Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebay wrong address used to buy item.

• 11-04-2021 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭

hi all just bought something now on ebay,but never realised i used the old addresspal address,so i went in and edited my address to the correct addresspal address.

will the new address show up to the seller or will it be still the old address showing up as i bought the item with the old address and never realised at the time of buying.

any ideas ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭user302243

It will be the old address.

You'll need to contact the seller but they might be hesitate to update it on their end as their seller protection will require them to send it to address listed when the order was placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

just looked at the order details and the damn old addresspal address is showing up,is it possible to change the address now?.
    i did edit my address to the new one,but its not showing up on the order details,only the old address showing up on the order details.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

bassy wrote: »
    hi all just bought something now on ebay,but never realised i used the old addresspal address,so i went in and edited my address to the correct addresspal address.

will the new address show up to the seller or will it be still the old address showing up as i bought the item with the old address and never realised at the time of buying.

any ideas ?.
    If you've just edited the address on your account, it's unlikely it'll change for the seller. Best bet is to message the seller explaining the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭con747

As said above you need to contact the seller because the information has already been supplied to them with the old address so I doubt Ebay will sort that out for you.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

damn such a silly mistake,will message the seller.
    could contact addresspal to and explain the wrong addresspal aka i used the old one,should still get to the hatfield depot?.

• Advertisement
Advertisement