Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FARMERS STRIKE Monday July 29th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭alps

whelan2 wrote: »
    You'd wonder what goes through some people's head posting that to the public .

EGO

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I wouldnt be sending any anyway but just wondering have many crossed the picket lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,629 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

wrangler wrote: »
    IFA are starting to get bold down in Grange at the European veterinary inspectors, They're going to cut down trees like Brazil
    Great Crack

https://twitter.com/ajwwoods/status/1156556822704205824
    https://twitter.com/ajwwoods?lang=en

Don't blame them being p*ssed off with Teagasc etc. when you see its head signed off on that recent government "Climate" report that was put together by a shower of economists with no knowledge of any of the issues, but simply sought to put the boot into small family suckler farms in the West and other marginal areas:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭epfff

Can we know how Many posters voted (dont want names)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

epfff wrote: »
    Can we know how Many posters voted (dont want names)

Yes you should be able to see that when you vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Don't blame them being p*ssed off with Teagasc etc. when you see its head signed off on that recent government "Climate" report that was put together by a shower of economists with no knowledge of any of the issues, but simply sought to put the boot into small family suckler farms in the West and other marginal areas:mad:

They were at the European Food and Veterinary offices, not at teagasc.
    They're the crowd that supposed to be monitoring imports into EU.
    IFA is demanding a billion to compensate for the damage that's after being done in the last 12 months and a stop to the substandard beef that's being allowed into the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Birdnuts wrote: »

Martin Coughlan has a good article in the farming Independent where he claims farmers are being scapegoated for the huge carbon footprint elsewhere in the economy and the govts inability to deal with it.

Martin Coughlan has a good article in the farming Independent where he claims farmers are being scapegoated for the huge carbon footprint elsewhere in the economy and the govts inability to deal with it.

https://twitter.com/ajwwoods/status/1154714098023718914

Another good tweet from Adam, wonder will farmers lie down and accept this as well or will they finally give public servants and government a kick up the ho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Here it goes
    Day 1
    Went up Monday after been told there'd be no trouble, could not get in fair enough went home.
    Day 2
    Found out then they were going to be there for the week, said I'm not having that. Went last night got roared at and abused (judas, tramp, dickhead, bla bla bla) there was about 16 7 of which surrounded the lorry roared at me. One chap climbed up on my lorry 3 times.
    I said I need to go in I need the money and that is a fact. All my own stock.
    Gaurds came let me in. 2 jeep and trailers after me got an awful dogging altogether, one lad had an aa heifer going over age.
    Leaving the factory I was told they'd burn me out the next time they see me. Threw a banana in to the lorry.. Eat that u fn monkey.
    No going to lie I was shook after it but I will admit backed into a corner I'm no wallflower.
    Day 3
    Landed up at 7,by 8 there was nearly 200 cattle on the road. During the night the put nails and pallets on the ground, moved them before the cameras came. There was about 45 protesting and maybe 17 ish farmers trying to get.
    The beef plan were shouting over to us ah yer getting 4 euro repeatedly which is total lies. We sat there till about one o clock. Gaurds were amazing.
    Eventually the cattle were left in on condition each farmer was asked individually not to come in.
    I was next in, some of them started coming over to me telling me not to go in. I said I don't agree with yee and I think yee are wrong.
    What personal abuse I got, that I never worked a day in my life, only for my daddy I'd be nothing & I'd be protesting with them,never done anything in my life, never bought an acre of ground (which is bolicks)
    Scum, traitor, c u next Tuesday etc etc.

In the crowd I saw so many hangers on who only came for the sandwiches.
    I happen to meet the main guy in the shop, we had a very calm duscssion.
    I told him my opion, he told me his again. And we agreed to disagree.
    On a side note 2 of the more prominent members killed 60 between them last week.

Sorry for the long post, I'm far from perfect but I am a passive person, Ive never been sent in off match, in a fight whatever after a nightclub whatever.

Again I'm in a good few pics on the wats app group & Snapchat. Enough of sh1t there about me go easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What did you expect by passing a picket 2 days in a row!! .
    You did not show any solidarity anyway ,most other cattle supplier also have cattle fit to kill and you never told us why the protester are wrong to be picketing ,maybe the protester's should wait until the base price drops below€3/kg

• Advertisement

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Here it goes
    Day 1
    Went up Monday after been told there'd be no trouble, could not get in fair enough went home.
    Day 2
    Found out then they were going to be there for the week, said I'm not having that. Went last night got roared at and abused (judas, tramp, dickhead, bla bla bla) there was about 16 7 of which surrounded the lorry roared at me. One chap climbed up on my lorry 3 times.
    Gaurds came let me in. 2 jeep and trailers after me got an awful dogging altogether, one lad had an aa heifer going over age.
    Leaving the factory I was told they'd burn me out the next time they see me. Threw a banana in to the lorry.. Eat that u fn monkey.
    No going to lie I was shook after it but I will admit backed into a corner I'm no wallflower.
    Day 3
    Landed up at 7,by 8 there was nearly 200 cattle on the road. During the night the put nails and pallets on the ground, moved them before the cameras came. There was about 45 protesting and maybe 17 ish farmers trying to get.
    The beef plan were shouting over to us ah yer getting 4 euro repeatedly which is total lies. We sat there till about one o clock. Gaurds were amazing.
    Eventually the cattle were left in on condition each farmer was asked individually not to come in.
    I was next in, some of them started coming over to me telling me not to go in. I said I don't agree with yee and I think yee are wrong.
    What personal abuse I got, that I never worked a day in my life, only for my daddy I'd be nothing & I'd be protesting with them,never done anything in my life, never bought an acre of ground (which is bolicks)

On a side note 2 of the more prominent members killed 60 between them last week.

Sorry for the long post, I'm far from perfect but I am a passive person, Ive never been sent in off match, in a fight whatever after a nightclub whatever.

Again I'm in a good few pics on the wats app group & Snapchat. Enough of sh1t there about me go easy.

To be fair it was the way this protest had to go, Everyone is giving out about IFAs law abiding efforts in the past, Crowds can get very wound up Individual farmers can be vulnerable now if anything goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

orm0nd wrote: »
    I see a high rank IFA member posted elsewhere where he got away his bulls a couple of nights ago.

Didn't go down too well with a lot of people.

Aye, if it was a protest about a different kinda animal twould be a different story.
    Ya can’t be talking out two sides of yer mouth.

cute geoge wrote: »
    You did not show any solidarity anyway ,most other cattle supplier also have cattle fit to kill and you never told us why the protester are wrong to be picketing ,maybe the protester's should wait until the base price drops below€3/kg

It was been sold as a peace full protest.
    I think they are wrong I explained why I thought they were wrong.

It was been sold as a peace full protest.
    I think they are wrong I explained why I thought they were wrong.

I haven't bought a bullock or heifer in 12 years. All p grade fr cows here.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

But sure everyone that sent in cattle to bandon today got there 4 euro or so i am told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

If that’s the case then the protest has achieved something.

Willfarman wrote: »

ya but will they get it tuesday.

But sure everyone that sent in cattle to bandon today got there 4 euro or so i am told.

How can you take people seriously who say that??..... It was 5 euro anyway. The first decker that left with cattle went straight to rathdowney. One lad got a call from Dawn to come up if he doesn't get in to ABP, said as principal he was staying here.

Willfarman wrote: »

That happens every time, don't know if it's true or not, no one ever showed me a docket.
    There's no doubt if they give €4/kg to enough farmers it'll break the protest.
    but you'd need to be a right idiot to admit to getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Was due to send 12 bullocks today. Booked in since last week. Rang agent yesterday and told him not passing the picket. They’re still in the field tonight and will be till protests over.

• Advertisement

There is no 4 euro going... Anyone who believes that is a lost cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Dunedin wrote: »
    Hate to knock any attempt at trying to improve a depressing market but will this not be a case of ‘I’ll sell Tuesday instead’. Twill hardly affect the factories too much.

I’m not afraid to say I was wrong on this. Seems to be gathering momentum. Hard to know how much it’s really affecting factories.

I thought initially it was only one day but fair play for continuing. I’m doing my bit tomorrow at midlands factory.

Had 12 bullocks to go today but told agent not passing the picket. They’ll stay at home as loon as they need to.

Next week will be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

The big problem many have with farmers is all their children get free fees and student grants whilst PAYE workers who have less ..have to pay through the nose for their kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭memorystick

LuasSimon wrote: »
    The big problem many have with farmers is all their children get free fees and student grants whilst PAYE workers who have less ..have to pay through the nose for their kids

Your knowledge of farming is as impressive as it is of the hotel sector

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057997895/1/#post110729898

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Pidae, so you had two loads of fattened cull cows and they had to be killed this week? That's your argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Here it goes
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3

At least to your credit you stand by your actions but if you were a local around here that would be remembered to you for two generations.

Grueller wrote: »
    At least to your credit you stand by your actions but if you were a local around here that would be remembered to you for two generations.

And thats for sure.

Yes they did. I
    ts a 4 day week next week.
    They are wrong to block the factories. Its a cheap PR stunt.
    Look at the huge discount on meat in supervalue this week. 33% off.

The factories are not going to give more next week because of the protest that means they are admitting that they are wrong.

Alls it will happen is a logjam next week or the week after.
    Listen there was no beef baron had cattle up there today, only all middle of the road lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭grange mac

I heard tonight that Dawn Charleville has about 4weeks stock in storage, not sure how true that is but if they do then they don't give a **** about a strike for few days.... I think upto me what I'm gonna do this winter. Have tough choices to make about my stock when am I gonna crystalyse my dam losses. Its upto each individual to make their own mind and stop complaining about be a bytch for the factories..... I am hearing of guys already selling 700kg stores and then buying the 300kg charlaois that everyone wants now thus upping their price to stupid levels .... If said individual moans again I will tell him... He is his own worst enemy!

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »

And thats for sure.

Well for the 16 or 17 who went in today, we'll won't forget faces either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement