Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sony RX100 iii

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Great portable DSLR like compact.

At littlewoods using 20% LXJQU on credit account is EUR523
    You can pay off straightaway without using credit.

Sony giving cashback of EUR170 before

Camera cost in total EUR353

On Amazon reduced from £800 to £529 at moment OOS.

This the one you're talking about?
    https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx100-premium-digital-compact-camera/1600143871.prd?_requestid=30832&Ntt=sony%20rx100

Description says on €80 cash back, not €170 (maybe I need glasses :rolleyes:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nuno wrote: »
    This the one you're talking about?
    https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx100-premium-digital-compact-camera/1600143871.prd?_requestid=30832&Ntt=sony%20rx100

Description says on €80 cash back, not €170 (maybe I need glasses :rolleyes:)

That's the Mark I camera, not Mark III that the OP mentions... Big differences between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Nuno wrote: »

sorry yeah, doesnt find it easily on LW site. updated OP

For transparency there is £150 back on UK but its OOS on Amazon, 3rd party not allowed cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 binnox

Looks like a great deal. Set up a littlewoods account and discount coded accepted but order rejected. Phoned up and account needs to be cleared and it can take 2 days so hopefully still in stock when that all gets sorted.

Thanks for alert op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

Is there much of difference between the mk1 and the mk3...picture quality improvement? I know the latter has WiFi and the viewfinder that pops up

sugarman wrote: »
    Down to £374 on Amazon now with £150 cash back.

So just under €255!

bloody typical. i miss the amazon deal and then they lower it.
    ah well, delivery may not be for another month with amazon and i want it for trip away next week but yeah great deal got even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭spoongibbon

Think it says £75 cash back on the M3

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

There was probably mistake on Sony website as was last time. It's £75 or €85.

Download the cashback form and see what is there. Didn't say anything about €170. It happens the same to me last year website was saying €150 or something but only got the money from cashback form.

• Advertisement

Terms and condition..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Still good value at £374 with £75 off.

These are the best compact cameras around. I have a mk1 and it is fantastic, I've had it for years now and it still takes amazing shots. If you want the best possible camera that will still fit in your pocket, this is a good choice. The mk3 having a view finder is a big plus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

If you scroll a bit further you will see it confirms post above that for purchases between 20 Jun and 22 Jul it is €170 cash back
    454093.png

Just pulled the trigger on Amazon, with Irish vat it goes up to £389. Only thing is it says expected dispatch date 1-2 months

Thanks OP

Poochie05 wrote: »
    If you scroll a bit further you will see it confirms post above that for purchases between 20 Jun and 22 Jul it is €170 cash back
    454093.png

Just pulled the trigger on Amazon, with Irish vat it goes up to £389. Only thing is it says expected dispatch date 1-2 months

Thanks OP
    Saw that, how will the cashback work then?

It goes by your purchase date, but your amazon order wont process / take payment until the item is in stock so its cutting it fine.

You might get it before 22nd if its closer to the 1 month estimate with £150 cashback or else it'll only be £75.

But £75 off is still a great deal, and you can always cancel your order before it ships. So if you place an order now and it passes the 22nd, just cancel it for full refund if you only want to try get it at the cheapest price.

Yes, currently saying expected arrival between 26 July and 14 August. I am hoping it may become available before then, but as you say, I can always cancel if it hasn't despatched before 22nd, but I’m inclined to leave it as it's still a good deal with the £75 off.

thanks lads. Anyone else ordering, use Parcel motel and you will save £10

Amazon invoice states Ordered date so if its in that range you are fine for the cashback. You have to wait 30 days to claim

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭S'

My order has been cancelled by Amazon:confused:

"From time to time, items sold and dispatched by Amazon become unavailable and we’re unable to source them"

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭spoongibbon

S' wrote: »

"From time to time, items sold and dispatched by Amazon become unavailable and we’re unable to source them"

Mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

These are the best compact cameras around. I have a mk1 and it is fantastic, I've had it for years now and it still takes amazing shots. If you want the best possible camera that will still fit in your pocket, this is a good choice. The mk3 having a view finder is a big plus too.

Agreed, I've had the mk3 for a few years and it's a brilliant camera. No inclination to buy a replacement even now as it's as good as most things out there even now.

• Advertisement

S' wrote: »

Mine too, disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 36 binnox

Ordered thru littlewoods. Deposited 120 to account as you get 20% discount and with credit account get 400. Deposit was so I could buy camera at 500 after 20% discount. Probably could have just deposited full amount. As I said in earlier post had bother getting discount after first order rejected and discount would not automatically apply to second order. Called up and got sorted and shipping notification yesterday and should arrive tomorrow. Then the fun getting the Sony 170 rebate begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

My Amazon order hasn't been cancelled, still showing delivery 27 July - 27 August. Maybe because I added other stuff to the order which has already been delivered. Fingers crossed it'll come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

An update, I received my camera yesterday. Great piece of kit, thanks op.

I am really curious if I will get the promised €170 rebate now, but even if not, £374 is a great price.

An update, I received my camera yesterday. Great piece of kit, thanks op.

I am really curious if I will get the promised €170 rebate now, but even if not, £374 is a great price.

I agree took mine away for a week and really impressed with quality.
    Tempted to take it to Grand Prix in September instead of DSLR but might miss focal length.

Have to wait 30 days to apply for rebate. Dont see any issues if youve ordered from one on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Have I missed the boat on this/the rebate, folks?

I ended up buying one from Littlewoods with the new credit account discount so got it for €500. Very impressed and planning on taking it on holiday. Thanks OP!
    I got a really useful guide to the camera on Amazon and have to say for someone like me who knows nothing about photography, it's a great little book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Photographers-Guide-Sony-DSC-RX100-III-ebook/dp/B00N325FIY

Will be putting in for the €170 rebate at the end of next week. My only concern is that I couldn't see Littlewoods on 'the list', even though on their website the said it was eligible so will be interested to hear how those of you who also bought on Littlewoods got on.
    All the same, a great camera and to be honest still good value at €500.

Have I missed the boat on this/the rebate, folks?

if you order before 22nd july then no you havent, seems to be same price and in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭S'

Picked up the RX100M4 on Primeday for £499 (reduced from £690). Hopefully get the cashback discount of £100
    i8tX4qr.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Getting the message: 'The promotion code LXJQU has expired'

Shame!

Advertisement