Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MTB Photos taken on your cycle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

LRNM wrote: »
    Also I know it's not technically mountain biking, but I have to start somewhere.

It's more so for adventuring and rambling when the weather gets better. I love wandering off to the backarse of nowhere and enjoying nature.

I have many big plans for the summer.

As long as you are on your bike and enjoying yourself then it’s all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭covey123

LRNM wrote: »
    There's no mountain bike tracks in this county that I'm aware of

Not a problem,start building some 😉

Why are my emojis not working??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭saccades

Disabled for triple posters...

;)

I was a diva moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭prunudo

Cracking weather this weekend to be out on the bike. Hope everyone got out to enjoy it.

jvan wrote: »
    Cracking weather this weekend to be out on the bike. Hope everyone got out to enjoy it.

Yep, feet so wet last weekend was trying to find the water proof socks afterwards, t-shirt all the way this morning!

Nice pic by the way, where is it?

covey123 wrote: »
    Yep, feet so wet last weekend was trying to find the water proof socks afterwards, t-shirt all the way this morning!

Nice pic by the way, where is it?

Over looking Powerscourt waterfall from Crone woods, near Enniskerry in Co.Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Some photos taken from Saturday below. Every year Sheffield hosts a festival called 'The Outdoor city' to promote outdoor activities, part of which covers mountain biking with a mix of events from coaching companies offering newbie intro sessions at much reduced rates, kids events, and a dual-slalom urban race through the city centre. This year organisers added an informal 'party' at a local trail called Parkwood Springs located in the city on the grounds of the former dry-slope ski village (as seen in Steve Peats footage from the film 'Gamble').

Did a couple of hours of general messing about at the 'loam party' event including some dual slalom and trains before heading into the city centre for the evenings festivities at the urban dual-slalom race (stream replay on pinkbike).

476255.jpg

476259.jpg

476256.jpg

476257.jpg

Okay something weird is going on. The Sheffield post doesn't appear until I post a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Can't beat a lovely, dry afterwork spin...

2Ak0kE4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Halfway along the new official trail in Ticknock...

476402.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Up until now I've purely done roads and farm lanes on the bike but I wanted to test it a bit further.

Nice 2km squared abandoned (for 20+ years) quarry with lots of lines and routes in it.

It performed very well and I'm impressed. Tyre's held up too despite all the large rocks, thorns and gorse. I wouldn't like to regularly subject the bike to these conditions though.

L1KH1j4.jpg

6fOqFYT.jpg

7ATsJFi.jpg

JUdo7lt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Halfway along the new official trail in Ticknock...

What's the new official trail?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Hurrache wrote: »
    What's the new official trail?

The first marked one, on the right, along the climb from the upper carpark to the masts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

476692.jpg

476693.jpg

476694.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Is that torc?

Peter T wrote: »
    Is that torc?

Fairy Castle / TwoRock.

• Advertisement

I was looking at it on my phone at the time and thought the shrub in the 2nd pic was burn't. I thought maybe you headed up for a pedal after the fires friday night

I haven't even seen any burnt shrub in fairness; fog was so dense I barely seen the trail ahead ;) Where were the fires?

Alek wrote: »
    I haven't even seen any burnt shrub in fairness; fog was so dense I barely seen the trail ahead ;) Where were the fires?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/hundreds-of-acres-of-forest-burned-and-wildlife-incinerated-in-kerry-fire-1.3844423

477178.jpg
    477179.jpg
    477180.jpg
    477181.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Amazing shots Alek. What tyre's are you running on the Genesis? I'm using a sports hybrid hacked up to be a poor mans MTB up there but should really look getting the CX more hill capable.

Don't ask!

Ok, you did.

WTB Ranger 3" on the front and Trail Boss 2.25" rear, both 650B.

Quite capable of going completely offroad in places, yet still surprisingly passable on the road.

477784.jpg
    477783.jpg
    477785.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Lunch time spin up to the Hellfire and took one of the more obscure tracks back through Masseys. Bit of a jungle..

478000.JPG

478002.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Derroura this evening - not a soul up there.

IMG-20190419-174418.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

In Lanzarote for a few days. I hired a MTB and did the 'trails' around the Caldera Volcan.
    It was tough work: the trails were rough in most places but with some nice sweeping runs with natural berms.
    I must say I was not impressed with this 1x10 gearing. It's OK at the low end but I ran out of gears once the speed picked up - whereas at this stage I'd have about 10 more gears to go on my traditional 3x10 setup.
    478393.JPG
    478394.JPG
    478395.JPG

Advertisement