Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

• 02-10-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭

image002.0.jpg?fit=758%2C505&ssl=1

Really not confident about choosing a winner in this one. I'd take prime Fury with confidence but it might be a bit soon for this version. Sitting on the fence for now. 

Can see the build up becoming a bit tiring but I can live with it when the fight is as good as this one. Circus started yesterday with the first press conference in London.

Who Wins and How 270 votes

Wilder KO
    0%
    Wilder Points
    32%
    loyatemuHealioRodVelvetDoctorEdgeWildTony H~Rebel~walshbDanny2580liamoreillyxtal191colly10nacho libredjhaxmanThe Davestatortom1iedibs101CCRfunkey_monkeyIndestructableShorty69664 88 votes
    Fury KO
    5%
    bassyMr.Nice GuyWickerman1Deeper Bluetrevdaheadbennyl10tipptomebbsyjobeenfitzeldamoLiamaloneBobC88marieholmfanSheridan81engiweirdoMick Shipman 16 votes
    Fury Points
    15%
    Samuri SuicidebeansTheBigEviljap gtGonzovision[Deleted User]ardinnredarmy0ph0rce0simons104inajocksplashthecashBowlardoArdennes1944VW 1thelibertyboyhow.garethunplayableikeano29italodisco 42 votes
    Draw
    45%
    Dont be at yourselfDempseyBigConTCP/IPweemcdBig EarsRobxxx7FTA69[Deleted User]sham69ChrisMmegadodgebig darFrank BullittPaddy@CIRLmirwillbebackTheMilkyPiraterazor12345jolterDancor 124 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,579 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Very choreographed all this...

I just hope the fight is real...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    Very choreographed all this...

I just hope the fight is real...
    Course the fight will be real , why wouldn't it bizarre thing to say ,
    Great to see top guys get in with each other, Going to be very very interesting fight to watch,
    Wilder trying to land that right hand and Fury trying to frustrate him,
    Fury is no mug he will try to get Wilder emotional involved , a patient Wilder is the most dangerous one Fury can fight he knows that, He will want Wilder telegraphing the right hands easiest way for that to happen is get him angry ,

Wilder Points
    Nothing in pro boxing and big money and big promotion is bizarre....

There has just been something about their "animosity" that doesn't add up.....

Draw
    Nothing in pro boxing and big money and big promotion is bizarre....

There has just been something about their "animosity" that doesn't add up.....
    Never seen you with the worry for one of AJ's fights ?
    Maybe the like each other as people and are trying to sell a fight , hardly the first or last time that will happen in the fight game, 
    Wilder said himself yesterday its nice to work with a fighter that is flexible about things and if there are issue you can call and chat about them, I don't think they dislike each other at all ,

Wilder Points
    Well, so far none of AJs fights and build ups have had me wondering/thinking...

None of Fury's or Wilder's previous fights had me thinking or wondering either.

This one? Something just a bit odd about it all....just a feeling.

Will it be a full on committal from both, or a bit of an arranged spar/dance?....

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Maybe the like each other as people and are trying to sell a fight , hardly the first or last time that will happen in the fight game, 
    Wilder said himself yesterday its nice to work with a fighter that is flexible about things and if there are issue you can call and chat about them, I don't think they dislike each other at all ,

But they are not acting as if they like each other.......it's kind of staged/forced animosity. I know, I know, this happens from time to time.....just a feeling is all.

Draw
    Well, so far none of AJs fights and build ups have had me wondering/thinking...

None of Fury's or Wilder's previous fights had me thinking or wondering either.

This one? Something just a bit odd about it all....just a feeling.

Will it be a full on committal from both, or a bit of an arranged spar/dance?....

Why on gods name would either of them not want to win ?
    Wilder is the hardest hitter in boxing no chance you can play with that you'll end up in hospital, Plus no chance Wilder give's Fury the win and the money fight v AJ is gone
    Its a fight and a massive one , just cause its Furyand not AJ your already trying to talk it down into some kinda circus ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    There'll be shades of McGregor - Mayweather in the promotion of this without a doubt. Two guys who have no beef with each other forcing it a bit in order to help make it sell.

Doesn't bother me at all though in this instance tbh. It's a genuinely great fight. Both deserve a big pay day for taking such a massive risk when they didn't have to.

Fury deserves far more credit than he's getting for even taking this fight coming off two piss poor tune ups too. Absolutely no pressure on him to jump into a big fight straight away but the opportunity was there and he took it. Fair play to him, taking the riskiest fight possible.

Wilder Points
    Why on gods name would either of them not want to win ?
    Wilder is the hardest hitter in boxing no chance you can play with that you'll end up in hospital, Plus no chance Wilder give's Fury the win and the money fight v AJ is gone
    Its a fight and a massive one , just cause its Furyand not AJ your already trying to talk it down into some kinda circus ,

Keep your knickers on...like I said it’s just a feeling as regards this particular fight.

Get over your AJ infatuation...

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »

Fury deserves far more credit than he's getting for even taking this fight coming off two piss poor tune ups too. Absolutely no pressure on him to jump into a big fight straight away but the opportunity was there and he took it. Fair play to him, taking the riskiest fight possible.

Do you think that he may feel that this is as good as he’ll get? So kind of pressured into big money now? He looked dreadful in his comebacks...

The three years off and the drugs and all that may have really ruined any hope of Fury being at the 2015 level..

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    I know he has to sell himself but listening to Fury in NY today saying how he’s never been better, never been as fast or explosive is utter bull..he musn’t have watched back the last two fights..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    There'll be shades of McGregor - Mayweather in the promotion of this without a doubt. Two guys who have no beef with each other forcing it a bit in order to help make it sell.

Doesn't bother me at all though in this instance tbh. It's a genuinely great fight. Both deserve a big pay day for taking such a massive risk when they didn't have to.

Very good point regarding giving kudo's to Fury for taking the fight, wish more fighters took risks these days. He has looked terrible as you say. Hope the plan is not to stink out the joint but what other way can he do it?

Wilder is no master boxer but what he does have is a big arm span and he has decent hand speed so Fury will have to dodge all night. We all know Wilder has that big overhand right but he also has a good whipping left hook that may surprise Fury.

I think Wilder should also go to the body to give Fury something to think about and Fury must come in very fit as Wilder doesn't tire too badly and is always in shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    Do you think that he may feel that this is as good as he’ll get? So kind of pressured into big money now? He looked dreadful in his comebacks...

The three years off and the drugs and all that may have really ruined any hope of Fury being at the 2015 level..

Hes definitely getting his best career pay day but I'd still imagine if he was purely cashing out then he'd do it in the biggest money fight possible ie Joshua. Instead he's going to the States to fight a guy who couldn't sell out Barclays in his last fight and has never appeared on PPV. Don't think this can be spun in any way other than Fury being ballsy as **** and backing himself. Think he genuinely sees weaknesses in Wilder (which we all can to be fair) and thinks it's a fight he'll win.

Wilder Points
    Can we arrange the poll so we see how people have voted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Southwest Alaska

Wilder Points
    The supposedly 6 foot 9 Fury looks a shade shorter than the 6 foot 7 Wilder.

Draw
    I think Fury wins this if he can show his old form. The guy beat Klitschko without getting knocked down and toyed with for several rounds.

Wilder is a bit overated IMO. And Fury always written off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw

People were saying the same with the Wlad presser but Fury looked way taller in the Ring.
    Wilder probably was wearing some sort of elevated/thick soled shoes.

Wilder Points

Depends what angles...

I saw some where they looked same height and some where Fury looked an inch or two taller..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Draw
    Watched Wilder's last fight v Ortiz I think... Looked very average, outboxed waiting for the big shot which came. Fury at 75% of 2015 form will jab away all night. If he's regained some power he'll sap the energy from Wilder too. It's where Ortiz fell down.

Hoping the fury comeback really takes off from here. Think he'll win, he's a bit like Billy Joe Saunders in that he often looks average and only does enough against the bums, but is at the races for the big nights. His shape come fight night will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Draw
    Fury is the greatest heavyweight of all time and will win this fight handily, I've seen it in a vision. He's 6/4 too for the straight win.

If the layoff hasn't affected him too much I think he'll do the business. And he'll sing us a lovely song afterward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Draw
    Prime Tyson (aka 2015 Fury) wins this on points easily. Its whether or not he still has it. Of course Wilder has dynamite fists so if he connects its lights out. Fascinating watch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wilder Points
    Fairly cringy stuff all round tbh, most annoying person is actually the moderater/host/presenter/whatever the **** that annoying fella is.

My simplistic take of the fight, Fury tries to avoid and box on the outside/spoil as much as he can. He will fail though, he won't manage to avoid Wilder. Wilder is too wild for want of a better word and I don't believe Fury has anything to back him up. At some point one of his ugly windmill punches will land and that will be all she wrote for Fury.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

Wilder Points
    ...Really good to see this fight happening, 2 out of the big 3 so it'll be an event for sure...I hope Fury hasn't taken this fight too soon, and that he has shaken off th4 cobwebs...
    ...Already been a few posts here and in the heavyweight thread saying 2015 Fury wins this easily...That may or may not be true, but it's the 2018 Fury that is fight the 2018 Wilder... If fury wins then it'll be a great result considering the last 3 years, but if as I expect Wilder wins, I hope there isn't any "2015 Fury would have beaten him tonight"...

Wilder Points
    Prime Tyson (aka 2015 Fury) wins this on points easily. Its whether or not he still has it. Of course Wilder has dynamite fists so if he connects its lights out. Fascinating watch.

What about 2015.....if Wilder connected then would it be lights out?

Just cannot get behind this take that Fury wins "easily".....

How does he win easily? Look at his career and who he has fought....

Even Wlad. Nothing easy there. Both dreadful and a dreadful display of boxing. Wlad being ridiculously cautious...

The way some talk about Fury you'd swear he was the greatest fighter that ever lived. Even in his prime he was caught, hurt and dropped by journeymen......made hard work of some of them

Yet he beats a 6 feet 7 inch KO artist easily...

Wilder Points
    pac_man wrote: »
    The poll is public so you should be able to see how people have voted. Can you see it now?

Yes, sorry. I didn't think to click on the figures in the poll

Thanks.

Draw
    All depends how fit Fury is, I think Fury 2015 wins handy , Also a big issue for Fury may be his coach, Ben isn't in the same world as Peter,
    Of course Wilder can KO him he can KO anyone but Fury is right Wilder has not fought anyone,
    Ortiz is the only decent heavy weigh he has ever fought and he got put on his bum and struggled badly against a very old Ortiz,  I really rate Ortiz but he is just to old to keep up with the younger men late in fights,
    Props to both men for taking the fight and its a hard one to call and really looking forward to it,

Draw
    I can never understand anyone talking down Fury win v Wlad
    He beat the very very best at the time who was unbeaten in 10 years in his own back yard, So what if he didn't do it in a style to please some people, He had a job to do an he done it,  Wlad was scared  stiff of him and Tyson won fairly handy in the end didn't one judge have it 116-111 job done others 115-112 ,That was in Germany no one came close to that before him ,
    Also Wilder he has fought one live fight in  Ortiz and struggled .
    In my opinion Fury has fought 3 guys at Ortiz Level or above Hammer, Chisora and Wlad and beat them all easy enough ,
    I know Ortiz is more skilled than Hammer or Chisora but lets not forget Ortiz is about 50 years old so he tire's badly if you get him into the second part of a fight, So I think in terms of a fight difficulty he's level with them
    I think props should be given to both men for taking the fight, its going to be very interesting,
    My prediction is 65% Wilder KO or  35 % Fury on the cards , Wilder with the advantage as he still holds power late on so Fury will need to hurt him to take him the full 12 ,

Draw
    Is Fury going to get a fair deal if this goes to the scorecards? Negative style, and non-american fighter, I think it's a uphill struggle.

I just can't accept that after two Mickey mouse warm ups and a trainer that's on work experience, that Tyson will be the same fighter from a few years ago. I don't rate Wilder but i'd have to go with him on this current version of Fury.
    Yep this is a huge fight for Ben, It oculd make or break him as a real coach,
    Just on Fury warm up they where pretty poor but Pianeta is the type of guy Wilder has fought 95 %  of the time in his pro fights

Draw
    Is Fury going to get a fair deal if this goes to the scorecards? Negative style, and non-american fighter, I think it's a uphill struggle.

I just can't accept that after two Mickey mouse warm ups and a trainer that's on work experience, that Tyson will be the same fighter from a few years ago. I don't rate Wilder but i'd have to go with him on this current version of Fury.
    Just on Fury warm up they where pretty poor but Pianeta is the type of guy Wilder has fought 95 %  of the time in his pro fights

• Advertisement

Wilder Points

Yes, that is true, Fury's opposition has been very poor for most his career...

The point that is more specific is not so much who he is fighting, but how he is performing in the fights...

His last two showed a real lethargic and ponderous looking Fury. I have seen him far sharper.

Advertisement