Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

rushvalley wrote: »
    super calf there !! what's his breeding ?

He's put on about 25kg since I posted this

LM sired dam and her mother was a huuuuge sim/brfr, the bull is very hard found though! WTB. Best cow we have, that her here behind the the guy above's full sis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Sum fert onto a new grass seed put in today.

Rushes sprayed about a week ago, they seem to have got a good hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Took this last week.....he ploughed through the rushes to ask for a scratch.
    c1ewjDAh.png?1

What weight would he be, roughly. Funny coloured sky. Like something out of a jimi hendrix video

dh1985 wrote: »
    What weight would he be, roughly. Funny coloured sky. Like something out of a jimi hendrix video

I'm gauging 380ish atm. I can tell you for sure if test goes ok next week and we get him sold after it.

Sky is weird because I got a new phone and I haven't worked out how to set the camera correctly:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

M4S
    Great work. You'll need more stock to eat all the extra grass next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Looks good how many weeks since you cut them, sprayed mine after four weeks, don't think they were all up, might spray again in another four.....its only 2acre rough ground ...do it with the quad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Fair Play to you, MCPA ?

just do it wrote: »
    M4S
    Great work. You'll need more stock to eat all the extra grass next year!

That's the plan hopefully!

rangler1 wrote: »
    Looks good how many weeks since you cut them, sprayed mine after four weeks, don't think they were all up, might spray again in another four.....its only 2acre rough ground ...do it with the quad

About 6 weeks ago, another graze and a topping hope to hit in spring agen hopefully be fairly thin by then.

• Advertisement

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Fair Play to you, MCPA ?

Yep MCPA first time to use it, with a bottle of washing up liquid as a sticking agent (trick I learnt on boards)

About 6 weeks ago, another graze and a topping hope to hit in spring agen hopefully be fairly thin by then.

Looks like I sprayed a bit early, green shoots appearing, will they be too strong by the spring I wonder, they'd definitely be all up
    Used the washin up liquid too
    Just seen you're topping again in the spring before spraying,

Might be worth trying to do it this year if you can. They are growing like mad this year. You could nearly see them grow!

Might be worth trying to do it this year if you can. They are growing like mad this year. You could nearly see them grow!

Yea that's what's annoying me, probably will spray it, quad will work even if ground conditions deteriorate

And this is both madness and quietness all rolled into one:o
    Working those Limousin figures back towards docile :D:D
    hja6EqBl.jpg?2

Kovu docility approved!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Kovu docility approved!

Don't know about that

Reggie. wrote: »
    Don't know about that

Eh.....shurrup you.

Eh.....shurrup you.

Kovu and docility :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

hja6EqBl.jpg?2[/QUOTE

Jaysus Kovu it's a young fellow you should be up on and not a cow :D sorry couldn't resist.

• Advertisement

AP2014 wrote: »
    hja6EqBl.jpg?2[/QUOTE

Jaysus Kovu it's a young fellow you should be up on and not a cow :D sorry couldn't resist.

Must resist......

AP2014 wrote: »

Must resist......

A neighbour wanted to rent an acre from me for horse for her daughter, she said it'd only be for a few years. Without thinking I said yea she'll be riding something else then......she didn't like it...her precious daughter:rolleyes:

A neighbour wanted to rent an acre from me for horse for her daughter, she said it'd only be for a few years. Without thinking I said yea she'll be riding something else then......she didn't like it...her precious daughter:rolleyes:

Ya cheeky ........:D

Funny enough I'm keeping the daughter away from the geegees for as long as I can! I've put a hurley in her hand instead

Funny enough I'm keeping the daughter away from the geegees for as long as I can! I've put a hurley in her hand instead

Now there's a plan ;)

Now there's a plan ;)

And I'll be getting one for myself when she starts secondary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Are you the first man to bring a Hurley to west Clare? You wouldn't want to show up at the KIB pitch with it or you'll be banned outta there for life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Are you the first man to bring a Hurley to west Clare? You wouldn't want to show up at the KIB pitch with it or you'll be banned outta there for life :D

They're not fond of the small ball at all there :p

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Earlier I posted a pic of a bull calf from a maternal bull. Here is a calf the same age out of a terminal bull (queenshead altea). Big difference between the two calves

I hear you on that one. Maybe we'd be better off just going with terminal and paying well for replacements. I'd prefer to have a closed herd though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

What bulls have you used this year Robin?

Advertisement