Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what do i buy my Girlfriend for her birthday?

• 25-01-2012 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

hi, i need help i don't know what to buy my girlfriend for here birthday, were only together about 3 weeks, she is 28 in a few days, my birthday is a few days later. this is my first relationship so i am not used to this, buying gifts etc, so i need advice, she said she doesn't want anything but i want to get her something small even. any idea's?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moved from the Ladies Lounge

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You're only together 3 weeks, so you don't have to go mad. Something small would do the trick- jewellery is a safe enough bet. What kind of stuff does she wear? Something like a nice bracelet would go down well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

You're only together 3 weeks, so you don't have to go mad. Something small would do the trick- jewellery is a safe enough bet. What kind of stuff does she wear? Something like a nice bracelet would go down well.

Agreed, you don't want to go over the top after only a few weeks! Definitely keep it under 50euro (at most!!).

If she has a pandora bracelet you could get her a charm for that. Or necklace/earrings if you know her taste well enough (look out for whether she wears silver or gold, large or small pendants)

Even just bring her out for meal somewhere nice and give her some flowers and a box of chocolates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭simit

You're probably better off just going for a nice meal and a small gift. Nothing too much, some perfume maybe or chocs and flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Perfume. Earrings. A hat. Scarf. Any of these things. A meal also. Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Its a bit much after 3 weeks unless you have been friends with this girl for a while before. If she likes the same music as you maybe you could get 2 tivkets to a gig!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Thread of the day disappoints...

OP, any chance you could post the same question in After Hours for the lulz???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

we been going out for 3 weeks properly but been friends for over a year and a half. i might go with the chocs and flowers, don't think she'd like the going out for a meal. only wanted to get something small, don't want to do it a bit too much, she said she didn't want anything anyways but i know thats bulls**t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rOBeRt frETt

candy is dandy but liqueur is quicker

• Advertisement

French maid outfit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 wanlabanchang

Just make sure you buy her something

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Nodferatu wrote: »
    she said she didn't want anything anyways but i know thats bulls**t :)

Mostly likely true :P

Since you've know her for a while then, you should have a good idea of her interests. What would you get her if you weren't going out? I'd say to go with that and then flowers too to add the romantic factor in without going over the top. Oh and a card... this can be dangerous territory though, be very careful of the wording of the card you choose :) Or you could make her one if you're in any way artistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

get her a bowling ball with the holes tapered for your fingers and your name engraved on there

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roddie

pair of not to expensive but not to cheap ear rings

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

an ironing board always goes down well ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Lads keep the replies constructive and helpful. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

If you are going to go with chocolates and flowers, make sure that you put effort into picking out the right card - you do know this girl for a year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i bought her chocolates/card/flowers she was pleased with them, thanks for advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement