Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The perfect sandwich

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Sliced pan bread is for people who don't know how to enjoy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Good jesus I love sandwiches.

White bread, butter, mayo, cheddar, red onion, tomato. Salt and white pepper on the tomato. And salt and vinegar tayto.

The Christmas night sandwich is my favourite meal of the year. Poppy seeded crusty bread, butter, small but of turkey, plenty of ham and stuffing and some sprouts. The sprouts must be sliced thinly andstir fried with a bit of onion and sesame seeds.

You were going well there..... and then you mentioned Sprouts!😮

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

The perfect sandwich depends on your mood and the time of day. But fresh bread and proper butter are the essential groundwork for having one.

If it was a last meal/sandwich type of situation I'd go with grilled Turkey, Pastrami, mozzarella cheese, a 2nd stronger cheese, rocket, some diced peppers, tomato, potato salad, garlic mayo, a little hot sauce with cheese and onion crisps. :)

But if going for something quick it'd be 1 meat, 1 cheese, 1 salad, 1 sauce.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

JayZeus wrote: »
    Avocado is not a common foodstuff. Show me any shop in Ireland selling locally grown avocados and I’ll dip my hat in mashed avocados and eat it in a sandwich.

It’s food for posers and hipsters.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/12/hispters-handle-unpalatable-truth-avocado-toast
    Can hipsters stomach the unpalatable truth about avocado toast?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Has anyone mentioned the 2 slices of buttered batch, 6 fish fingers with hollandaise and a bucket of tea?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the 2 slices of buttered batch, 6 fish fingers with hollandaise and a bucket of tea?

This, but with bearnaise

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    This, but with bearnaise

Chrxst we've lost the run of ourselves with hollandaise, bearnaise sauce and the like :pac:

What's wrong with red or brown sauce...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sounds amazing!
    At 36, I only recently discovered that I like hollandaise.
    All those wasted times I could have ordered the eggs Benedict :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Guy Person wrote: »
    White bread, butter and King crisps. Walkers Ready Salted Anything else is just notions.

FYP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Tae!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Don't hate me but add cripsy bacon to this and it's immense!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another fav of mine is ham, cheese, iceberg lettuce, tomato, red onion and a little coleslaw on thick granary bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Few years ago had myself a BAT sandwich whilst visiting Spain - but not the flying type rather the Spanish equivalent of Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.

Rustic type bread with Spanish Bacon, locally grown Avocados and Tomatoes

Just thinking about it is making me hungry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

A proper Double Decker Toasted Club Sandwich on Johnson Mooney and O'Briens Doorstep bread, Real chicken breast pieces, Crispy Bacon, Egg, Lettuce, Tomato and red onion. I'm hungry now after writing that will have to go shopping for ingredients later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Crisp iceberg lettuce cool mayo and cucumber offset by hot habanero spicy meatballs and molten cheese. It’s the thunberg melt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just had epic sandwiches for lunch with my mum.
    White bread (proper, traditional white burnt top pan), freshly roast chicken(still warm), butterhead lettuce, Rebel Chilli barrel aged hotsauce, bit of mayonnaise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The shape of a sandwich is important

some people think triangles taste better, others think you should trim the edges

they are wrong

the best shape is circular

some unleavened bread covered in special tomato sauce and topped with four types of cheese, stick it in wood fired oven until its ready

serve with copious quantities of beer

but if you can't wait then a sandwich is good

fresh batch loaf with crusty edges and make a chip butty with proper chipper chips

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Clean out your toaster.
    That's what the crumb tray is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

At Electric Picnic a few years ago I got a sandwich on sour dough toasted bread, smoked duck fillet thinly sliced with a horseradish and tomato relish and some sort of smoked cheese as well. I think there some strange type of red lettuce on it too. Hands down one of the best sandwiches that has ever passed my lips. I still remember it. That place doesn't have a stall at the festival anymore unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

MadYaker wrote: »
    At Electric Picnic a few years ago I got a sandwich on sour dough toasted bread, smoked duck fillet thinly sliced with a horseradish and tomato relish and some sort of smoked cheese as well. I think there some strange type of red lettuce on it too. Hands down one of the best sandwiches that has ever passed my lips. I still remember it. That place doesn't have a stall at the festival anymore unfortunately.

Drugs are an excellent aperitif

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

BDI wrote: »
    Twins

Friend of mine had sex with twins.

How do you tell them apart? I asked.

Well Barbie has a small tattoo and Brian has a moustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Two slices of heavily buttered toast with 8 cheap sausages and a load of brown sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Slice pan bread with a lasagne filling.

The lasagndwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Grilled cheese all day long. Extra nice with a little bit of berries or berry jam in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Lightly toasted multi-seed bread, mayo, roast chicken fresh out of the oven, avocado, streaky bacon, plum tomatoes with a side of hunky dorys and a big glass of cold orange juice.

I'm so turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

A sandwich is supposed to be uncomplicated, handheld, and convenient -- not some culinary farce that requires a selection of cutlery and protective wear to consume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stilton and crisp bacon with mustard leaf greens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Peatys wrote: »
    Drugs are an excellent aperitif

Took me a while to get the words out alright

• Advertisement

No salad, it’s all good from there.

Advertisement