Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irreligious countries and ****.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

'Sup Liamo.

Second page? Thread goes in, thread goes out. You can't explain that.

Edit: Fool that I am, I forgot to apply a youtube video.

I will rectify that thusly... (I fukking love doing things thusly)

heh heh heh

and again for some inexplicable reason... {they are the best kinds of reasons...let's be honest}

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Looking for this, strobe?

Looking for this, strobe?

Ahh yes, yes I was. Go raibh míle maith agat. (you will have to envisage the fadas. It's fun to envisage things. True...)

Weezer did a good song... Who knew?

Also suddenly, Sublime!

There is a theme if you look closely... I fukking love themes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I think this expresses everything I want & n:cool:e:pe:eek:d to say right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

• Advertisement

Freedom of speech motherfukker! (This means you!)

I got no strings,
    To hold me down.
    To make me fret,
    Or make me frown.
    I had strings,
    But now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me (heh!)

I got no strings,
    So I have fun.
    I'm not tied up to anyone.
    They've got strings,
    But you can see.
    There are no strings on me (hehheheheh)

Malty_T wrote: »

Good song.

I'm such a bad influence. That's the best kind of influence to be. Let's be honest. It just is. There was this girl this one time and there was an incident, and she just looked at me, so I recognised that, and I said "What's with the look?" and she said "You are a hard person to be friends with Strobe"... What the fukk is that about? What a thing to lay on someone, ye know? But Jekyll and Hyde aside (that rhymes and you know it rhymes, admit it!) it's better to take the blue pill? Jesus, imagine reading this for the first time tomorrow morning. A Freudian would have a field day.

I can't even believe this thread exists. But you can't empirically prove it doesn't. Therefore god and sh1t. (I'm the worlds greatest apologist, it's just that easy).

This one is for you strobe bro!:D

Inkeeping with tradition, another tune to Strobey. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

What is this thread?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    What is this thread?

DO NOT QUESTION THE THREAD!!!

CiaranMT wrote: »
    What is this thread?

I think there are three possible explanations Ciaran:

1. It acts in a way that is similar in function to a lint trap in a washing machine. It captures all the stray lint posts that would otherwise be deposited on the clothes threads.

2. Both of the Mods have children and are maintaining the thread for posterity sake to show to their children to scare them straight.

3. Prophet?

**Bonus option** 4. For the craic.

[edit] Song! {*Amendem}

I disagree thoroughly Strobe.

This is the thread that one goes to share their epiphanies while their mind is experiencing a whole new level of wisdom,clarity and understanding.

I disagree thoroughly Strobe.

This is the thread that one goes to share their epiphanies while their mind is experiencing a whole new level of wisdom,clarity and understanding.

:D I couldn't have put it better myself.

(well obviously I could if I wanted 'cause I'm brilliant. But that would just be showing off).

strobe wrote: »
    :D I couldn't have put it better myself.

I disagree thoroughly here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Wtf is that shizz bleg?:confused:

OI Strobe you awake!? You better be awake and philosophical!:mad:

Ahh feck sake, you there or not?:(

This is our dream mate.:D

Whoa, Malty, sorry for leaving you hanging there man.

Just for a split second there I thought life wasn't a game and that threw me a little. Went to work and sh1t, midweek and all, madness says I!

But it's cool, We Bros. (I'm not adopting American college slang as a matter of form. I just am struggling to come up with a better link to this song. But still...this song. Ohh yes, I think so, yes yes.)

"WE BROS/////(This ships set sail/ sail on you and me/ This ships set sail/ I just wanted to be free/ So maybe we will fail/ fail to not see/ maybe we will fail/ but at least we will be free)//// You stand so holy/ nah don’t sit down/ join the feet all marching/ across the ground/ This place so lonely/ but nah don’t settle down/ just hear the beat drown over/ all this lonesome sound/ It’s a sad song that makes a man put/ money before life/ a sad song that puts a man for sale/ A sad song that make a man put/ money before life/ how many asses are you gonna have to sell/ We were born as animals/ we were born as animals and we bros/ But you/ put suits on animals/ you try to put suits on animals but we bros/ we bros you lost man/ we bros so long/ put away your guns man/ and sing this song/ And I said the mountain wont go falling/ if your still willing to climb/ but when the mountain goes falling/ true riches you will find/ Nah we/ were born as animals/ born as animals and we bros/ But you/ put suits on animals/ you try to put suits on animals but we bros/ We bros you lost man!/ We bros so long!/ Put away your guns man!/ And sing this song! (We Bros / We Bros!)"

Yes yes.

Put away your guns man, and sing this song.

• Advertisement

:D

That's some old school stuff man. I'm into it. But I think I'm pretty committed to sounding the other side of the drum (what an abstract reference) at this stage.
    So I'm going to go hard with the heavier stuff, same band. They lie about their lyrics, which is fun.

Ah good point well made, but aye I think it needs more passion.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Just hit on a girl in an elevator. She looked at her watch, said "oh cool it's not 4am yet I'm safe" and fcuked me. True story

liamw wrote: »
    Just hit on a girl in an elevator. She looked at her watch, said "oh cool it's not 4am yet I'm safe" and fcuked me. True story

Hang on! If you're gonna be misogynistc that means you gotta act like the dominant sex! It sounds she was the dominant the sex! Where are mens rights gone to?:(

(was tempted to post Time of My Life ;))

Fucking hell man. Way too deliberate of a song by Evernasaeaonceace. I just don't buy it. Stings of first world rich kids longing to feel pain so they can make art. Nice song and all.

Enter the chief.

Aww I fecking love that song Strobe. You ledge. Now I'm going to have to try and match that one some how.:(

WTF Happened to the Smashing Pumkins??

Ultimate Hippie tune imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Some invisible jokes going on at this stage :pac:

• Advertisement

liamw wrote: »
    Some invisible jokes going on at this stage :pac:

Ahh, Liamo, Strabogolis (I'm not going to call someone sponsoredwalk at the moment, it's awfully mouthfully, so you get the moniker Strabogolis for now, sorry) welcome. Pull up a seat, stay a while. Try not to injure yourself on any of the sharp corners pertaining to the clocks gentlemen. The dangerous dangerous clocks.

Then unexpectedly and with quite a volume of undue haste, not to mention for no apparent reason, these guys.

...and also some thoroughly broken cucurbitaceae, reprised.

(Apparently the cracking squash have disabled embedding on all versions of this song on youtube (or maybe it was Sony or Apple or someone. I don't care who is responsible, someone is being an ass). Fukk them, watch it on youtube in anyway, but leave a snarky comment on the comment section about how they meticulously demanded disabling of embedding. Fight the power, Trotsky would be proud, and we all love Trotsky right? Right?... Right.)

...and with that I bid you a good night and morning. Bare in mind I will probably delete this post upon wakening so enjoy it whilst you can.

Advertisement