Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dental implant questions!

Options
  • 03-10-2020 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all, so I briefly enquired about a dental implant here a good while ago. I have a sum of money saved now, which I would like to spend on the implants. I have two implants which I would like to get. They are second from the back on the top row and thrired from the back on the bottom row. Both are on the right side, so you can see why I'd like to get this sorted. Not only for appearance, but also for function.

I asked my regular dentist about implants and he had two recommendations for both Galway and Dublin. I would prefer to get it done in a local cornetist (sligo), as I got a recommendation from someone on here. They were happy with their implant and that's why I am looking at this dental practice. As well as this, I attend this same dental practic for my retainers. So Is it normal for a dentist to recommend a dental practice further afield?

An other thing is, the is a lack of bone in my gums in one of the spaces. Could this rule me out for that implant? Or can the dentist set bone in the gums (so too speak) for the implant?

Thanks.

Advertisement