Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Form B

Options
  • 28-08-2018 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Have sat the stage 2, awaiting results at the moment

If i go on to stage 3, I understand there is a requirement for the details of myself and extended family - such as where they have lived over the years.

To what level of detail is required do you know? And to how distant a relation does it extend?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Waestrel wrote: »
    Hi All

If i go on to stage 3, I understand there is a requirement for the details of myself and extended family - such as where they have lived over the years.

To what level of detail is required do you know? And to how distant a relation does it extend?

Cheers

To add to the question, does anyone know if a girlfriend (living with) would be considered as “partner” on the form B? Just checking before I have to delve into her family too..

Hi All

Cheers

Also to answer your question, it’s up to your aunts and uncles, their DOB, address and their relationship to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

To add to the question, does anyone know if a girlfriend (living with) would be considered as “partner” on the form B? Just checking before I have to delve into her family too..

If you live together yes she counts as partner.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    If you live together yes she counts as partner.

Thanks, makes sense I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Thanks for replies - further question, do deceased relatives need to be included?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Thanks for replies - further question, do deceased relatives need to be included?

That came up at our info session. The answer back then was yes. Not sure if it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Deceased relatives details are needed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Elliot192 wrote: »
    That came up at our info session. The answer back then was yes. Not sure if it's still the same.

It is, their DOB and DOD, all addresses and occupations.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Folks I have a question regarding form B.
    I have no father on my birth certificate etc so cannot complete the details on the form regarding him. I’m also confused if I should put my mothers current partners information down including his children and their mother (it does say step sisters etc) but since my mother and him aren’t married unsure if they qualify as step family and if they do do I have to include all of his family?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I have no father on my birth certificate etc so cannot complete the details on the form regarding him. I’m also confused if I should put my mothers current partners information down including his children and their mother (it does say step sisters etc) but since my mother and him aren’t married unsure if they qualify as step family and if they do do I have to include all of his family?

Don't worry about your father's details...just put a seperate sheet in explaining that you don't know his details etc.

Mother's partner isn't needed, it's only your blood relatives and those of your spouse/partner if you have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Uweir32 wrote: »

I'm in a similar situation, my mum or me haven't seen him in 27 years and I'm panicking on what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    It is, their DOB and DOD, all addresses and occupations.

I put down deceased under the occupation category for any relatives who passed. The guy from HR seemed to think that was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Is it all addresses at which relatives have lived or just their current address?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

Is it all addresses at which relatives have lived or just their current address?

I just put down the addresses at which they live now. As far as I'm aware it just for yourself that they require multiple addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JenM1984

Hi there,

Do you include an ex partner in the form B? He is my sons father, however we are not together anymore and we haven’t lived together for a year?
    Thanks 😊

Advertisement