Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABYMETAL

• 29-06-2014 5:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

What happens when you combine J pop music and Heavy Metal?

Your answer, The new music sensation from Japan that is "BABYMETAL"

The Band

Lead singer - Suzuka Nakamoto (SuMetal)
    Backing singers/dancers - Yui Mizuno (YuiMetal) and
    Moa Kikuchi (MoaMetal)

These talented young ladies perform their music with a band of skilled Heavy Metal musicians to create a new genre of music called "Kawaii Metal" (Cute Metal)

BABYMETAL-KOJACON.jpg

The band have been a massive success in Japan. In just 2 years they have gone from performing at small music venues to selling out arenas and music festivals in Tokyo.

Their self-titled debut Album "BABYMETAL"enjoyed huge success, world wide. Debuting a No.1 on the itunes Metal charts in US, UK and Germany.
    With increase in demand from a growing international fan base. The Band will embark on a World tour this summer

BABYMETAL will play gigs in Germany, France, London and LA as part of their first ever world tour.

The band are due to play the main stage at the famous UK Sonisphere Rock Festival on July 5. Along side acts such as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Prodigy. They will also play the Canadian Rock festival Heavy Montreal on August 9th.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

The Youtube hit, Most peoples first experience of Babymetal.

Megitsune. Great song. One of their best.

Ijime Dame Zettai. One of my personally favorites.

Akatsuki. The very beautiful solo performance of Miss Suzuka. Outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

What happens when you combine J pop music and Heavy Metal?

Your answer, The new music sensation from Japan that is "BABYMETAL"

The Band

Lead singer - Suzuka Nakamoto (SuMetal)
    Backing singers/dancers - Yui Mizuno (YuiMetal) and
    Moa Kikuchi (MoaMetal)

These talented young ladies perform their music with a band of skilled Heavy Metal musicians to create a new genre of music called "Kawaii Metal" (Cute Metal)

BABYMETAL-KOJACON.jpg

The band have been a massive success in Japan. In just 2 years they have gone from performing at small music venues to selling out arenas and music festivals in Tokyo.

Their self-titled debut Album "BABYMETAL"enjoyed huge success, world wide. Debuting a No.1 on the itunes Metal charts in US, UK and Germany.
    With increase in demand from a growing international fan base. The Band will embark on a World tour this summer

BABYMETAL will play gigs in Germany, France, London and LA as part of their first ever world tour.

The band are due to play the main stage at the famous UK Sonisphere Rock Festival on July 5. Along side acts such as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Prodigy. They will also play the Canadian Rock festival Heavy Montreal on August 9th.

I noticed the thread you started for this band in 'Rock and Metal' was locked, are you their manager/promoter or something??

Vaxxine wrote: »
    I noticed the thread you started for this band in 'Rock and Metal' was locked, are you their manager/promoter or something??

No just a fan. Yes I did original make a thread in the Rock/Metal section but was met with allot of negativity and ignorance.

Apparently BABYMETAL weren't "Metal" enough for them.

So I decided to put a thread in the General section. To Inform and provide a forum for discussion on all things Babymetal, Hopefully free from the same negativity that ruined the previous thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

So...what do you expect when people don't agree with you. A "discussion" if you will.

They're catchy, but you have to admit that there's absolutely no talent. They're mass produced. Like any other pop band out there at the moment.

So...what do you expect when people don't agree with you. A "discussion" if you will.

They're catchy, but you have to admit that there's absolutely no talent. They're mass produced. Like any other pop band out there at the moment.

I would definitely disagree. I feel they are extremely talented. The lead singer, Suzuka Nakamoto is a brilliant vocalist, her voice is so pure and her delivery is outstanding. Especially on her solo songs "Akatzuki and Akumu no Rondo. Her vocal combined with the excellent metal instrumental creates a beautiful combination of music

This is my favourite Babymetal song

The lyrics are amazing
    Here's a translation of what she is singing

Akumu no Rondo (Nightmare Rondo)

The waned moon has lit up
    the insanity rampant in the shade.
    The laughter resounds around.
    It bares its fangs and its eyes gleam.

I can't escape from it.
    It flickers slowly
    appearing and disappearing in my mind.
    A nightmare rondo is being repeated.

The awakening light
    is gone far away out of my sight.
    I can do nothing but run
    through the darkness.
    In the woods, in the fountain,
    I hide myself holding my breath,
    but it's still coming closer to me.
    A stagnant voice. An endless night.

Ah...

If I can no longer get out of here,
    won't you show me your figure?
    It flickers slowly
    appearing and disappearing in my mind.
    A nightmare rondo is being repeated.

The awakening light
    is gone far away out of my sight.
    I can do nothing but fall
    into the darkness.

• Advertisement

By all means like a band, but your comments are bordering on fanaticism. Your threads are just an advertisement, and any one who has constructive criticism you mute or block their comments.

I think I'll just agree to disagree (I am a metaller, but I do like other styles of music...so don't give me that bullsh*t of "Well, then how are you a metaller!" :pac: )

To be honest you remind me of that character from Perfect Blue!

perfect_blue.jpg

By all means like a band, but your comments are bordering on fanaticism. Your threads are just an advertisement, and any one who has constructive criticism you mute or block their comments.

I think I'll just agree to disagree (I am a metaller, but I do like other styles of music...so don't give me that bullsh*t of "Well, then how are you a metaller!" :pac: )

To be honest you remind me of that character from Perfect Blue!

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to express it. You clearly don't like this band, I do. So like you say the best thing it to agree to dissagree

You clearly don't like this band,

I said "they're catchy", not that I disliked them. But I'm not as hardcore a fan as you seem to be!
    I do.

Oh we know.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'd imagine it was locked in part because you were acting like a complete spammer, constantly bumping the thread.

Heading over to London for great weekend toped of by a BABYMETAL show Monday evening. Gonna be awesome.

• Advertisement

Some armature video from the first show in Paris Tuesday night, Looks like a amazing show, Live band an everything. BABYMETAL's world tour has begun.

Played a show in Germany tonight,

Mainstage at Sonisphere on Saturday. Huge gig for the band, First time playing to a western metal crowd. Apparently they received a very cool message of support Kirk Hammett of Metallica who they performed with in Tokyo last year.

BABYMETAL go down very well at Sonisphere.

Here were some people's reaction

Team Rock interview with the band after they came off stage at Sonisphere

I'll try, But words can't describe just how awesome the BABYMETAL show was tonight at The Forum, London
    From the amazing vocals of Suzuka Nakamoto, The unbelievable instrumental from Takayoshi Ohmura (guitar), Leda (guitar), BOH! (bass) and Aoyama Hideki (drum).To the brilliant vocal, dance and performance art of Yui Mizuno and Moa Kikuchi.

I can't describe it is as a mere metal concert, It was an experience and an event in metal music. 'Too Strong'? 'Not if you were there. It was an indescribable experience, Listening to their album, watching their videos, All pale in comparison this outstanding live show

The best show I have ever seen and probably will ever see for as long as I live. Hands down

I could go to other concerts by other bands after this, But what's the point, Nothing will ever top what we experienced in London tonight form the one and only BABYMETAL!

Man i'm still buzzing from last night. The atmosphere was unreal, People had come for all over Europe for this show, In line I met a group of lovely people who had come from Japan who had stopped off in Paris, Germany and Sonisphere before last nights show.

These girls are extremely talented, No doubt about it. They worked their asses off last night to give is an amazing show, They did every song off the album, one after the other. For 2 hours on stage, they never missed a beat, never dropped a step. Intermitted throughout by face melting guitar/base solos from their outstanding live band

The place was rocking as they returned for the encore, finishing with their 2 best songs to cap of an epic show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Are you sure you don't work for the band in some capacity? You're very fanatical.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Are you sure you don't work for the band in some capacity? You're very fanatical.

He must. It's getting very repetitive and annoying now >_<

I wish mate, If only I could spend time with them. I'm just an average guy from Dublin who loves Babymetal. I can't explain it why, I'm not even sure myself. I just love them. People on here just don't seem to get Babymetal. And thats fine too.
    It was a joy to be at The Forum waiting with people from Japan and all over the world who love Babymetal as much as, and in many cases more so than I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

ThisThread_zps0a04c699.gif

I wish mate, If only I could spend time with them. I'm just an average guy from Dublin who loves Babymetal. I can't explain it why, I'm not even sure myself. I just love them. People on here just don't seem to get Babymetal. And thats fine too.
    It was a joy to be at The Forum waiting with people from Japan and all over the world who love Babymetal as much as, and in many cases more so than I do.

At this stage, I don't think it's even that people here don't like Babymetal (although, that's true), I think it's that the level of fandom you're displaying is unnerving and odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

People on here just don't seem to get Babymetal.

I really, really don't think that it's just people not getting them. Look, I like Babymetal. I would've gone to the same gig at the drop of a hat had I the money, I'm sure the show was fantastic. The thing is that you're coming across like Robert De Niro in The Fan, and it's just downright weird. In fact, I'm not sure if you're taking the piss with all this or serious as a heart attack. Either way, weird... :o
    If only I could spend time with them.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Not going to argue with you. Sorry

Check out this Full 1080p footage of Ijime Dame Zettai, Shot by the Japanese camera crew, Live on the night in London,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x211j07_baby-metal-the-forum-london-7-7-14_music

At this stage, I don't think it's even that people here don't like Babymetal (although, that's true), I think it's that the level of fandom you're displaying is unnerving and odd.

Unnerving and odd? you say, I don't think so. I just think they are awesome, And having experienced the live show for myself, you can say, I am fanatical about this band.

I'm curious to know,what is your personal opinion of Babymetal? I am a huge fan of theirs, needless to say. But forget my take on them, or anything I've said.

What is your own opinion ? Genuine question

Babymetal would not be my cup of tea. But the actual band is irrelevant, you could be talking about my favourite band in the whole world, and I'd still find your attention towards them to be odd and far too full-on, bordering on creepy. Doesn't appear to be just me thinking that either :P

Anyway, I'm out of this thread. I can't see it being a fruitful endeavour to engage in this discussion any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Are you part of any dedicated Babymetal forum where you would get better feedback/conversations about them?

Can't this be locked?

It's been reiterated from other users that OP's deeply unnerving , and I'll go as far as to call 'borderline obsessive' comments , regarding this band is derailing this thread in to a fan-blog.

There is no discussion here.

Yes, the irony of me bumping :rolleyes:

I'd redirect the OP to Wordpress, Blogger, Google Sites or something similar to express his 'appreciation' of babymetal. Even twitter...or facebook.

Just a slice of this world class "Kami" band of Babymetal we experienced in London, Monday night.

Awesome doesn't being to describe the feeling of these guys melting your face from a few feet away. The buzz is unreal.

Lets give credit to the awesome band behind Babymetal that rocked London

The current group of some of the most skilled metal musicians in the world

Mikio Fujioka (Guitar)
    GIT_Fujioka.jpg
    Leda Deluhi (Guitar)
    LEDA-79831.jpg
    BOH! (Bass)
    _ZEP2886.jpg
    Aoyama Hideki (Drums)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNh-j7OU1trNBtJwYkFVV621_hdXYHinxG4zTwhFNT3HsUMXKo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's not really doing anything wrong, in fairness.

You'll have to get yourself a Babymetal buddy on here, Devil.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    He's not really doing anything wrong, in fairness.

You'll have to get yourself a Babymetal buddy on here, Devil.

Only a matter of time. The fan base is growing, Plenty of the people I was in line with before the London gig, had been to Sonisphere and said allot hardcore metalheads who had never heard of Babymetal found themselves doing the moves along to "Headbanger" and "Ijime Dame" by the end of their set.

There was no booing, Nobody said they didn't belong there or that their place was not among the Metal Community. They have had nothing but support from, and have gained the respect of the some of the biggest names in Metal.

They are also introducing fans of J Pop and Japanese culture to Metal music

Advertisement