Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Undoing [HBO] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I’ve watched the first 3 episodes of this and I think it’s fairly good. Definitely reminds me of Big Little Lies which I also liked. The scene in last night’s episode where Grace took Henry to see Jonathan in jail was very good. The little fella who plays Henry was brilliant. One thing that drove me mad was when the police were interviewing Grace and she kept saying “I don’t want to know” because I thought why would she not want to know. If it was me I’d have to know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,553 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jeez that's some leep from episode 2 to 3. Last week they did not know where he was and all of a sudden this week it's going to court and he is accused of murder and she is gone from living in an apartment on the city to a big house on the outskirts of it.
    Also I can not believe that the meeting room in the prison does not have any sort of seperation between the prisoners and the people meeting them just police constantly walking around. That is just crazy. Even crazier is that a prisoner would know what is on google or have access to the internet.
    Nice twist at the end but I do not think it is that person. I think her Miss Elvis,s husband had more of a motive to do it and he is very creepy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

AMKC wrote: »
    Jeez that's some leep from episode 2 to 3. Last week they did not know where he was and all of a sudden this week it's going to court and he is accused of murder

This is how it works!

Accused murderers don't get a long goodbye to family etc, he turned up, she called the cops and they came and arrested him, and then he had his first date in court where he got his charges read (well he chose to skip this).

There was then a time skip indicated in the show with a single comment which I can't exactly recall at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

AMKC wrote: »
    Nice twist at the end but I do not think it is that person. I think her Miss Elvis,s husband had more of a motive to do it and he is very creepy.

Just like in scooby doo episodes, it's usually the least expected or bit characters that did it

I'm going with that male doctor colleague who grace briefly talked to, or graces female lawyer friend or graces dad ordered a hit

Ms

This is how it works!

Accused murderers don't get a long goodbye to family etc, he turned up, she called the cops and they came and arrested him, and then he had his first date in court where he got his charges read (well he chose to skip this).

There was then a time skip indicated in the show with a single comment which I can't exactly recall at the moment.

Awe yes I see it was explained later in the episode.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I know you usually have to suspend your disbelief when it comes to police actions in these things but this is a bit ridiculous. Approaching Donald Sutherland's character in a museum - how did they know he was there. And then only revealing the video footage of Grace after they've already charged Jonathan and only when she approaches them to complain about something else. It got off to a good start but it's a lot trashier than it thinks it is. I'll keep watching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Yeah, it definitely started to get silly in the most recent episode. The whole Nicole being on CCTV reveal was terribly handled.

The start is much easier to do that the middle and the end in these sort of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Someone I know actually speculated after the first episode that it could be a split personality disorder type scenario with the Nicole Kidman character, tying in with her being a therapist and an unreliable narrator, which....I really hope it isn't cos that would be very cliche imo.

PressRun wrote: »
    Someone I know actually speculated after the first episode that it could be a split personality disorder type scenario with the Nicole Kidman character, tying in with her being a therapist and an unreliable narrator, which....I really hope it isn't cos that would be very cliche imo.

Also surely other people would notice. Or could it be a sudden occurrence brought on the traumatic revelation of Jonathan's betrayal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I've just watched episode 1, thought it was very boring to start with but the last half hour picked up the pace a bit so will stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 84,944 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did the father in law know all as he gave Hugh's character money?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

PressRun wrote: »

Somwhat similar to her character in the Others, what the viewer sees through the perception and narration of the main character isn't always reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

On episode 3 and I think its Grace's father,the Donald Sutherland character that did it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Another thing about it is that Nicole Kidman, while she is a great actress, her accent is very distracting. Drifting in between American and Australian all the time, and I don't know if that's deliberate or she's just not making much of an effort? The father is American and from what I can gather from the show, it's meant to be one of those established, wealthy New York families? Like I don't think it's been mentioned that she was raised elsewhere or that her mother is from somewhere else? If they did say that, I missed it entirely. And yet her accent is fully Australian at some points.

Episode 4

Well that was a bad and boring entry. This mini-series is sliding down a hill quality-wise.

Has anyone read the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone know how long the series is?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like 6 episodes.

Ms

I wonder what all the lmflashback she had was about?
    I think it might be her father who done it. I think he did not like his daughter's husband because he reminded him so much of himself and somehow found out he was cheating so decided to kill the young mother so he would get locked up for it. I thought the solicitor was funny even when she was not trying to be lol to the both of them. Not much else revealed really.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has anyone read the book?

No but I've been trying to work out who did it from the title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Coming off Watching the Queens Gambit to this and Christ it’s tough going. Great cast but it ain’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

This is poor. Probably has enough to keep me watching as it's only six episodes but it's a mess and classic case of nothing happening for an hour and then a silly twist at the end which is quickly dismissed in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Episode 4 was pretty bad apart from when Donald Sutherland ripped the principal a new one which was brilliant.

The TV interview was very silly and didn't make any sense.

Also, I think the blonde friend killed her

siblers wrote: »
    Episode 4 was pretty bad apart from when Donald Sutherland ripped the principal a new one which was brilliant.

The TV interview was very silly and didn't make any sense.

Also, I think the blonde friend killed her
    A lot of it isn't making sense, tbh.

Most annoying of all for me is that one minute she/they're being mobbed by media, next she's strolling around Central Park and the streets of New York entirely alone. Like, it's New York - my disbelief has snapped at this stage from all the suspending.

It seems to be settling into a pattern of lining up a new suspect/motive in the last 5 minutes of each episode. I expect the pal will be next week's feature.

The father and the principal scene was brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Agreed with everything said above. Silly situations like the interview and the visit to the husband.

It could all come somewhat together when the big truth is unveiled but it's dragging badly the past two episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

The dialogue in EP 4 was dreadful. Even Donald Sutherland's rant at the principal. Just awful use of language and not even reflective of his intent.

His scene with his Grace where he had to background explain he never liked Jonathan was as equally awful as the one between both Grace and Jonathan while strolling around NY.

As for Jonathon knocking on the door and being invited to feed his daughter by Fernando :rolleyes:

Such a good start and strong premise, but fell off the cliff last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

Any recommendations on what to move onto after this and queens gambit?

Roadkill on BBC was ok, stretched the credulity a bit but no better or worse than The Undoing as it turns out! Hugh Laurie is great, as usual.

• Advertisement

Why Women Kill

Little Fires Everywhere

Advertisement