Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just got a court Summons for illegal plates

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

keane2097 wrote: »
    Probably the same as yours...? To be honest I don't really understand the question.

Look, if I'm being completely honest I'm actually upset with myself for calling you a douchebag because it's given you such a great way to avoid addressing the point.

You keep bringing up the name-calling and I'm sorry, but I just don't believe it actually hurt your feelings or anything, so the only thing I can think of is that you're using it as a way to not have to justify your ridiculously badly balanced views of breaking traffic laws.

Now please (and this is only a request, I'm not saying you need my permission to post in this thread or anything), either respond to that point or just refrain from responding to me at all.

Or at least respond about something other than the fact that I called somebody a name.

I addressed your point already.

I think you've finally got the point now though and also gained some forum etiquette points. You've finally realised that calling somebody names is a bad idea.

Your a fast learner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You mean with this post I guess right?
    If you want to be pedantic there are old laws in this country if you google that are damn strange. There the law though - are you going to break them?

Your point here seems to be that because there are some laws that are stupid and antiquated, that's a reason why you should be allowed to break the speed limit.
    I'm not going to follow ill thought rules here there and everywhere if there pointless (eg. You have to go about 40km/h for a long distance outside Claregalway on a brand new wide road with 3 whole lanes becuase there are houses planted about the place sporadically) because quite frankly I'm not a sheep.

Ok I can accept that there are certain speed limits that you feel are inappropriate for the roads they're in place on. That's something I'm certainly not going to be able to change your mind about.

But can you not see how arrogant it seems that you think you should be able to decide whether or not to obey speed limits, while you berate OP for having illegal license plates? [This is the only real issue I've had with anything you've had to say in this thread - I apologies for my exaspeation at other people causing me to be uncivil with you]
    The whole road and driver system in this country needs massive reform and most would agree (especially over on the motors forum)

This point I don't really feel qualified to agree or disagree on, but if I had to guess I'd say you're probably right...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

I've just read every post on this tree. Excellent stuffs, keep it up while I grab some more popcorn.

(Oh and model cars rule too. I had a python.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi guys,

quick questions cos I am too lazy to read through all of this...does anyone know what happens if you are brought to court for illegal plates? How much is the fine or does it differ?

My boyfriend just got stopped for speeding (idiot I know) and the guard is bringing him to court for the plates.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

was has reg plates got to do with Models from 2008?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

was has reg plates got to do with Models from 2008?

What are you talking about? The thread is about illegal number plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

TillyGirl wrote: »
    What are you talking about? The thread is about illegal number plates.

:rolleyes:

you might want to try the motors forum.

This is an old thread and utterly irrelevant to the Models forum (which you are posting in)

reg plate = number plate by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

was a great thread tbf - nice to see the old girl get a bump :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Thread closes now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement