Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    Yep this is a huge fight for Ben, It oculd make or break him as a real coach,
    Just on Fury warm up they where pretty poor but Pianeta is the type of guy Wilder has fought 95 %  of the time in his pro fights

Yes, that is true, Fury's opposition has been very poor for most his career...

The point that is more specific is not so much who he is fighting, but how he is performing in the fights...

His last two showed a real lethargic and ponderous looking Fury. I have seen him far sharper.
    100% Wilder deals with guys in a more devastating way , but Fury always  does enough to win and always has every time he has stepped up he does enough , He done it at every single level Irish, English , European , International and then World title, He so far has always found a way to win
    Again obviously Wilder is fav with his one shot power but if Fury is anywhere near fit he can cause him trouble, Really looking forward to it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    100% Wilder deals with guys in a more devastating way , but Fury always  does enough to win and always has every time he has stepped up he does enough , He done it at every single level Irish, English , European , International and then World title, He so far has always found a way to win
    Again obviously Wilder is fav with his one shot power but if Fury is anywhere near fit he can cause him trouble, Really looking forward to it ,

Are you focusing on his 2015 and pre 2015 fights here?

What about now and very recently? You reckon he is near that shape and will be better in 8 weeks' time?

Draw

Are you focusing on his 2015 and pre 2015 fights here?

What about now and very recently? You reckon he is near that shape and will be better in 8 weeks' time?
    In todays shape he can cause Wilder problems,would it be better if he was in better shape Yes of course it would ,
    Its quite strange cause today before camp starts Tyson is in better shape than the two guys who cost Wilder the most problems,
    Ortiz is an out of shape  48 yearold and Stiverne is in horrible shape and 6'2 and went 12 rounds with him , I know he mashed him the second fight but Stiveren was diagnosed with rhabdomyolyses out of the ring for 2 years, It was just about the cash ,
    With all that said you could be in the shape of your life and Wilder could KO  you in 1 round, so its a very interesting fight ,

Wilder Points
    In todays shape he can cause Wilder problems,would it be better if he was in better shape Yes of course it would ,
    Its quite strange cause today before camp starts Tyson is in better shape than the two guys who cost Wilder the most problems,
    Ortiz is an out of shape  48 yearold and Stiverne is in horrible shape and 6'2 and went 12 rounds with him , I know he mashed him the second fight but Stiveren was diagnosed with rhabdomyolyses out of the ring for 2 years, It was just about the cash ,
    With all that said you could be in the shape of your life and Wilder could KO  you in 1 round, so its a very interesting fight ,

Good points.

What I am struggling to get my head around is how some think a points win will be somewhat easy....

I like to break down fighters. What does Fury need to do for a points win?

People seem to think it's as simple as throwing pissy jabs all night, as if Wilder is so bad that he simply cannot get past this, or even box with and be competitive with Fury from mid to long range...

Draw
    My opinion if it goes 12 Fury wins , unless of course its a case of Fury being knocked down multiple times and surveying 12,
    Fury is just a better boxer than Wilder, he understand range and movement ,basically does the lot better than Wilder ,
    The one issues is Wilder can land at anytime and KO you ,

I also think Wilder strength is his weakness , the higher up he has gone in terms of quality of opponent the more patient he has got but he still waits to land the right hand , He will let a lot of rounds slip by just waiting to get the right hand off against top guys,

He got away with it v Ortiz because he does the same thing he waits for a big shot, Fury is a total different style than he is used to but again Wilder's power and the fact it lasts deep into fights means he can win in any round if you miss one step boom its over,

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    We'll see, but as it stands nobody has ever outpointed him or been ahead on the cards with more than one judge in all his fights....

I am going to say that for no matter how long it goes you will absolutely not see Fury somehow clearly outpointing him...

Fury may be up on the cards, level on them or down, but he will not be clear..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Draw
    Apparently Fury was made take this fight by MTK ( twitter )

Would make sense - he is nowhere near ready

Draw
    We'll see, but as it stands nobody has ever outpointed him or been ahead on the cards with more than one judge in all his fights....

I am going to say that for no matter how long it goes you will absolutely not see Fury somehow clearly outpointing him...

Fury may be up on the cards, level on them or down, but he will not be clear..
    That's no surprise, you wont find many unbeaten fighter's who have been behind on the cards,
    Ortiz is the only decent fighter he ever fought ,he had just moved 1 round up on all cards when he ko'd him which is no surprise as Ortiz tired due to age,

I think if it goes to scorecards Fury wins but its a huge IF to get there with Wilder ,

Wilder Points
    That's no surprise, you wont find many unbeaten fighter's who have been behind on the cards,
    Ortiz is the only decent fighter he ever fought ,he had just moved 1 round up on all cards when he ko'd him which is no surprise as Ortiz tired due to age,

I think if it goes to scorecards Fury wins but its a huge IF to get there with Wilder ,

I reckon if Fury manages to last 12 it's due to him hugging and spoiling his way there, and in doing so losing a clear decision...

Draw

I reckon if Fury manages to last 12 it's due to him hugging and spoiling his way there, and in doing so losing a clear decision...
    Possible if Wilder hurts him ,

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Fury on Instagram breaking down how he beats Wilder, the swinging bum.....

Jab and jab for several rds, then the overhand right and then tires Wilder in the late rds...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Not sure why Fury is talking about knocking Wilder 'spark out'. In my head I can see Wilder knocking him out. Fury doesn't really knock out his opponents, he wears them down over several rounds. Also Fury talking a lot about Wilder beating a load of bums. Fury has beaten his fair share of them as well. Excluding klitschko. At the same time the first decent opposition Wilder stepped up against ie; Ortiz he nearly lost.

Fury on points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Draw
    Ha ha of course he's going to talk about "knocking him spark out". He's hyping the fight and keeping with his persona, he's not going to put out a video saying "I'm going to jab and spoil and run away and clinch him for a boring decision" in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Wilder Points
    Fury 2015 would lose this fight... Fury 2018 gets absolutely hammered..... think we shall be seeing a shoulder injury in the next 5 weeks to see this fight postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wilder Points
    The vote at the moment is 19 to 18 in Wilder's favour but all 19 votes are for a ko (I voted this way myself).
    Surely if Wilder is following Fury around the ring all night and being the aggressor he will get the American judges decision ?
    As I said I voted for a KO but surprised a few haven't gone for Wilder on points.

Wilder Points
    I think Wilder wins any way.....Fury will unlikely survive, but if he does he will lose a clear decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    The vote at the moment is 19 to 18 in Wilder's favour but all 19 votes are for a ko (I voted this way myself).
    Surely if Wilder is following Fury around the ring all night and being the aggressor he will get the American judges decision ?
    As I said I voted for a KO but surprised a few haven't gone for Wilder on points.

I think most are predicting how they see the fight itself playing out more than how the judges may see it. People said Fury wouldn't get it on the cards against Wlad in Germany too tbf.

We've seen Wilder have great difficulty figuring out southpaws like Szpilka and Ortiz before. I think as long as Fury doesn't get dropped/buzzed he's very likely to sweep the early rounds. He'll be switching in and out of southpaw making Wilder tentative, confused and gun-shy. This is a fight that more than likely catches fire late when Wilder starts to get more comfortable in there/he's forced to get more aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    I think most are predicting how they see the fight itself playing out more than how the judges may see it. People said Fury wouldn't get it on the cards against Wlad in Germany too tbf.

We've seen Wilder have great difficulty figuring out southpaws like Szpilka and Ortiz before. I think as long as Fury doesn't get dropped/buzzed he's very likely to sweep the early rounds. He'll be switching in and out of southpaw making Wilder tentative, confused and gun-shy. This is a fight that more than likely catches fire late when Wilder starts to get more comfortable in there/he's forced to get more aggressive.

Yeah, I just don't see Wilder being as tentative as Klitcshko was and Fury doesn't hit that hard to make Wilder nervous either.
    Also, big question over Fury's fitness, can he move that big frame around enough for 12 rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    Yeah, I just don't see Wilder being as tentative as Klitcshko was and Fury doesn't hit that hard to make Wilder nervous either.
    Also, big question over Fury's fitness, can he move that big frame around enough for 12 rounds?

Wilder to me fights like a guy who doesn't have much faith in his chin. Very upright and tentative. I'd be surprised if he starts the fight aggressive tbh. Ortiz had him very hesitant through the use of feints and the left hand counter. Wilder hardly threw a jab in that fight he was so worried about what would come back. Had Ortiz sweeping the first four rounds personally until Wilder landed a straight shot in the 5th and things flipped.

I do think Wilder will take the risk that Wlad couldn't though and throw caution to the wind late knowing he's behind on the cards. Could be a classic finish to this I think especially if Fury is tired which he more than likely will be given its only his 3rd fight back.

This is a great fight. Big question marks over both for different reasons. Really looking forward to it.

Wilder Points

I do think Wilder will take the risk that Wlad couldn't though and throw caution to the wind late knowing he's behind on the cards.

I don't think Wilder will wait that long.

If we get rds here, expect them to be scrappy and awkward and very difficult to score as regards clean punching.

• Advertisement

Draw
    Very interesting fight as so many question Marks about both guys ,
    Is Fury fit , Is he as good as he thinks, Was the Wlad fight a one off or is he world class, Is Ben a good trainer, Is Fury in it for Cash or Legacy , Can he make Wilder miss , Does he hit hard enough to gain Wilder respect
    Can Wilder make the set up. Can he out box fury, Can he deal with a proper big fight attention , Can he deal with a guy who clearly isn't afraid of him ,How does he deal with a bigger man , How does his chin fair ,
    Its going be great to see it unfold, Fury clearly got under Wilders skin ,
    I think Fury is clearly a bit of a head case so its near impossible for anyone to get into his head ,
    Wilder was claiming Fury looked nervous but it was the other way Fury was just taking the p*ss enjoying himself ( it was cringe ) and he got to Wilder ,

Wilder Points
    Reports matchroom have upped their offer to Wilder for a clash with AJ....
    Might be more games being played as Eddie Hearn reckons Wilders team won't meet with them even though there's an updated offer on the table.... Wilder wants Fury first as a tune-up perhaps?

Draw
    Reports matchroom have upped their offer to Wilder for a clash with AJ....
    Might be more games being played as Eddie Hearn reckons Wilders team won't meet with them even though there's an updated offer on the table.... Wilder wants Fury first as a tune-up perhaps?
    If Fury wins what happens , cause he won't fight AJ unless its 50/50 and he will go on about Aj being a coward and him doing the dirty work

Wilder Points
    Is Fury fit , Is he as good as he thinks, Was the Wlad fight a one off or is he world class, Is Ben a good trainer, Is Fury in it for Cash or Legacy , Can he make Wilder miss , Does he hit hard enough to gain Wilder respect
    Can Wilder make the set up. Can he out box fury, Can he deal with a proper big fight attention , Can he deal with a guy who clearly isn't afraid of him ,How does he deal with a bigger man , How does his chin fair ,
    I think Fury is clearly a bit of a head case so its near impossible for anyone to get into his head ,
    Wilder was claiming Fury looked nervous but it was the other way Fury was just taking the p*ss enjoying himself ( it was cringe ) and he got to Wilder ,

All good questions..

I have a sneaky feeling all the Fury fans and apologists will claim that he wasn't fit or ready even if he is knocked out in a rd or 2.

Draw

All good questions..

I have a sneaky feeling all the Fury fans and apologists will claim that he wasn't fit or ready even if he is knocked out in a rd or 2.
    To be fair I think everyone and there dog knows he's taking the fight earlier than anyone expected and won't be in "WLAD SHAPE"  until next summer ,
    Its his choice so you can't really knock him ,

Wilder Points
    To be fair I think everyone and there dog knows he's taking the fight earlier than anyone expected and won't be in "WLAD SHAPE"  until next summer ,

You are assuming a lot there....

I am going to a assume that he never gets into Wlad shape...unless maybe he goes on the juice again?

Anyway, the excuses are ready...

Draw

You are assuming a lot there....

I am going to a assume that he never gets into Wlad shape...unless maybe he goes on the juice again?

Anyway, the excuses are ready...

I don't think its an assumption its quite clear he isn't back In the shape he was before he walked away,
    He has no excuses he took the fight, I don't understand the mentality of people making excuses for him, why would they its his life .,
    I'm never invested in a boxer outside of a friend or family, I just want to see a good fight and the better man win , We can talk about what we think may happen and each's strengths and weakness but I don't understand why anyone would have to make excuses for a another man losing a boxing fight that they are not connected to ,

Wilder Points
    I don't think its an assumption its quite clear he isn't back In the shape he was before he walked away, ,

The assumption I was getting at was more that he will be back in Wald shape next summer....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    Wilder to me fights like a guy who doesn't have much faith in his chin. Very upright and tentative. I'd be surprised if he starts the fight aggressive tbh. Ortiz had him very hesitant through the use of feints and the left hand counter. Wilder hardly threw a jab in that fight he was so worried about what would come back. Had Ortiz sweeping the first four rounds personally until Wilder landed a straight shot in the 5th and things flipped.

I do think Wilder will take the risk that Wlad couldn't though and throw caution to the wind late knowing he's behind on the cards. Could be a classic finish to this I think especially if Fury is tired which he more than likely will be given its only his 3rd fight back.

This is a great fight. Big question marks over both for different reasons. Really looking forward to it.

Good post.

Mainly because you must have seen some of Wilder's fights! Some of the posts here have me thinking these fellas have actually never seen a full Wilder fight! He is ultra-cautious in the early rounds! Surely people can't possibly miss that?

The pace of his fights are usually slow, because he is afraid of getting hit and the opposition are usually more cautious than normal due to Wilder's power. Because of this his fights are usually dull affairs besides the finish. I fully expect this to be a dull repeat of the Fury / Klitchko fight with Fury's feints and jab completely bamboozling Wilder.

Hopefully, the judges will reflect what happens in the ring. It is an American in America versus a non-American....

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Fury has been given 7 days to sign up to the WBC "clean boxing" program (out of competition drug testing) or the fight with Wilder.... which they have not yet sanctioned...will not go ahead

Advertisement