Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Watching Berlin live on this stream. Was there on Saturday and want to sort of relive it. Getting towards the last half an hour or so now.

https://www.facebook.com/U2UVBR/videos/525913801245598/

Listening on mixlr myself. Ill never tire of this show. Crowd dont seem as good as saturday but hard to tell with these things. Dirty Day to Wold Horses still gives me goosebumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

That's all folks . Great tour. Hint of sadness and worry that we won't see them for quite a while. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Anyone know if there's a decent soundboard recording of Monday night floating around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

"We've been on the road for quite a while now. Nearly 40 years...We're going away now"

Can't help but feel a tad of emotion...

bclar12 wrote: »
    "We've been on the road for quite a while now. Nearly 40 years...We're going away now"

Can't help but feel a tad of emotion...

At least we have a dvd/blu ray to look forward to, and judging by tonights performance on mixlr it may well be heavily dubbed/edited with Dublin shows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At least we have a dvd/blu ray to look forward to, and judging by tonights performance on mixlr it may well be heavily dubbed/edited with Dublin shows!

i wonder will it air on RTE on Xmas night like the I&E show did ???

i imagine it might not as it might need to be heavly edited etc and most likely come straight out on DVD/Blu Ray next summer. I wonder will it be released in 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Maybe not ðŸ˜

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Maybe not ðŸ˜

Wonder what ticket drops are like in Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

When the lights go out

woah-o-ah-ohhhhhhhhhhhh-oh wa-oh-a-ah-ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

When the lights go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Maybe not ðŸ˜

So much for the going away talk !
    If there is money to be made the boys will grab it .

They could play for a month in Australia ,demand is insane down there and the ticket prices are outrageously expensive in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

For anyone there on the Tuesday Nov 6th - this is for you..

Hope you enjoy..

bonoman66 wrote: »
    For anyone there on the Tuesday Nov 6th - this is for you..

Hope you enjoy..

Love the multicams man :)

Any of The Blackout?

Love the multicams man :)

Any of The Blackout?

Thanks - appreciate that & glad you like the videos.

None of The Blackout on the plans at present - sorry.

I was just throwing these together as I got time, so not sure when I'll be able to get another done. It'll probably be something from Nov 9th next as I've already put something from the other 3 dates up. No great Blackout Footage (I'd need a few good angles from the 9th that I've seen so far, so I may not be able to do that for you.

Watch out for something from the 9th though.....

Hope that's ok please

https://twitter.com/atu2/status/1063593134054088704
    U2 went home for the Experience + Innocence tour’s final multiple-show run and played four nights at Dublin’s 3Arena, scoring a $6.4 million gross from 46,529 sold seats on Nov. 5-6, 9-10. That tops the sales from the group’s last four-show stint at the arena in 2015 by $1.2 million.

Only 46,529 tickets sold,where did the rest go ?

Freebies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Wikipedia suggests similar attendances for the four 2015 shows

Combination of the e-stage/screen setup takes a chunk off the standing capacity and with the amount of tickets appearing on TM on the day of the gigs its not surprising the shows were not entirely full to capacity.

Tuesday show was less congested for standing than some other sold out gigs I've been to, I'd have guessed there was enough standing space for at least another 500

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Freebies?

Mainly down to the configuration of the staging I reckon.
    It's 13,000 a night for a standard stage set up, so 52,000 in total. So a difference of 5,471. That's about 1, 368 per night. Mostly down to the catwalk taking up a v large chunk of floor space. Maybe a wee pinch left unsold too!

Edit: Beat me to it! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ORBY73

It's 13,000 a night for a standard stage set up, so 52,000 in total. So a difference of 5,471. That's about 1, 368 per night. Mostly down to the catwalk taking up a v large chunk of floor space. Maybe a wee pinch left unsold too!

At 2 ton a head are u surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

There was an empty seat next to me. Handy for my coat 😀. Makes you wonder how a sold out gig had so many tickets available up to showtime

https://www.u2.com/news/title/innocence--experience-live-2015--2018

iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018

Two albums.

Two tours.

Two years.

A limited edition double CD & digital release capturing the i+e Tour and the e+i Tour is the 2019 special gift for U2.com Subscribers.

It's the ultimate live set on double CD, beautifully presented in a photographic book documenting the iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE tours of 2015 and 2018.

This one-off special release, produced by the band especially for U2.com subscribers, will not be on sale online or in store.

From "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)", "Every Breaking Wave" and "Song for Someone" to "The Blackout", "Get Out Of Your Own Way" and "13 (There Is A Light)", this is the ultimate live companion to Songs Of Innocence and Songs Of Experience, celebrating two extraordinary tours.

The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019.

From January until dispatch of the double CD set, we'll be offering regular downloads of these new live tracks.

Pretty decent gift. Will definitely be signing up for this.

• Advertisement

https://www.u2.com/news/title/innocence--experience-live-2015--2018

iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018

Two albums.

Two tours.

Two years.

A limited edition double CD & digital release capturing the i+e Tour and the e+i Tour is the 2019 special gift for U2.com Subscribers.

It's the ultimate live set on double CD, beautifully presented in a photographic book documenting the iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE tours of 2015 and 2018.

This one-off special release, produced by the band especially for U2.com subscribers, will not be on sale online or in store.

From "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)", "Every Breaking Wave" and "Song for Someone" to "The Blackout", "Get Out Of Your Own Way" and "13 (There Is A Light)", this is the ultimate live companion to Songs Of Innocence and Songs Of Experience, celebrating two extraordinary tours.

The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019.

From January until dispatch of the double CD set, we'll be offering regular downloads of these new live tracks.

Pretty decent gift. Will definitely be signing up for this.

Now that's more like what a subscriber gift should be & not the rehash/reissue of previously available old material etc..

Happy & excited about this!

Hope California is in there somewhere

Great gift

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

No interest in it myself, but yeah it's definitely a better gift than their usual trash!

Did people get two sets of Vinyl for 2017 and 2018 ?
    I'm sure I picked a different gift for 2018 but I got the Vinyl again.
    I gave it to some friends who are big into vinyl .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I don't know what I got for what year at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Did people get two sets of Vinyl for 2017 and 2018 ?
    I'm sure I picked a different gift for 2018 but I got the Vinyl again.
    I gave it to some friends who are big into vinyl .

I got the Joshua Tree singles on vinyl twice, gave one of them away to someone here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The subscriptions are available with or without the surprise gift from the previous year. Ie. Subscribing in 2018 you could buy the 2017 surprise gift, the Joshua Tree singles on vinyl or just buy the subscription for the 2018 surprise gift which turned out to be the U2 3D vinyl.

So when resuscribing in 2019 you can choose to buy a subscription with or with the U2 3D vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me Gotham Experience Remix will be out on Vinyl & Digital download on record store day this Friday. It will include a remaster of the original song made for the movie; Batman Forever. Was the remix of that song put out on the new tour?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Current tour had a cover of HMTMKMKM by Gavin Friday playing over the intermission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Current tour had a cover of HMTMKMKM by Gavin Friday playing over the intermission.

So Bono could put on his fake eyebrows? Cmon lads. Play the blinkin’ tune.

Advertisement