Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rain trouble?

• 16-09-2019 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hoping someone can give me some insight; got caught driving home from work on sunday morning in the rain; the really fine misty type rain. Right indicators stopped working but left is ok, hazards are ok as are all other lights.

Got home, parked, put cover over her. Next day, she's completely dead. Nothing. Sprayed some WD40 on the spark plugs & a few other places & after a few minutes i went back & she started fine. Same issue with right indicators but shes turning over fine. Let her run for about 5 minutes then went to switch it off but it kept running but was eventually able to switch it off. About 2 hours later & I'm back to square one. Completely dead. Anyone offer any insight? I've it booked into a bike shop in a few days but it'd be nice to be able to drive her there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

hey, what's the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,828 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Could be a dodgy ignition switch and/or breaks in the loom at the steering head. Some bikes have cable ties there which if tightened too much in the factory can start to chafe the wires.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I had the "kept running" problem on my DR350. It wasn't the ign switch. There a relay in the supply circuit that needed to be replaced.
    In theory the same relay could fail to close/activate and cause the lack of power you describe.
    Has it now been to the workshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

I had the "kept running" problem on my DR350. It wasn't the ign switch. There a relay in the supply circuit that needed to be replaced.
    In theory the same relay could fail to close/activate and cause the lack of power you describe.
    Has it now been to the workshop?

Dropped her in yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement