Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The wezz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

lorna100 wrote: »

Mods : am I allowed to say about the passports? delete as necessary!

Not a Mod, but is not clear enough in the charter?

I know it doesnt say anything about making them in the charter, but discretion much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

lorna100 wrote: »

Mods : am I allowed to say about the passports? delete as necessary!

Nope, so I've edited it out. Talk of how to make a fake ID is banned, talk of where to get one is banned, talk of using one in a named venue is banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

sorry bout that folks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Never went to Wezz. I'm from the Northside, you see. Our kind doesn't go down too well over there. ;)

I thought I was so cool back in the day goin to my local one. Looking back on it, it was disgusting - the general state of the hall, the fights, the sleaziness(the attire and the scoring 8-11 girls in one night).

obl wrote: »
    I thought I was so cool back in the day goin to my local one. Looking back on it, it was disgusting - the general state of the hall, the fights, the sleaziness(the attire and the scoring 8-11 girls in one night).

I love when people get glandular fever as a result of sleeeeeeeeeeeeeazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Teen discos...... The Sodom and Gommorah of modern Ireland..... If adults could see them they would die of shock at just how bad they are.

I dunno, they're not -that- bad I don't think!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

these kinds of discos are a rite of passage. nothing evil or too bad about them, it's where real education takes place!

Yeah you learn a lot about limits with alcohol, proper behaviour when you're out, you get more comfortable around guys. Learn how to politely (and not so politely) get guys away from you when they dance with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Went to Wezz once, then realised I could get into real clubs and stop hanging around with such eejits :)
    ...it was bad. ****ty bad. As in: "OH GOD WILL IT EVER END" bad. I don't drink, and that made it worse I think, because I noticed how darned awful the kip was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Seeming as it was mentioned on the other thread,

I was wondering was it ias bad as it was made out to be by the papers etc.
    I thought when that article came out in the Sunday World ages ago.It was taking a pot shot at people in d4 etc(because it is a working class newspaper)

The disco I used to go to in Leitrim was far worse, in the toilets we had knackers from Longford snorting yolks(no offense to normal Longford people), People from different GAA areas fighting,sexual intercourse happening in the disco.plenty of drinking before hand too.

So does the Wezz really deserve the bad name it gets?

Edit:Took the name out to stop trouble.Sorry mods:)

Haha my brother was in the pictures in the "article". To be honest, it isn't that bad at all. Of course people are going to be drinking, where do young people not drink? Ive never heard of any stabbings there, but I have seen this sexual intercourse you speak of

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Its a teenage disco- There's going to be some 'aul fornication, theres going to be drink, its all part of growing up.

Never been to one myself- went to gigs instead, chics were much hotter!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Not being from Dublin, I never did experience the Wezz. I've heard some awful stories though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hannah-j

wezzis supposedly the "d4" place to be

full of wanabee's and orange sin coloured girls

hannah-j wrote: »
    full of wanabee's and orange sin coloured girls

Sin:pac:?

I always thought that'd be more of a white colour in wezz:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Its a teenage disco- There's going to be some 'aul fornication, theres going to be drink, its all part of growing up.

Never been to one myself- went to gigs instead, chics were much hotter!!

Definitly.

The local teenage disco closed down several years ago. The local nite club closed recently too. I see a trend.

Anyway the nearest one is fifteen miles away and the last bus goes quite early so i couldnt be arsed at all.....

The teenage one was stank of sweat and sick so after one go i retired to the pub (airconditoned in the lounge : ) )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Never went to Wezz or other discos either, was more of a Blast girl! Same stuff went on, just to different music and in different clothes.

Twee. wrote: »
    Never went to Wezz or other discos either, was more of a Blast girl! Same stuff went on, just to different music and in different clothes.

I hope you realised since what a genuinely bad idea it is to support Blast.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

North Soiyid keepin it real at wez 04-05

Since when have they started letting North Siders into Wezz? Barcode shut down or something? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Piste wrote: »
    Since when have they started letting North Siders into Wezz? Barcode shut down or something? :confused:
    Sure I got in :L

hunter164 wrote: »
    Sure I got in :L

How many knives did you have on you at the time/How many prostitutes had you already killed that night?

Fad wrote: »
    How many knives did you have on you at the time/How many prostitutes had you already killed that night?
    Every man knows you don't kill a woman who is willing to do whatever you want.

Every man knows you don't kill a woman who is willing to do whatever you want.

You're from the northside though, she probably knew too much............

(This of course explains how you got into Wezz...........)

You're from the northside though, she probably knew too much............

(This of course explains how you got into Wezz...........)
    Haha nah I'm not that bad.

Haha nah I'm not that bad.

You claim to be from the northside, I was being cautiously optimistic.......

Here lads, We kept wez real!,

nd yeah we got let in for free, connections nd all that

good times,

(and btw barcodes rubbish, and i live like a minute away from it!, 21s ftw)

Here lads, We kept wez real!,
    nd yeah we got let in for free, connections nd all that
    good times,
    (and btw barcodes rubbish, and i live like a minute away from it!, 21s ftw)

Armchair badass much?

No-one believes you.............:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

16....to both questions

• Advertisement

Armchair badass much?

No-one believes you.............:pac:
    believes me in what aspect?

in that i'm best mates with Dave the owners nephew?
    or something else?
    please tell me what no1 believes me about fad

Advertisement