Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Order never arrived

• 11-04-2021 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I ordered two items from Gomibo.ie on the 30th of March. Their website stated the order would arrive on the 31st but it never did. GoMibo emailed me on the 7th that they're conducting their own conversation with UPS which will take about 10 working days. I'm not happy for them to hold onto money for a further two weeks, so I was wondering if I have any right to ask for a refund now? There's next to no chance it'll arrive now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You can try a charge back on your credit card, but till be asked for correspondence with the seller.
    So it isn't going to be any quicker as you need them to complete their investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Chargebacks are taking 6-8 weeks at present as the time for a seller to respond has been extended to 30 days due to postal delays (they still send notices by snail mail from a European mailing company)

The timeline they have set out is quite reasonable as they have to be sure the item was not delivered and that UPS cannot find it. For high value items, even Amazon can take up to 4 weeks (personal experience)

gomobi are part of quite a large company (Belsimpel - €400m turnover) and it seems that whilst they are based in the Netherlands they ship everything from Ireland (possibly a UPS fulfilment service or other 3rd party service such as redsky )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Darc19 wrote: »
    Chargebacks are taking 6-8 weeks at present as the time for a seller to respond has been extended to 30 days due to postal delays (they still send notices by snail mail from a European mailing company)

The timeline they have set out is quite reasonable as they have to be sure the item was not delivered and that UPS cannot find it. For high value items, even Amazon can take up to 4 weeks (personal experience)

gomobi are part of quite a large company (Belsimpel - €400m turnover) and it seems that whilst they are based in the Netherlands they ship everything from Ireland (possibly a UPS fulfilment service or other 3rd party service such as redsky )

Not disputing your experience but we had a delayed delivery investigated and refunded by PayPal in two days last week and an Amazon refund processed in three days recently.
    That said the OPs delivery is not even ordered two weeks at this stage, I'd give them some time it check it out.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Not disputing your experience but we had a delayed delivery investigated and refunded by PayPal in two days last week and an Amazon refund processed in three days recently.
    That said the OPs delivery is not even ordered two weeks at this stage, I'd give them some time it check it out.

I suspect that the Amazon refund was under €200.

For high value refunds (€500+) Amazon are a pain in the ass as it has to go through three layers of approval. Mine took over three weeks. (Mobile phone not delivered)

€200-500 go through two layers of approval.

PayPal have buyer protection which can be fast and again depends on the value.

Darc19 wrote: »
    I suspect that the Amazon refund was under €200.

For high value refunds (€500+) Amazon are a pain in the ass as it has to go through three layers of approval. Mine took over three weeks. (Mobile phone not delivered)

€200-500 go through two layers of approval.

PayPal have buyer protection which can be fast and again depends on the value.

Yes, a bit of context beats a blanket statement . :)

Still needs some time for the issue to be investigated .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I ordered a phone case from gomibo 4th April. Got the same email saying it would be delivered the next day but hasn't arrived yet. As far as I'm aware gomibo.ie is just a reskin of belsimpel.nl translated to English, I presume the claim of next day delivery is for the Netherlands and needs to be updated on gomibo.ie. Anyway I hadn't ordered from them before but I've read good reviews of people in Ireland ordering from belsimpel so figured it was safe enough. Hopefully I'll get my case this week or else I'll be going down same route as you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I ordered a phone case from gomibo 4th April. Got the same email saying it would be delivered the next day but hasn't arrived yet. As far as I'm aware gomibo.ie is just a reskin of belsimpel.nl translated to English, I presume the claim of next day delivery is for the Netherlands and needs to be updated on gomibo.ie. Anyway I hadn't ordered from them before but I've read good reviews of people in Ireland ordering from belsimpel so figured it was safe enough. Hopefully I'll get my case this week or else I'll be going down same route as you OP.

I don't know if the next day delivery claim is for the Netherlands, as it was in the UPS Depot in North Dublin the morning after I ordered.

magoo84 wrote: »
    I don't know if the next day delivery claim is for the Netherlands, as it was in the UPS Depot in North Dublin the morning after I ordered.

Ah right, I've emailed now about my order so will see what they say

Ah right, I've emailed now about my order so will see what they say

The fact they use UPS would put me off using Gomibo. The amount of stuff that UPS "lose" is incredible. They've been in the news a few times about staff stealing parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I’m avoiding UPS as a general rule these days. Won’t buy from a site that uses them for shipping. I’ve 2 parcels lost since January, and the UPS customer service line is an infinite loop of frustration.

• Advertisement

Gomibo replied and said the same thing about 10 day wait for UPS to investigate. I'm to email them next week if it still hasn't arrived and then they'll send out another case

Gomibo made me fill out a missing package statement with my details and the lost products on it. I sent it to them last Wednesday didn't hear anything from them so emailed them again yesterday. They emailed me this morning saying I didn't fill out the declaration correctly (I omitted the colour of the items from the item description) and to send it in again.

Surely none of that is necessary? They already know everything there is to know about the order.

I've started the chargeback process with my bank, as Gomibo are taking the p**s.

I've started the chargeback process with my bank, as Gomibo are taking the p**s.

Did they offer to resend whatever it is you ordered? That's what they're offering me once my 10 day UPS investigation waiting period is over. My item is just a €40 phone case though, might be a different story with a phone

Did they offer to resend whatever it is you ordered? That's what they're offering me once my 10 day UPS investigation waiting period is over. My item is just a €40 phone case though, might be a different story with a phone

It's a smartphone and a watch with a total value close to €450. Gomibo said they will send me another order or refund me once the investigation concludes, but the thing with the missing package statement left a very bad taste seeing as it took them 6 days to tell me it was missing information that wasn't requested by the form, and is available in the original order.

They also said that the waiting period for their own investigation will restart due to the issues with the statement. I'm not actually sure if there is any legal basis for requesting such a statement from a customer, particularly when it's the courier at fault. It seems more likely that its a gimmick to give them more time than they're legally entitled to for the parcel to show up.

The 10 day UPS waiting period ends today as I filed a lost parcel request on the 4th. If it isn't resolved by COB on Friday the 16th I'll have to bypass Gomibo and try and sort it out with my bank.

Gomibo made me fill out a missing package statement with my details and the lost products on it. I sent it to them last Wednesday didn't hear anything from them so emailed them again yesterday. They emailed me this morning saying I didn't fill out the declaration correctly (I omitted the colour of the items from the item description) and to send it in again.

Surely none of that is necessary? They already know everything there is to know about the order.

I had to do that three times with amazon. Provide the precise model and colour even though it was live chat and they could see the items that was being talked about.
    It got escalated from one service agent to a supervisor and then to a manager and the information had to be provided each time.

Its frustrating, but its a set procedure and you wonder how they come up with these things. But just bite you lip, get it sorted and buy elsewhere

I think the chargeback route might be a little hasty as it will probably resolve itself long beforehand.

My case arrived today. It was shipped via standard post(PostNL) from the Netherlands, no sign of any UPS involvement. As far as I can tell it was shipped on the day I ordered it(6th April). I've no problem if they are shipping from the Netherlands and it takes 10 days but they really need to update their website to set the right expectations. This nonsense of saying it'll be next day delivery via UPS is very poor customer service. I'll be emailing them to let them know for any good it'll do

You can try a charge back on your credit card, but till be asked for correspondence with the seller.
    So it isn't going to be any quicker as you need them to complete their investigation

My bank refunded me the cost of the items yesterday. I called them during the week. Your move, Gomibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CJKAV

Worse experience ever.
    Ordered a budget android phone with Gomibi 6 weeks ago....Ist phone supposidly got lost in delivery by UPS.After the 10 day "INQUIRY" by UPS proved useless, they offered a refund or replacemet. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went for a replacement. Replacement mysteriously went missing again by UPS... Waiting on refund... not very hopeful.... I think I've been scammed.

CJKAV wrote: »
    Worse experience ever.
    Ordered a budget android phone with Gomibi 6 weeks ago....Ist phone supposidly got lost in delivery by UPS.After the 10 day "INQUIRY" by UPS proved useless, they offered a refund or replacemet. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went for a replacement. Replacement mysteriously went missing again by UPS... Waiting on refund... not very hopeful.... I think I've been scammed.

If you get a refund you haven't been scammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Having got a new phone I bought a cover from Gomibo. After 4 days I wrote an email asking about this next day delivery on their .ie website and that I was still waiting. I was pretty much to the point as I had hoped to get it quickly. It eventually arrive after 8 days.
    3 days later I started getting spam texts about undelivered parcels and to click on a link. 3 within 5 hours. The link on all 3 was a .nl web address. I have never been to Holland or had an dealings with anyone in the country before.

I buy this phone cover which turns out to be from a Dutch company, upon a slow delivery I send a curt email asking what the story was. 3 days after the phone arrived I started getting dodgy texts from different numbers all with different messages to click on a .nl link to pay customs fees. Have a same number for over 20 years and never gotten such a text before never mind with a.nl link.

It's clear that someone in this company gave my mobile number to scammers, upon not liking my email. Maybe it's company policy for all I know.

Put simply AVOID GOMIBO if your personal details are something important to you!

Having got a new phone I bought a cover from Gomibo. After 4 days I wrote an email asking about this next day delivery on their .ie website and that I was still waiting. I was pretty much to the point as I had hoped to get it quickly. It eventually arrive after 8 days.
    3 days later I started getting spam texts about undelivered parcels and to click on a link. 3 within 5 hours. The link on all 3 was a .nl web address. I have never been to Holland or had an dealings with anyone in the country before.

I buy this phone cover which turns out to be from a Dutch company, upon a slow delivery I send a curt email asking what the story was. 3 days after the phone arrived I started getting dodgy texts from different numbers all with different messages to click on a .nl link to pay customs fees. Have a same number for over 20 years and never gotten such a text before never mind with a.nl link.

It's clear that someone in this company gave my mobile number to scammers, upon not liking my email. Maybe it's company policy for all I know.

Put simply AVOID GOMIBO if your personal details are something important to you!

I think that's all a coincidence. I've got spaits of those scam messages at tines without having any recent deliveries. Gomibo have 5* ratings across all their locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Wish I saw this thread two weeks ago. Ordered two weeks ago for "next day" delivery. Telling me wait another week and then they'll do something. Going down the chargeback route.

More than likely your number was part of the facebook breach from a couple of years ago, mine was and I've been getting those text messages, my wife's wasn't and she hasn't gotten them. Stick your number into haveibeenpwned.com to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Was considering ordering a phone with this crowd but two minutes due diligence on review websites like trust pilot tell the story fairly well.
    It either goes seemless or is a complete disaster no middle ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I think that's all a coincidence. I've got spaits of those scam messages at tines without having any recent deliveries. Gomibo have 5* ratings across all their locations.

Yes an amazing coincidence ! In any world 2+2=4 nothing else. I'm not a member of facebook and never have been, so to the poster who says it's there explain that one.

Common sense means I have no doubt in my mind

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Phone numbers for those scam messages are randomly generated. Anyone and everyone receives them.

Yes an amazing coincidence ! In any world 2+2=4 nothing else. I'm not a member of facebook and never have been, so to the poster who says it's there explain that one.

I still say it's a coincidence, as I have got such calls and didn't buy from them, nor use Facebook. They blitz random phone numbers and you get spells of them over a few weeks.

But, you're convinced so no point discussing.

I've never purchased anything from a Dutch company and have had two texts with .nl looking for €2.99 customs fees. I've had £1.99 requests from UK numbers with a .co.uk url and I've had German texts too. Haven't had any Irish numbers though

They use the exact same mode of operation as the infamous Nigerian Prince scam. They send out tens of thousands of text to random numbers and there are bound to be some that will coincide with people who have ordered. All they need is a few to click without thinking.

The nigerian prince scam was even better - they used bad englsih, bad grammar and abvious spellign errors :):) to ensure that those with a little intelligence would ignore it, thus knowing that most of those who contacted them had already proved that they were very gullible

Its costs next to nothing for them to send 500,000 texts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I made the mistake of ordering from these guys also 3 weeks ago and no sign of order.

I've contacted customer service and they are giving me the run around. Has anybody received a resolution dealing with them.

My order is through paypal but they have just sent me directly to gomibo.

Advertisement