Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rock Werchter 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Mumford and Sons have joined the Cure on the line up

https://festipalooza.home.blog/

Pink confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Looking more like a Pinkpop line up ironically.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Last years lineup was amazing. Would be tempted to go this year, more for the cure etc than pink or mumford and sons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The Cure have been announced for Hurricane, Exit and Rock en Seine too. No shortage of options if you want to go and see them. Exit is a little further to travel but it is incredibly good value. 200 euro for vip level.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Muse closing out the festival on the Sunday.

• Advertisement

Florence and the Machine for the Saturday

Tool added to the Friday. Dunno how that'd work with The Cure too. I know they normally do 2 headline sized bands, but the Cure do long sets. Be crap to get a shorter tool set cos of that

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Tickets bought :)

Went last year for first time , was brilliant festival , savage lineups . Can’t wait to see who else is added , love the way they drip feed new acts regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Last year's line up was insanely good in my opinion. I'm not too bothered with any of the acts so far this year. I've seen Muse and Florence a few times. I'd like to see the Cure as they are legacy act but I don't know their back catalogue. Not really interested in Pink or Mumford and sons.

Do we take it the acts announced so far are the headliners yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Advertisement

Kylie? Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

what's rock werchter like as a festival? How would you describe it?

my dad wanted to go to Glasto for his 65 birthday but we didn't get tickets. I've been to over 30 festivals so I know they come in all shapes and sizes...where would RW fit on the festival scale?

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

my dad wanted to go to Glasto for his 65 birthday but we didn't get tickets. I've been to over 30 festivals so I know they come in all shapes and sizes...where would RW fit on the festival scale?

Outside of the bands, there isn't that much to do. Like they probably have dj's in the Hive after music ends, but not much else going on bar tent drinking.

In terms of when music is on, it's fairly damn great. Well organised, big name acts, normally get good weather, clashes aren't too huge an issue. Operates a token system for food/beer so can get them in advance. So queues are rare enough. Well worth a trip.

The only big shock to me this year was the cost. It's getting very pricey. If you go for it, the combi ticket is only for access to music arena, so bare that in mind if ye are going camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

cool thanks Mushy

That gives me a good idea of it - I think the auld lad would appreciate a bit more variation beyond music - music only now wouldn't bother me at all, I rarely take part in anything beyond that at a festival.

line up looks pretty solid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Went this year, had a ball with the one exception that in one of the covered up stages they limited the amount of people who could access that particular gig. As I generally stayed until the end of the set I was watching on the open air main stage, by the time I reached the other covered stage, they weren't letting anyone else in

Mr.S wrote: »
    I don't understand why they still charge for basic camping. Fair enough having an extra cost for premium but €30 to pitch a tent on top of €240 is a bit OTT.

Must be to do with controlling numbers, which does make sense. €270 for a fest is a fine chunk of cash. Line-up makes it worth it though, always big bands playing, bar Glastonbury you probably wont get level of top level bands around.

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

It's usually an older crowd at it too and it's usually a relaxed environment. The line up at the mo just isn't doing it for me personally but it was excellent last year.

Weezer Tool and the Cure on main stage on same day...and Kurt Vile in the Barn! Christ that's good

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I'd imagine The Smashing Pumpkins will be added any day now. Also Pearl Jam have played RW a lot in the past, and with a European tour rumored for next year........ One can hope!

• Advertisement

I'd imagine The Smashing Pumpkins will be added any day now. Also Pearl Jam have played RW a lot in the past, and with a European tour rumored for next year........ One can hope!

That line-up if Pumpkins got added would be hard to ignore.

PJ...No spots left for them. Still hope for a tour though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Can't see PJ back over this side of the pond after last summer's European tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »

PJ...No spots left for them. Still hope for a tour though

Done it this year though ;)

Who else would ye realistically like to see added ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'm going on the Friday to see Tool. Will also get to see Kurt Vile, Weezer and The Cure. Anyone else going?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Let us know if Kurt Vile is any good, I've heard mixed reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

I'm going on the Friday to see Tool. Will also get to see Kurt Vile, Weezer and The Cure. Anyone else going?

I'm for the Friday for Tool also
    Flying to Brussels on the morning off
    Camping Friday and heading into Brussels for the Saturday

I'm hoping it's not a balls of a place to get to😂

You been before?

GaryByrne wrote: »
    I'm for the Friday for Tool also
    Flying to Brussels on the morning off
    Camping Friday and heading into Brussels for the Saturday

I'm hoping it's not a balls of a place to get to😂

You been before?

Train to Leuven, shuttle bus to festival. It's a distance, but handy to get to. Your festival ticket should cover the train fare too

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Mushy wrote: »
    Train to Leuven, shuttle bus to festival. It's a distance, but handy to get to. Your festival ticket should cover the train fare too

Do I need to get the train ticket before I land over there or do you just produce the festival ticket it in the station?

• Advertisement

GaryByrne wrote: »
    Do I need to get the train ticket before I land over there or do you just produce the festival ticket it in the station?

Check the website. Think need to book something in advance. It used to be just rock up with ticket.

Advertisement