Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6th Year study log :)

Options
  • 09-09-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Alright the idea of a so my turn, started my final year of school hoping to do computer science in third level. Main reason behind wanting to try a study log is that I am attempting to teach myself applied maths.
    Have not done one bit of study the past 5 years of school so the past week studying has been a huge change. For an idea how im doing these are my junior cert results as best i remember:

Math: A
    Business: A
    Geography: A
    Science: B
    Art: B
    CSPE: B
    History: B
    English: C
    German: C (Did not deserve this whatsoever, i got lucky)
    Irish OL: C (only subject I did OL in and got one of my worst results)

What I am doing in leaving cert and the 5th year summer ressult

Math: H1
    Accounting: H2
    Physics: H3
    DCG: H3
    Geography: H4
    English: H5
    Irish: O7

So main points,
    1. I can't do languages
    2. DCG exam will be either hit or miss with me not having done TG in JC.
    3. Applied maths should be easily self taught to get a H5 or H6 to take less pressure of the English exam, although i will still be studying and aiming to do well in English. I may choose to stop Applied math around mock stages if its not going to get at least a H5
    4. Judging on Summer exams thats 489 points which would be great in the LC but i know i can do better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Alright Week 1, PS4 is extremely tempting but i managed to hold off until the weekend, when I gave in.

Did all homework at home for first time in 6 years. Felt good being prepared going into school but I had so little free time.

Applied maths is the only thing i "studied" that was not homework. Going through Q1 first as we seem to have covered most of it in Physics. Going through the program on the ThePhysicsTeacher website and i have gotten to the f=ma part which means i am most of the way through Q1 which is encouraging.

Started DCG project but it is taking way longer than I thought it would. I have all information of Page 1 for output 1, No design/layout or page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Week 2: Not enough time.

Working at weekends is becomeing a chore, you get extra homework for the weekend but have no extra time.

DCG Output 1 is getting there, about 70% the way through the two sheets.

Applied math I have went back to Oliver Murphy's book and am now finished chapters 1-3, Still got alot to learn and DCG has taken most of my time during the week.

Still no actual 'Study'

Advertisement