Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Not in Ireland.

I think I might buy one pay as you go on Vodafone just to try it out. 14 day returns. And if I like it I'll sell the U11.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I think I might buy one pay as you go on Vodafone just to try it out. 14 day returns. And if I like it I'll sell the U11.
    Just cancelled my amazon.de one and doing the same, couldn't be arsed waiting until June

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Most likely although first batches can be sim free

I'll chance my arm anyway. Was considering moving from 3 to Vodafone anyway.
    This may force my hand :)
    It's only in black though,white is lovely

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Was planning on getting the P20 lite but this phone intrigues me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Assuming that you get one that price, and it is locked to VF - what hoops have to be jumped through to get it unlocked i wonder ? I am not moving from a couple of very good value Meteor/Eir SIM only plans but want this phone. I will of course buy online if required but i would like to see it in the flesh before i do so am happy to buy from VF. 

Why will CarePhoneW not offer then SIM free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Could you not buy it off Vodafone then unlock it for a couple of quid?

rizzee wrote: »
    i guess so - but i have never actually done this - i have bought all my recent family phones Sim free.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was gonna buy a Nokia 6 from Three and do the same but I couldn't find an unlock code anywhere for the thing. I ended up spending a few quid extra and getting it from Amazon. It might be the same for this.

Yakult wrote: »
    Was planning on getting the P20 lite but this phone intrigues me...
    Got onto VF customer care and sales,and rang all VF shops in cork city,and carrigaline,same story,phones maybe in by Friday,and haven't got prices,or if the white version will be available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Dying to pick one up but I'm over in Spain on holidays and the Vodafone site won't let me proceed with the transaction.

Are these available in store or online only?

Got onto VF customer care and sales,and rang all VF shops in cork city,and carrigaline,same story,phones maybe in by Friday,and haven't got prices,or if the white version will be available

My local vodafone store is just terrible for stock, so I'm expecting this wont be in for another few weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

That Vodafone price is very tempting. Do Vodafone still print their logo on the back of all of their phones and install a load of their own stuff? After being SIM-free for so long, having stuff on my phone that I don't want would probably irritate me, but at the same time that's a very nice price...

That Vodafone price is very tempting. Do Vodafone still print their logo on the back of all of their phones and install a load of their own stuff? After being SIM-free for so long, having stuff on my phone that I don't want would probably irritate me, but at the same time that's a very nice price...

I don’t think so. They save that ****e for their own brand phones now-a-days.

Took the plunge anyway and ordered it from the VF website as the shop weren’t even aware they had this phone on the network. Not very informed!

Yakult wrote: »
    I don’t think so. They save that ****e for their own brand phones now-a-days. 

Took the plunge anyway and ordered it from the VF website as the shop weren’t even aware they had this phone on the network. Not very informed!

Any indication on delivery lead time ? The mobiles direct crowd in the UK have them - and they will be delivered in a   couple of days i guess - but i still want to handle one first. Mind you by the time i pontificate about it i could have ordered it and gotten it setup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

mx5ire wrote: »
    Any indication on delivery lead time ? The mobiles direct crowd in the UK have them - and they will be delivered in a   couple of days i guess - but i still want to handle one first. Mind you by the time i pontificate about it i could have ordered it and gotten it setup!

My order is now "due for dispatch" so should hopefully be available for pickup from my local VF store tomorrow.

breeno wrote: »
    Dying to pick one up but I'm over in Spain on holidays and the Vodafone site won't let me proceed with the transaction.

Are these available in store or online only?
    Yes until Friday I was told

My order is now "due for dispatch" so should hopefully be available for pickup from my local VF store tomorrow.
    That is quick - i would be really curious to hear if it is locked to vodafone and also branded vodafone and with their bloatware installed.

That is quick - i would be really curious to hear if it is locked to vodafone and also branded vodafone and with their bloatware installed.
    We're with VF so doesent matter,but in all honesty the white looks far far better

Will post when I try my 3 mobile SIM.

• Advertisement

Same as. All going well!

Will post when I try my 3 mobile SIM.

Thanks - also very keen to know this. I'm hovering over the 'Buy' button as it is, so if it's unlocked and not full of Vodafone bloatware, it's a no-brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

that's a great price. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the p20 lite now.

Just a tip - If you move to Vodafone then they're giving away free flights to a number of destinations in Europe too. Maybe that's an incentive to buy it from them :D
    May 2018

The terms and conditions under this heading relate to the promotional offer run by Vodafone which will be offered to customers, the “Free European Flight Offer when you switch to Vodafone Pay As You Go or Bill Pay. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services together with Sweete Ltd and form part of your contract with us. By deciding to avail of the Free European Flight Offer, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.

1. Free European Flight Offer is only available for customers who switch from another network to Vodafone Pay As You Go or Bill Pay or who switch from Vodafone Pay As You Go to Vodafone Bill Pay between the 1st of May and 30th of June. Offer excludes Lyca customers. Free flight voucher is available to those who top before 31 July 2018 or pay their bill before July 31 2018. Once customer has topped up or paid their bill by 31st July they can choose from a choice of 12 different European destinations including the following destinations in Europe: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London, Paris, Milan, Berlin, Oslo, Prague.

2. Customers who qualify for the free European flight will receive an SMS with their unique voucher code within a month from switching, topping up or paying their bill. The customer will be able to claim through Sweete (Sales Promotions Agency) landing page. All information on redemption will be outlined on email.
    3. Offer gives the redeemer a free return flight including airport taxes and charges Flights departures are from Dublin Airport. Other departure airports may be available at a supplement.
    4. This promotion is operated by Sweete Ltd. In conjunction with travel partner Platinum Travel, TA 0634. Under the terms of this offer, Sweete may not offer all flights direct from the departure airport to the listed destinations and non-direct flights may incur a supplement and/or a short stopover. The departure airport and routes available will depend on the destination, time of travel and airline used. The airline booked will be at the discretion of Sweete. All flights are subject to promotional availability. This promotion is operated by Sweete Ltd. In conjunction with travel partner Platinum Travel, TA 0634
    5. All additional passengers will be €99 flat fee per person plus any additional taxes and charges. A second passenger may travel to the same destination with the voucher holder for €99 per person return, plus airport taxes and any applicable handling fees. Any additional passengers will pay the standard airfare and taxes that apply at the time of booking.
    6. Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time and/or to vary or amend any element of the offer at any time without further notice.
    7. Vodafone reserves the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions for valid commercial, technical or operational reasons.
    8. Only one voucher can be used per customer.
    9. Vouchers cannot be used retrospectively, i.e. applied to flights already booked.
    10. Voucher is not exchangeable for cash and is non-refundable.
    11. There will be no reissue or reimbursement for any lost, void or expired voucher.
    12. Free European Flight Offer will expire on 30th June 2018 unless extended by Vodafone at Vodafone’s sole discretion.
    13. Once the voucher code has been validated whereby the customer has submitted their flight voucher code, flight destination and preferred travel dates they will be contacted within 14 days regarding their flight options, the customer has 6 months to travel after this. Vodafone will not be held responsible for cancelled or delayed flights.
    14. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, all conditions, terms, warranties and representations whether express or implied by law in relation to the provision of the Promotion are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
    15. By redeeming the Voucher, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
    16. This offer is separate to the Vodafone X free flight incentive for current Vodafone X customers. More information on this offer is available further down on this page.
    17. Once a customer has met all of the requirements to avail of the free flight (switched to Vodafone between May 1st - June 30th and have any additional queries in relation to your voucher code or flight offer please contact Sweete directly on 015545770.

Confirmation on the Vodafone forum that My Vodafone will be embedded.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057867471/1/#post106885588

Sure you can just disable it if you're getting it unlocked. Not a big deal?

Who gives a ****e about 1 app to access your account. Its not bloatware, pull your head out of 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

With Vodafone click and collect would it be likely that they have the phone already in store like an Argos type system? Or would ive to wait for it to be delivered to the store? Trying to figure out if I order for home delivery now would it be here on Friday or should I got click and collect?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    With Vodafone click and collect would it be likely that they have the phone already in store like an Argos type system? Or would ive to wait for it to be delivered to the store? Trying to figure out if I order for home delivery now would it be here on Friday or should I got click and collect?

I ordered yesterday morning for click & collect. My order status now reads "complete".
    I've not been informed whether the phone is available to be collected though.
    I'm gonna call in after work to see if it's arrived.

• Advertisement

Sure you can just disable it if you're getting it unlocked. Not a big deal?

Nope, definitely not - happy out that it's just the one. Decision made for me. Delighted I didn't pre-order it elsewhere now.

Advertisement