Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The perfect sandwich

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Thinly sliced Corned Beef on fresh white bread with butter, after it's been left in a tightly sealed lunch box for 5hrs, mmmmmm ya couldn't bate-tit.
    In a slightly warm, damp space.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Hot roast chicken, white bread and a good shake of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Christmas night.....
    Brennan's white sliced bread
    Butter (none of your vegetable oil or vegan crap)
    Cold cider baked ham (glazed in brown sugar and mustard)
    Dubliner red cheddar cheese
    Sliced in 2 diagonally

Accompanied by a nice cup of tea and cheese and onion crisps (King or Tayto).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

sugarman wrote: »
    It used to be, like everything its absolute muck the last few years.

Whatever you do, don't toast it... gives off a rotten smell.

Clean out your toaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Toasted white pan with ham, cheese, pesto, sun dried tomato and sriracha sauce.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Toasted white pan with ham, cheese, pesto, sun dried tomato and sriracha sauce.

Sriracha is an odd thing to add, personally I would leave it out. Just my opinion :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Bread, butter and jam. Why complicate a classic?

**** this sh1te of piling all this fancy bollox in a sandwich.

I want to eat the damn thing, not spend all my time trying to stop the filling falling all over the place.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Sriracha is an odd thing to add, personally I would leave it out. Just my opinion :/

Don't knock it...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

BDI wrote: »
    Twins

:cool:

This version is better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Avocado in a sandwich is disgusting. They aren’t a particularly nice thing to eat at the best of times, and the nicest thing you can say about the taste is that it’s inoffensive. Also, huge amount of water used to grow them commercially, and they are then flown half way around the world just so you can be charged 9 quid for some of it spread on sourdough toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Did anyone else love white bread sugar sandwiches as a kid?? God almighty :eek:

Freshly fried SQ sausages rolled in Aldi jalapeno relish, on fresh Sean's brown bread with real butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Yes!
    They were addictive and so easy to make.

Guilty to that :(

Would also of ate brown sauce sambo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i do enjoy a reuben

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Boards.ie needs more humor of a sexual nature and less threads about food!

More sexy less carbs!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thick sliced white bread, roast chicken, mayo, rocket, red onion, yellow and green peppers and sliced beef tomatoes with a good bit of salt...

...I'm feeling hungry again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Freshly fried SQ sausages rolled in Aldi jalapeno relish, on fresh Sean's brown bread with real butter.

No, but I do remember "hot dogs" consisting of a sausage wrapped in a slice of bread with butter and ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Get a wrap. Half jam spread, half peanut butter spread. Chop up a banana add it in. Get some chocolate spread stuff. Layer up.
    Call the cops because your saliva has been stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Just finished a Brennans white slice pan, butter , tayto and sliced green granny Smith apple sandwich .
    My Sunday evening favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Doesn't matter what the filling, if you need to use pre-SLICED bread of whatever make, then it's not worthy of being called anything other than a cop out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

More sexy less carbs!
    ah here we're all knackered and destroyed with heartburn

More sexy less carbs!

Mr. Brennan is getting the Hellmann's sucked outta his sausage in here.

What more could one want of a Sunday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Mr. Brennan is getting the Hellmann's sucked outta his sausage in here.

What more could one want of a Sunday evening?

A cup of tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'll get shouted down for this , but had one today, and had forgotten how fcuking good they are.
    Egg and onion. Cannot be beat .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Sausage
    Hash brown
    Rasher
    Egg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That sambo with sugar reminded me of an odd sambo I used it love when I was a kid - buttered bread with cornflakes and ketchup...

Close to Jupiterkids, with some crucial tweaks. Triple decker with grainy bread, sliced roast chicken and slices of crispy streaky bacon, shredded iceberg lettuce and sliced beef tomato with some finely sliced onion, smoked cheese and garlic mayo, toasted, and served with kettle crisps on the side and a huge mug of builders tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Black pepper sausages, bbq sauce on white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Plus they still use those horrendous Auld Mr Brennan ads to sell their shït bread.

This is the best one.

Advertisement