Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replace my Nexus 7 2013. Suggestions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

glasso wrote: »
    What does that mean?

Not sure, waiting for a response.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Not sure, waiting for a response.

Another message: we can't ship your order 'because your country has independent customs'.
    Ok if we refund you?

Bullsh1t - clearly sold stock they didn't have.

I've told them to ship my order, or I'll open a dispute, but not sure if that will do any good..

Another message: we can't ship your order 'because your country has independent customs'.
    Ok if we refund you?

Bullsh1t - clearly sold stock they didn't have.

I've told them to ship my order, or I'll open a dispute, but not sure if that will do any good..

@glasso - been back and forth with them all morning, but they're claiming they can't ship from Spain.
    Offered to send from China, but I declined - will have to wait till refund comes through, and will order from Honorbuy.

Apologies - I know you ordered from the same crowd.

@glasso - been back and forth with them all morning, but they're claiming they can't ship from Spain.
    Offered to send from China, but I declined - will have to wait till refund comes through, and will order from Honorbuy.

Apologies - I know you ordered from the same crowd.

feck it anyways. bs.

had promised my old tablet to someone else and all

refunds take ages from aliexpress also

feck it anyways. bs.

had promised my old tablet to someone else and all

refunds take ages from aliexpress also

They said they'd refund me by PayPal, but nothing yet..

• Advertisement

wonder if it's actually an official mi store. wouldn't expect Xiaomi to be messers like that

surprised that eglobal aren't selling these.

wonder if it's actually an official mi store. wouldn't expect Xiaomi to be messers like that

I just ordered from Honorbuy.

€229 delivered from EU warehouse, so about 40 quid dearer, but hopefully have it next week, if it works out similar to people who have been ordering phones from them recently.

Edit: code 'HONORBUY' gives $5 off

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

If your bootloader is unlocked, I'd go with the xiaomi.eu rom

After a few false starts and a bit of reading, I have the .eu rom on it. Proper Play store and everything seems to be working well.

Pleased with the tablet but I should have gone for a European warehouse and ignored the 'global' ROM. This did indeed have more languages than Chinese and English but there was an awful lot of Chinese crap, including keyboards, that seemed very difficult to get rid of.

The new OS seems to have remembered my wifi passwords etc and even my netflix pw even though I never got netflix working on the Xiaomi. Did it take it somehow from my google account and should I have wiped the old system before I installed the new?

The new OS seems to have remembered my wifi passwords etc and even my netflix pw even though I never got netflix working on the Xiaomi. Did it take it somehow from my google account and should I have wiped the old system before I installed the new?

from google. nothing to worry about. (except for google knowing everything of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

from google. nothing to worry about. (except for google knowing everything of course)

That's mighty. It even remembered my google password so I didn't have to sign in again. Anyway, I'm happy. Thanks to all for the advice and help.
    If anyone needs to know anything about the Mi Pad 4 just holler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

They said they'd refund me by PayPal, but nothing yet..

How can they refund you by Paypal? Be weary of accepting that method. As aliexpress don't accept it in the first place.

There is only one official xiaomi store on aliexpress (in spain) and they don't ship outside that country. So if you used the official store, it was probably a mistake in the ordering process that allowed you to place an order in the first place.

Edit 2: The linked store is not an official xiaomi store, as they have been open 6 years and official Xiaomi spain only opened in the last year or so.

Edit:- This is the link to the official store, but seems to be not resolving for me.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    How can they refund you by Paypal? Be weary of accepting that method. As aliexpress don't accept it in the first place..

Cheers as always Corkie.

I think they offered it to get me off their case - I was in full-on consumer champion mode - it seems very likely it was a 'computer says no' issue whereby they list shipping to the UK, but their courier doesn't deliver to Northern Ireland - I got a tracking number, and the tracking was 'item refused by warehouse'.

Haven't got the refund yet, mind.

I knew they weren't official, but they were well reviewed (though in retrospect, I recall a lad from Portugal was raging at them because they wouldn't send from Spain for the same reason)

@ glasso - any update on your order? where did you ship to? I've a feeling if I had used Addresspal, it would have gone through..

@ glasso - any update on your order? where did you ship to? I've a feeling if I had used Addresspal, it would have gone through..

I set address as parcel wizard to NI (so NI like you with parcel motel?). I tried to cancel but they said that stock is going to Spain in the coming week.

I set address as parcel wizard to NI (so NI like you with parcel motel?). I tried to cancel but they said that stock is going to Spain in the coming week.

I'd verify with them straight away that they can ship to your address, or you could be strung along till it gets refused at the warehouse..

Then again, maybe there was no stock and I was just being given the standard excuse - here's the lad I mentioned from Portugal, who was told the same thing:

Description said it would ship from Spain but apparently it does not. Order was canceled buy the seller and was justified this way: "Because your address is in Alacant, Spain, it has an independent customs, Logistics company can't send parcels to you, I am very sorry about this matter." None of it makes sense, I'm from Portugal not from ALICANTE and from Spain to Portugal you don't pay customs. Although I said I was from Portugal, the answer was: Dear, sorry we can not send it. Then I had to wait several days to be able to open a dispute to get a refund and even after the dispute it took a couple of days for the seller to return the money. Since I bought it until I received the money 15 days passed... Should have bough from another seller. Very unpleasant experience.

28 Sep 2018
    04:23 Seller’s ReplyDear, Thank you for your support of our store. Because your address is in Alacant, Portugal ,it has an independent customs,Logistics company can not send parcels to you Because it was rejected by the warehouse, this is the rule of the platform

yes I've asked them again. one problem is that I didn't know how the extend processing works as hadn't used it before. I clicked 10 days thinking it was from initial date but it added 10 days on so I have to wait that period now.

yes I've asked them again. one problem is that I didn't know how the extend processing works as hadn't used it before. I clicked 10 days thinking it was from initial date but it added 10 days on so I have to wait that period now.

Ah, nightmare

I used Parcel Wizard too, so it'll be interesting to see if yours eventually arrives.

The quote from the Portuguese guy was almost verbatim what they told me, but maybe they just have a stock set of responses for when they oversell their stock..

Ah, nightmare

I used Parcel Wizard too, so it'll be interesting to see if yours eventually arrives.

The quote from the Portuguese guy was almost verbatim what they told me, but maybe they just have a stock set of responses for when they oversell their stock..

they are saying that stock is going to Spain.

I have asked for clarification that it will be sent on to NI from there - no response on that yet.

did you take a refund then - how will they pay it?

I paid by card so would probably look to get a refund back through aliexpress official channels.

did you take a refund then - how will they pay it?

I paid by card so would probably look to get a refund back through aliexpress official channels.

Same as that, but they've said they'd PayPal me it today - will let you know if that happens.

• Advertisement

they claim that they will send a tablet out from Spain to NI on Tue/Wed.

so after them telling me that they were going to deliver it got a refund today out of the blue.

they were just a crowd of messers.

will probably buy from honorbuy also - will just see if there are any discounts anywhere this week tho.

will probably buy from honorbuy also - will just see if there are any discounts anywhere this week tho.

Can certainly recommend Honorbuy for speed..

Mine is out for delivery today (ordered Friday).

Hopefully there won't be any issues with the tablet, and I won't have to check their level of customer service!

So I've just 360 hours to wait to unlock the bootloader, rather than 720 - not sure if it's same for everyone..

Tablet feels lovely in the hand - small bezels, so it can really be used with one hand for the most part..

The one from Honorbuy came with English selected and Play Store installed, so presumably done by them..

Currently downloading an update to MIUI v10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI

Will be putting xiaomi.eu rom on anyway, but can't complain about Honorbuy service, if anyone's thinking of buying.

@glasso:

About €20 less on Honorbuy today!
    I'd say jump at it if you haven't bought already..

https://www.honorbuy.com/1469-xiaomi-mi-pad-4-64gb-tablet-black.html

So I've just 360 hours to wait to unlock the bootloader, rather than 720 - not sure if it's same for everyone..

Tablet feels lovely in the hand - small bezels, so it can really be used with one hand for the most part..

The one from Honorbuy came with English selected and Play Store installed, so presumably done by them..

Currently downloading an update to MIUI v10.1.1.0.ODJCNFI

Will be putting xiaomi.eu rom on anyway, but can't complain about Honorbuy service, if anyone's thinking of buying.

so the honorbuy rom is a custom rom?

yes did see that - coming in about 212 euro for the 64 gb model delivered - will probably go for it.

yes did see that - coming in about 212 euro for the 64 gb model delivered - will probably go for it.

No, it's the Chinese version, but they have obviously set it up in english and installed Play Store - the multi-language rom some suppliers are sending doesn't get OTA updates..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

You nearly had me tempted to put in an order, i was wondering where you saw them prices, until I realized I was looking at the plus model.

My Nexus 9, on it's last legs, have a replacement battery (11/11) and New case (today), ordered to hopefully get a bit more life out of it.

I also hoping some more affordable Chrome OS Tablets, get release in the new year, so holding out for them.
    Known for his reliable inside sources, Roland frequently takes to Twitter with leaks about upcoming devices and he has a proven track record for hitting the mark. This week, he brings news that ASUS will unveil their first Chrome OS tablet at CES 2019 and it will be a 10″ device that presumably will go head-to-head with Acer’s Chromebook Tab 10.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

put an order in for the 4gb / 64gb one on Honorby - 210 euro with Honorbuy.

something about a free set of earbud type earphones with them - probably cheap 3 dollar jobs so it wasn't really the clincher - free case would have been much more useful!

Advertisement