Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

When are the price increases taking effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Sound for the tips here! Signed up @17.99 TKR less than €3 p/m!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bastardos! ;)

Time to get moving to Turkey! I'll have to scroll back and see the work around for the mobile number. From what I recall it was a turkey flag in the intl code I couldn't change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Switched to turkey..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 djdwainec

Can you pay for the whole year up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

djdwainec wrote: »
    Can you pay for the whole year up front

No, don't really see why you would want to either.

What you could do, is buy a years worth of currency (Turkish Lira for example) on revolut, and the money will get taken from that specific currency automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Switched to turkey..thanks

How do you switch? Set up a whole account or can you move existing account with profiles to new home country?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

garion wrote: »
    How do you switch? Set up a whole account or can you move existing account with profiles to new home country?

You can switch your existing account. You'll need to cancel your current subscription first though, and wait until it expires before moving...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

This sounds too good to be true... ha.

Is it really that easy??

Davy05 wrote: »
    This sounds too good to be true... ha.

Is it really that easy??
    I would generally agree with you except this is a genuine bargain.
    The only pain is travel within EU as Turkey is not in EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

TheDriver wrote: »
    I would generally agree with you except this is a genuine bargain.
    The only pain is travel within EU as Turkey is not in EU.

Any reason why a Revolut won't work, i've added Turkish Lira, trying to set it up on a phone using a paid VPN.
    Get to the last page for payments and it refuses it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

The Mulk wrote: »
    Any reason why a Revolut won't work, i've added Turkish Lira, trying to set it up on a phone using a paid VPN.
    Get to the last page for payments and it refuses it

i'm using revolut and it is working, maybe you have online payment turned off in Revolut app?

you must also remove location based security in your revolut app.

5star02707 wrote: »
    i'm using revolut and it is working, maybe you have online payment turned off in Revolut app?

you must also remove location based security in your revolut app.

Tried that and still no joy, i'll restart the phone and clear caches and try again.
    It's annoying me now as i set up Deezer on it through Turkey too.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Keep trying with Revolut it’s a known problem as many have said here but it will go through eventually

I'll set up the laptop and try this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3 forspotify

Set up today

Using Zenvpn free
    Chrome browser on Mac with translate add on
    Revolut

Took 5 mins

Will save me €100 this year.

Thanks OP!

Got my email saying price increase. It auto renewed yesterday and price increase is from Aug renewal date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, tried through my phone first using the hola plus trial, it keeps giving me the something went wrong message when I put my revolut or even my normal debit card details in. I tried the hola extension on chrome in windows and got the card to go through but then it asks me for a Turkish mobile, when I turn the VPN off on that page it insta relogs to the Irish netflix login page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Figured it out mine wasn't working because my Irish payment method was PayPal which doesn't appear for the Turkish site and to add a new card required mobile verification.

My missus' account had her debit card attached and was able to edit her card for my revolut. All sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Just did it there and had the same issue with the mobile phone request then realized this was because I was trying to update the payment details to my revolut while renewing. Anyhow just renewed leaving the payment details as are and worked fine, I have since changed over to revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

What do you mean about travel in the Eu being a pain ?
    You can use Netflix anywhere

Maybe meaning some shows aren’t available in other countries. Recently was in Istanbul (funnily enough) and some of the shows I had downloaded to watch offline wouldn’t play due to licensing etc. It’s a pain but it is what it is.

• Advertisement

If you have an Irish sub, you can view your Irish listing in EU countries. If you have Turkish sub, you watch the list for that country e.g.spain. But vpn can sort that and it's no biggie unless you're abroad constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's not true. I have a Turkish subscription but I get the Irish content because I'm watching it here in Ireland and don't use a VPN. I was recently in the US and logged into Netflix using my account and got US content while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

I tried to register through hola but it won't accept my payment method which was visa Debit card. Any ideas how I could get around this.
    Do I need to allow GPS to be hidden as I was prompted to download another app for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Smart dns or VPN isn’t difficult to sort out
    I’m watching American Netflix most of the time

Isn't it? I tried using Netflix with a VPN but keep getting a location block as Netflix has detected that I'm using a VPN. Is there a workaround?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you’re getting confused
    Driver is saying if you go to Spain with the Turkish sub you get Spanish content and if you’re in Ireland with the Turkish sub you get Irish content
    You view the content of whatever country you’re in while using a Turkish sub

Gotcha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

coolbeans wrote:
    Isn't it? I tried using Netflix with a VPN but keep getting a location block as Netflix has detected that I'm using a VPN. Is there a workaround? Thanks

Depends on your VPN. Some work with Netflix, most do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

coolbeans wrote: »
    Isn't it? I tried using Netflix with a VPN but keep getting a location block as Netflix has detected that I'm using a VPN. Is there a workaround?
    Thanks

Use San Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Smart dns never lets me down

I couldn't get smart dns working for anything. Doesn't seem to work for me on my phone or TV. Is there a guide that is reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I couldn't get smart dns working for anything. Doesn't seem to work for me on my phone or TV. Is there a guide that is reliable?

Did you update your IP on the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

bromley52 wrote: »
    Did you update your IP on the app?

Yeah it passes all the checks on its we page.

Advertisement