Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giant Stance 2 2018 upgrade

• 22-03-2019 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all. Does anyone could give me advice about upgrade I am planning to fit into my bike? I am currently riding 2×9 Alivio shifters/ deore LX mech setup. I feel that my gears in the mid range have something missing . I can't find the "golden cog" which could give me the feeling of smooth transition from granny gear up when changing gear on front shifter, especially when trying to avoid big chain crossing. I decided to go to 1x12 Sram NX Eagle to get rid of the play with front shifter.
    Do you think I can fit this new setup on my non boost 27' wheel ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've done a bit of searching, apparently it will fit but it is tight. Personally I would save the few quid and get an 11 speed setup - you can still get an 11-46 cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Bring your bike to your local bike shop and ask their advice.
    In my experience the knowledge and service from the independent bike shops is usually excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

you should go with shimano SLX 1x11, just get the 11-46 cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

you should go with shimano SLX 1x11, just get the 11-46 cassette

How much do they go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Gerry

Just looking on chain reaction the slx 11-46 approx 60 the eagle 88. 12 speed chainrings a bit more expensive , same with chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gerry wrote:
    Just looking on chain reaction the slx 11-46 approx 60 the eagle 88. 12 speed chainrings a bit more expensive , same with chain.

They've come down a bit since I last looked, thinking of changing mine over, currently running a 2 x 10

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pedro000

Found guy who offered me full NX set up for 220. Additionally, I had to install SRAM BB which cost me extra 45. Shifting is now perfect. Would also recommend 1x12 or any 1xXX to anyone , who has a chain drop problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

Sram gxp bb is dog**** and stupid expensive compared to ht2 though.

Preventing chain drop is NW, then a clutch then a chain device for mental stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Pedro000 wrote: »
    Found guy who offered me full NX set up for 220. Additionally, I had to install SRAM BB which cost me extra 45. Shifting is now perfect. Would also recommend 1x12 or any 1xXX to anyone , who has a chain drop problem

Did you fit a 12spd on the same hub as your 9 spd?

Advertisement