Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

• 21-07-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I thought I would set up this new thread for all of us going forward to stage 2.

Any questions/advice can be easily found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Mod please remove if not suitable.

Pre-interview course offered, based in Limerick near UL. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

Lmklad wrote: »

Tried to pm you, but don’t think it sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Lmklad wrote: »

Tried to pm you, but don’t think it sent.

Replied ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

How are we all feeling about stage 2.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I think if we did well on stage one we should be confident we can do well on stage two, as it's very similar. Obviously it doesn't always work like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Guys, you know in the email we received with our stage one results, at the end of the email it was saying that they will be in contact with regards to the time slots for stage two. Does that mean we will get to like pick our stage 2 time or does anybody have any idea?

lealor17 wrote: »
    Guys, you know in the email we received with our stage one results, at the end of the email it was saying that they will be in contact with regards to the time slots for stage two. Does that mean we will get to like pick our stage 2 time or does anybody have any idea?

Hi, you will get a message in your public jobs message board with the number you contact to book your assessment. And you will have to do it within a few days. When you ring I think you do get an option of a time, morning or afternoon sort of thing. But it's good to book it quick if you are after a certain time slot incase it gets booked up. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

vardy98 wrote: »
    Hi, you will get a message in your public jobs message board with the number you contact to book your assessment. And you will have to do it within a few days. When you ring I think you do get an option of a time, morning or afternoon sort of thing. But it's good to book it quick if you are after a certain time slot incase it gets booked up. Hope this helps.

Vardy98, do they pick a day for us based on our OOM, or is there some flexibility? Getting anxious about dates because I'm due to go abroad for a wedding in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Ah thats great. Thanks so much!

Vardy98, do they pick a day for us based on our OOM, or is there some flexibility? Getting anxious about dates because I'm due to go abroad for a wedding in August.[/quote]

I think you have a choice but I'm not 100% sure, I no you have a choice in the times, but maybe its different now. Sorry can't be of much help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

It is now open for booking. Dates between the 7th and 17th of August.you can pick which ever one as long as there is space so get booking what you’d prefer. There are 3 time slots to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Just made my booking there for the 7th at 11:30. Hopefully stage 2 goes well and stage 1 wasn't a fluke.

Gadaves wrote: »
    Just made my booking there for the 7th at 11:30. Hopefully stage 2 goes well and stage 1 wasn't a fluke.

Lol get practicing those tests so and you’ll be grand. As long as you know what your doing they will be okay I’d say.

How are we all feeling about stage 2.?

Stage 1 results has me excited but also nervous lol. I think stage 2 will be fine, it’s stage 3 I’d be worried about as I hate interviews!

leheaven wrote: »
    Stage 1 results has me excited but also nervous lol. I think stage 2 will be fine, it’s stage 3 I’d be worried about as I hate interviews!

not a fan of interviews myself, is it more of a formality to see you are a decent person or do many people fail the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paulmeaney

I'm trying to book the stage 2 but can't see the my bookings link in the menu. Any ideas where to find it?

not a fan of interviews myself, is it more of a formality to see you are a decent person or do many people fail the interview?

Think I read in a previous thread that the failure rate is 1 in 3.
    I think it's probably a lot of things. See how you present yourself, how you deal with a tough question, how well you prepared.
    I'm mostly worried about the interview, but only because I tend to babble when I'm nervous!

paulmeaney wrote: »
    I'm trying to book the stage 2 but can't see the my bookings link in the menu. Any ideas where to find it?

should be on the left hand side 3rd option down.

Think I read in a previous thread that the failure rate is 1 in 3.
    I think it's probably a lot of things. See how you present yourself, how you deal with a tough question, how well you prepared.
    I'm mostly worried about the interview, but only because I tend to babble when I'm nervous!

wow 1 in 3 seems high.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

The interviews definitely aren't just a formality. There will be a psychologist in the room observing your answers and body language, how you hold yourself under difficult questions. It's a compancey based interview that will look at your life experiences.
    The results are important but not the golden ticket into Templemore.

• Advertisement

kellbag91 wrote: »
    The interviews definitely aren't just a formality. There will be a psychologist in the room observing your answers and body language, how you hold yourself under difficult questions. It's a compancey based interview that will look at your life experiences.
    The results are important but not the golden ticket into Templemore.

:eek::eek: Now I'm much more nervous.

:eek::eek: Now I'm much more nervous.

Don't worry about it yet, you'll only borrow trouble! One stage at a time. ;)

Just booked mine for the 9th at 11! I'm never confident for anything but I feel we should all be for this as we are there based on are stage one results! Excited and nervous....

paulmeaney wrote: »

it should be before your messages

It’s competency based. So before the interview we will get some info so we can prepare. We have to show instances then of where we prove to be resilient or a leader (depending on what they give us, it’s the same for everyone) etc from our hobbies, volunteer experience work or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone here that is on the OOM waiting list ??

Koccy89 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone here that is on the OOM waiting list ??

What do you mean? Like outside the first 900?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Placed as number 1777, do I have any chance of getting to stage 2?

Job456 wrote: »
    Placed as number 1777, do I have any chance of getting to stage 2?

Did you pass all the tests though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

justshane wrote: »
    Did you pass all the tests though?

Yes I passed all of them, just unsure if I should do a prep course for stage 2 since I wasn't in the 900s

Advertisement