Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Evening All,

Had a really bad day, started off ok but then had toast and cheese, i don't know why i bought the cheese. I had dinner which i didn't point - chips - aaahhhhhhh and to top it all off i ate a whole bar of Galaxy Caramel - a big bar. Not only do i feel mad at myself i also feel slightly unwell from it! It was not a good weekend for me at all.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Not having a very good time lately with weight watchers have put on weight the last two weeks (3lb in two weeks) haven't seemed to be able to get back into tracking after I got my third stone which I was waiting for. No exercise either (thats pure laziness) any ideas how to get back onto the weight watchers saddle??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Just made the yummiest creamy tarragon chicken and sautéed rosemary potatoes.

Ingredients:

4 medium chicken breasts
    1 onion
    1 tbsp dried chopped tarragon
    2tsp olive oil
    5 sprays low cal spray
    1tsp dried rosemary (or thyme, I used thyme, didn't have rosemary)
    100g low fat garlic & herb soft cheese
    200ml chicken stock
    50ml vermouth dry or dry white wine (I used white wine)
    800g baby/new potatoes (200g per portion)

Recipe:

1. Spray a frying pan with low cal spray and add the chicken breasts (whole). Cook on a medium-high heat for about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
    2. Add the onion and cook on a medium heat, until they have softened.
    3. Add the wine/vermouth and let it bubble for a few moments.
    4. Meanwhile, whisk the cheese, chicken stock and tarragon together.
    5. Add the mixture to the chicken and cook on a low heat for 25 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid or tin foil (I used tin foil).
    6. Boil the baby potatoes until you can stick a knife through them. Cut in half, set aside.
    7. Add 2 tsp olive oil to a frying pan and add the potatoes. Turn once and cook until golden, also about 1 minute before they are cooked, add the rosemary/thyme.

I served with carrots and brocolli and I don't normally like creamy chicken sauces but it was gorgeous, really tasty.

oooh yummy i've been eyeing up that recipe for ages! have it on my to do list!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Evening All,

Had a really bad day, started off ok but then had toast and cheese, i don't know why i bought the cheese. I had dinner which i didn't point - chips - aaahhhhhhh and to top it all off i ate a whole bar of Galaxy Caramel - a big bar. Not only do i feel mad at myself i also feel slightly unwell from it! It was not a good weekend for me at all.:(

Don't worry. We all have days like that. I was even worse than you on Thursday AND Friday. Thursday had bottle and a half of wine and numerous canapés and on Friday, fry up and a curry chip roll. Just start a fresh tomorrow. Have a little plan of what you are going to have for Brekkie, Lunch and Dins tomorrow and leave some points for snacks too. Try and get a walk in and you will feel much better.

Siobhan, I'm totally in the same boat, it's hard sometimes isnt it?
    i think i'll try and get a walk in before work in the morning, that will hopefully set me up good mentally for the day. You've three stone off - congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Siobhan, I'm totally in the same boat, it's hard sometimes isnt it?
    i think i'll try and get a walk in before work in the morning, that will hopefully set me up good mentally for the day. You've three stone off - congrats.
    Thanks newtorunning suppose when I look at it like that its a bit better! Hopefully tomorrow will be a new start....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Not having a very good time lately with weight watchers have put on weight the last two weeks (3lb in two weeks) haven't seemed to be able to get back into tracking after I got my third stone which I was waiting for. No exercise either (thats pure laziness) any ideas how to get back onto the weight watchers saddle??

First thing I would say is force yourself out for a walk tomorrow, you will feel much better after it. Then I would say have a look online for some tasty recipes and plan a few of your days brekkies, lunch and dinner, leaving some points for snacks so you don't fall off the wagon. Thirdly, I would say start tracking again tomorrow, it is essential in this journey and really helps, even if you're bold one day, write it down because you learn from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Start afresh. Write out your shopping list with WW friendly items and stick to it. Plan out your 3 main meals the night before or even plan out your whole week. Then you know what points you have left over for snacks. Get some low point snacks such as WW yogurts or velvet crunch. Try and get in exercise whenever you have free time. Forget about the 2 weeks and think about what you have lost so far and what you can lose. Set out a mini goal for some time soon and work towards that. Good luck starting over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

so today I signed up for the 5k run with Ray D'arcy :eek: what have I done lol. Im actually kind of looking forward to it. starting wk 3 of couch to 5k next wk so hopefully I will be able for it. My sister in law is going to do it with me so I'm delighted with that :) its on the 4th of April so have to work really hard for the next few weeks. It should keep me on track anyway food wise for the next few wks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

As I mentioned earlier, I gathered some of the PP receipes from this thread nto a spreadsheet for myself and tought i would share ...

a few proviso's(?) ...

I took the point count and other detail directly from the posts on here
    It needs excel 07 to show all funtionality(ie colour bars to show points total ratio on receipes)
    Click on the name of the receipe on the index page, this will get you to the receipe

I took the receipes that were pointed( did leave some out at the start as it was intended for me and didnt like some of the foods, but as I went on I took most of them)

see below for the files

• Advertisement

see spreadsheets attached -

receipes.xlsx for excel2007
    receipes.xls for excel2003

just to clarify, all the praise should go to people that have posted these receipes, i merely gathered them, the deserve the thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Cadyboo wrote: »
    How many points are in the Hodgins ones?? Has anyone seen them back in stock yet?

der also 1pp each:D...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

wow that is insanely impressive! thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Oh my God....you are actually a complete legend!
    I was about to start a similar thing with all the recepies and now I don't have to!Thank you so much!

Just some stuff I have PP'd sofar for my wife and I:

points list.xls -> excel 2003
    points list.xlsx -> excel2007

both should print out on 2 pages if you set it to 1 wide 2 tall when printing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

just to clarify, all the praise should go to people that have posted these receipes, i merely gathered them, the deserve the thanks

that's class thanks!

oh god....i think its going to be one of THOSE weeks....been to the fridge twice since dinner already :( I'm not even hungry....i just WANT to eat...i'm prob just trying to make excuses to get away from study...even for only 2 minutes....going to be a long fat week!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh god....i think its going to be one of THOSE weeks....been to the fridge twice since dinner already :( I'm not even hungry....i just WANT to eat...i'm prob just trying to make excuses to get away from study...even for only 2 minutes....going to be a long fat week!

close the fridge ... unless that where you keep the apples :)

I find since I started WW i'm eating a ton of apples, grapes, oranges, ...

I do have one advantagee ... I gave up chocolate 18months ago as a bet so thats one less tempter

I suppose if you do go a bit mad tonight, write off the day and back on the wagon tomorrow morning - after a long walk

close the fridge ... unless that where you keep the apples :)

I find since I started WW i'm eating a ton of apples, grapes, oranges, ...

I do have one advantagee ... I gave up chocolate 18months ago as a bet so thats one less tempter

I suppose if you do go a bit mad tonight, write off the day and back on the wagon tomorrow morning - after a long walk

I'm in exams all this week...starting first thing tomorrow morning...its stress eating! Brarely have time to wash my hair let alone go for a walk...

no chocolate in the house...but its bread....not even toasted....bread and flora light with black pepper....yes im very weird i know!

christ these are the pre's....what the hell am i going to be like in six week time doing the real things....cant wait to be finished college for the summer!

I leave a punnet of grapes open in the kitchen, i find it does help as then i tend not to sway towards the presses or fridge? ?

• Advertisement

no not weird at all, I understand the bread thing, my dinner (the nights there was no cooked dinner) used to be ...

3 sandwiches, each made of 2 slices, butter on both sides, cheese, salami and relish( or simular filling) ... on the weekends my lunches used to be the same size :eek:

anyway, back to you .... any fruit in the house? I'm fairly new at this advise crack so might suck a little(lot) at it!

no not weird at all, I understand the bread thing, my dinner (the nights there was no cooked dinner) used to be ...

3 sandwiches, each made of 2 slices, butter on both sides, cheese, salami and relish( or simular filling) ... on the weekends my lunches used to be the same size :eek:

anyway, back to you .... any fruit in the house? I'm fairly new at this advise crack so might suck a little(lot) at it!

not into fruit at all...i did have a stewed apple earlier on as kinda a 0pt dessert after dinner....takes like half an hour to make LMAO

what i might do tomorrow is stick 2 or 3 in the oven when the mother is cooking her own dinner....maybe i can microwave them later on then....0pt tummy night time filler.

dont know what im more concerned about....gaining weight this week...for flunking these pre's that aren't even worth the paper there written on....Oi!

night all! Thanks again for the spread sheets

dont worried bout pre's they always make them harder than the real thing anyway ...... you will prob know most of the material anyway already without the study, study ust tops up that you soaked up during the year.

no prob on the xls'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Oh god I feel like I've eaten my body weight with rubbish tonight, don't know what is wrong with me. On the plus side I tracked it all, and yes I'm well over my 29 dailies,and have used a fair bit of my weeklys. Before I wouldn't have bothered tracking it, and would have wrote the rest of my ww week off, so that is a good thing I suppose. I actually put myself to bed before I ate more or killed my other half! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just caught up on the weekends postings. Firstly, thanks so much for the spreadsheets - brilliant job. Having read how last night some of you were talking about how you are in your 20s & trying to lose the weight & hopefully meet someone - well it worked for me. I lost 6 stone in my mid 20s, met my husband when I was 29 & still happily married for nearly 11 yrs. And I kept the weight off - until I got pregnant. Still trying to lose the pregnancy weight from my last - and she's 4!

I had quite a good weekend. My friend came to stay with her 2 kids. She has just got to her goal weight this week, so we were both being good - it's so much easier when you have someone on the same wavelength! So with all the housework I did beforehand & then all the entertaining & walking I did this weekend, hopefully there is a good result at WI on Tues morning. Hope everyone else is doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

i ate a whole bar of Galaxy Caramel - a big bar.

I have one of these in my fridge too :( My sister bought it for me for minding my niece when she went away (She doesn't know I'm on WW). I've pointed it at 16pp (1pp per piece), does that sound right to everyone? I'm afraid to open it because if I do, I won't be able to stop :o and I really want to get my stone this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi all :)

So a good weekend WW wise! Stuck to my points on Saturday & dipped into about 18 weeklies for JD & Diet coke & some wine. Paced myself & did have lots of water as well so managed to not die of a hangover yesterday & reach for the sugary, salty greasy goodness you crave in those situations!

Did very little yesterday but did tear myself off the sofa for a good hour of power walking & rewarded myself last night with a tangle twister & a bag of those new M&S salt & vinegar mini rice cakes which are so nice & the 22g bag is only 2pp :) all within my dailies which was great.

Best of look with the pres Lainey hope all goes well:)

& everyone else good look with the weigh ins :D

Do peops find that drinking the 2Ltr of water daily makes a big difference to loosing weight? or is it a nice to do to clean the system kinda?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Just caught up with all the posts... god this thread moves so fast! Thank you so much for the excel spreadsheets... they are brilliant! This thread is just amazing... it keeps me so motivated and even though I dont post that often I always keep up with all the posts, it really helps to hear how everyone is getting on and is better than any WW meeting!

I am delighted this morning, I am down 4.75lbs!!! :eek: Thats my biggest loss ever since joining WW! :eek: Cant believe it! I was so close to giving up not so long ago cos have had a really tough few weeks with personal things but am thrilled I stuck with it! I tracked everything this week, did loads of exercise and drank loads of water, used all my dailies, about 3/4 of my weeklies (mostly on alcohol at the weekend) and didnt use any activity points... Feeling great... heres to another good week hopefully! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

That's brilliant news pixiegirl well done to you! I'm absolutely thrilled for you & such a big loss makes you even more determined to stick at it again this week :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement