills and rent need to go first.

Remember in some cases, you will have an ESB or gas bill in your own name, so do not get into trouble with companies you might need to use later in life when funds are hopefully less tight. Make sure bills are paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michele101

I just logged into my SUSI application tracker and it says current status: awarded, so does this mean I'm safe and have the grant? They didn't email me or anything and it says it was awarded on the 24/08/15

• Advertisement

michele101 wrote: »
    I just logged into my SUSI application tracker and it says current status: awarded, so does this mean I'm safe and have the grant? They didn't email me or anything and it says it was awarded on the 24/08/15

Yes . Did it say 100%

SUSI are very good at avoiding answering questions in emails lol. Takes at least 4-5 just to get the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

michele101 wrote:

If you want to be absolutely certain, try ringing them. Any time I've phoned (and I've done so several times) they've been very polite and forthcoming. But if it says awarded it means you're good to go! :) congratulations!

Kremin wrote: »
    SUSI are very good at avoiding answering questions in emails lol. Takes at least 4-5 just to get the answer.

try facebook

thedumbone wrote: »
    try facebook

Just gonna ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

Mine still says provisonally awarded cao final details received.
    I applied back on the first day it opened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I'm worried how the majority have provisionally been awarded their grant and I've been stuck on awaiting final assessment since early june...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

I'm worried how the majority have provisionally been awarded their grant and I've been stuck on awaiting final assessment since early june...

My son is still waiting final assessment as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

My son is still waiting final assessment as well

when did he apply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Also waiting final assessment and this is my 4th year applying. Apparently they're still reviewing my documentation. :/

Advertisement