Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business or engineering?

• 24-06-2015 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

im just wondering, is there anyone who could tell me about the business or engineering choice courses or the biomedical engineering ? the hours and how they find the course? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Engineering choice is a common first year with all the mech/aero/bio engineering students. The engineering choice course is somewhat irrelevant as you can switch between those 3 during the first 2 years. Only do biomedical engineering if the bio side is of interest to you, otherwise stick with mechanical engineering. The courses are about 20 to 25 hours a week for the first 2 years anyway. QCA only starts from 2nd year, however your first year QCA will dictate where you may end up doing your co-op placement at the end of 2nd year. Your co-op will last for 8 months and take up the first semester of 3rd year, so you have only one semester of academic work on campus for 3rd year but it's a tough enough semester. 4th year then is tough but doable. If you have a decent understanding of maths and an interest in engineering then I wouldn't bother doing business if I were you. Engineering will probably offer more opportunities when you graduate.

Advertisement