Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec Personal Progression Plan

• 21-04-2021 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I have a phone meeting with this crowd on Tuesday. This will be my second stint with this lot. The main issues i had before with them, was that they were applying for jobs, without my permission for vacancies that i wouldn't be capable of doing. Can i refuse to sign the ppp plan? Has anyone here refused to sign the ppp plan, and if you did what happened afterwards? Any replies would be very much appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I have a phone meeting with this crowd on Tuesday. This will be my second stint with this lot. The main issues i had before with them, was that they were applying for jobs, without my permission for vacancies that i wouldn't be capable of doing. Can i refuse to sign the ppp plan? Has anyone here refused to sign the ppp plan, and if you did what happened afterwards? Any replies would be very much appreciated.:)

Sadly your not alone, there's a few threads re this shower if you search Seetac. In essence what they are doing raises serious concerns about data privacy and at the very least I'd be reporting this to SW and or your local TD.

Seetac get fees based on job applications, found, progression reports etc.

I can't advise not to sign the PPP but before doing so I would email them (something that can't be swept under the carpet) stating your concerns in advance of signing a PPP, you wish to engage of course but must raise concerns which is your fundamental right.

I've advised before, Document every and I mean everything, appointments, discussions, correspondence, SMS etc.

Both Seetac and Turas Nua under the political spotlight, particularly with SF TD"s and independents along with the Dail public accounts committee.

Good luck and ignore anticipated baiting posts that will inevitably come along on this Thread, I've had experience in the past with Turas Nua but both work under the same principle, Fee's, fee's, fee's.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

From reading various threads on here about Seetec, as long as you engage with them and attend whatever calls/meetings they ask you to then your SW payment won't be stopped even if you don't sign the agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

You're fully within your rights to refuse to sign the PPP, but it's important to say that you will engage and that you want it recorded on your PPP that you have agreed to engage.

Do not allow them to record "refusal to sign" without recording that you have stated you will engage. Make sure they write that down on the PPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hoboo wrote: »
    You're fully within your rights to refuse to sign the PPP, but it's important to say that you will engage and that you want it recorded on your PPP that you have agreed to engage.

Do not allow them to record "refusal to sign" without recording that you have stated you will engage. Make sure they write that down on the PPP.

Good advice, I wasn't entirely sure if you could refuse to sign given it could be said OP not engaging :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Hoboo wrote: »

Thank you. I will just tell them that i do not wish the sign the ppp. Otherwise im willing to fully engage with the program, and i will ask whoever my advisor is to make a note of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DeadString

Hi, I had a phone meeting with Seetec this week, I refused to sign any contracts
    but consented to agreement and engagement which is mandatory. Make it clear you are
    willing to agree and engage.

Nothing to fear, just because you are unemployed doest mean you can be coerced and bullied
    into signing a contract with a private company and having your data rights impinged.

Total waste of taxpayers money this whole farce. This is what happens when you try to privatize
    unemployment services, thank you Fine Gael.

Having said that the Seetac advisor I spoke with was polite and pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Hi, I have a phone call with them tomorrow for the first time. How did you get on now since not signing? I plan on saying I don't want to sign anything but I'm scared of getting my payment cut or something, I read the PPP is mandatory to sign but the data consent is optional, so would you say this isn't the case and you can just not sign anything? Thanks, sorry for bringing up older post

Advertisement