Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up one leaving cert subject Now??

• 19-03-2021 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Had the mad idea to take up Chemistry last week. So hear me out and let me know if I’m off my head or being realistic..

I completed my leaving cert in 2019 and was doing teaching last year but dropped out cause I knew I wasn’t anyway passionate about it and wanted to do something more Science related. Although upon looking at most courses through Ucas I have noticed that I meet the grade requirements but a large number of them require Chemistry at around H4 upwards.

At the moment I’m not doing much apart from working part time so I took it upon myself to enrol for Chemistry and have already begun studying. I have previously done some chemistry in first year of college and I am quite good at Biology and memorising.

From looking at my calendar I have 14 weeks to the day of the exam and I’m currently studying around 6 hours a day.

So people what is your opinion, Am I crazy or is it possible?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anything is possible.
    It will be fairly expensive, with late fees etc..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It's possible especially if you did some chemistry before. It really depends on your work rate.

How did you do chemistry while studying teaching? PE with Biology or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Had the mad idea to take up Chemistry last week. So hear me out and let me know if I’m off my head or being realistic..

I completed my leaving cert in 2019 and was doing teaching last year but dropped out cause I knew I wasn’t anyway passionate about it and wanted to do something more Science related. Although upon looking at most courses through Ucas I have noticed that I meet the grade requirements but a large number of them require Chemistry at around H4 upwards.

At the moment I’m not doing much apart from working part time so I took it upon myself to enrol for Chemistry and have already begun studying. I have previously done some chemistry in first year of college and I am quite good at Biology and memorising.

From looking at my calendar I have 14 weeks to the day of the exam and I’m currently studying around 6 hours a day.

So people what is your opinion, Am I crazy or is it possible?

I could be wrong, but the portal to sit the leaving cert this year closed in February.

Advertisement