Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's ok to still love kids

• 03-04-2021 12:17am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hmm, more of a statement than a debate, but still feel like it needs to be said.

I love kids. I just don't want them to come out of me.
    I adore my niece but also love giving her back, and the same with my friends' kids.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My younger sister by 10 years got pregnant at 15 and had a little girl. In the beginning she lived at home with my parents but over time she gradually moved out leaving her daughter behind. My dad became the main carer for my niece. Just before my dad passed away I moved home temporarily and when my dad passed on care of both my mother and my niece fell to me. My other sister also took to dumping her kids off with me too when I found myself in poor health and unable to work. They were all just taking the pee to be honest. In time I got sick of it, most of the kids are old enough now to be left on their own and my niece that lived with me is now 14 and lives with her parents and baby sister. I love them all to bits but am delighted to have my own life back.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I love kids.

I love that none of them are mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

I probably would like my own but out of all my nieces and nephews I have a favourite, I tolerate the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

It's also OK not to love them. ��

Advertisement