Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

For what it is it's not the worst to be fair - I'm not too familiar with the UK version, so can't really compare, but I think for a first episode it was pretty decent. The twins are gonna be the stars of this - it's obvious even from this thread that people will want more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

For what it is it's not the worst to be fair - I'm not too familiar with the UK version, so can't really compare, but I think for a first episode it was pretty decent. The twins are gonna be the stars of this - it's obvious even from this thread that people will want more of them.

The bit with the fly was hilarious,very Douglesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

fin12 wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty good don't see much of a difference between it and the. English one. I think the two Pauls are very boring. Wish they had picked from Cork city instead.
    I reckon the people who don't work will be lost in the edit and eventually dropped, just like in the English one, and new people will appear.

Overall, I thought it was alright. Programmes like these take a few episodes to settle, until you get to know what the people are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The two Pauls have to go straight away. Not just pointless but annoying!

Of the four girls, the one on the far left could be good. Loved the two women from the liberties.

The African family seemed like good fun.

Blessington family were a bit meh...as were Limerick mother and sons.

I must be alone in not liking the Cavan twins at all. Think they were the ones hamming it up and had worked on an act.

I might change my mind about all of the above next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Night time in all the houses when they're watching the six one news?
    There's something wrong there
    They don't watch the shows live, they are given a recording of a few programmes some time after they have aired. They is also why they will often not know what they are watching until the opening credits...."oh it's E.T." or whatever you might hear them say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I enjoy the CH4 version with the exception of the dreaded "celeb" versions.

Last night's Irish version seemed like a fair start. Wondering if it will last 12 weeks ?

One thing that did annoy me was the absence of sub-titles ! My hearing is alright but I always watch the CH4 version with subs to make sure to catch everything and or to check that my hearing has not deceived me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

sadie06 wrote: »
    The two Pauls have to go straight away. Not just pointless but annoying!

Of the four girls, the one on the far left could be good. Loved the two women from the liberties.

The African family seemed like good fun.

Blessington family were a bit meh...as were Limerick mother and sons.

I must be alone in not liking the Cavan twins at all. Think they were the ones hamming it up and had worked on an act.

I might change my mind about all of the above next week though.

I have to say, it was better than I expected it to be.

Two Pauls - Pointless
    The Liberties - Excellent. Very funny
    Cabra 4 - Awful. Get rid. Worst thing about it
    Eastern European Friends - Terrible
    Limerick, Blessington and Navan families - a large serving of meh
    Twins - Decent start. Something to build on. If they can keep it up they'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the series
    Castleknock Old Ladies - Decent stuff. They are ripe to produce some gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, not a bad start. The selection of programmes they watched is probably a little more "meh" than the C4 version, I'm not sure if that's because they want to show as much Irish content as possible.

I'm not a fan of Deirdre O'Kane for the voiceover. It just comes across really monotone for me, the same with her advertising work. She's certainly no Caroline Aherne - it'll be interesting to see who C4 have lined up for the voiceover work this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Loved the Cavan twins standing for the national anthem.

so natural that was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yamanoto wrote: »
    All a bit charmless.

For a nation of supposed wits and raconteurs, there wasn't a single one-liner or quip that made you chuckle or warm to anyone.

there was few, one of the dubs commenting on miriam o'callaghans 42 children & the kildare dad saying the only white lions he sees are in the middle of the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

tumbleweed.jpg

CPL 593H

Wonder how much they had to censor Vs Peoples awareness there is a camera there. If this was in our house it could not be aired ever, especially our reactions to this show specifically :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya are they not allowed use language, cause a lot of Irish people would curse when watching a GAA match especially if it's your own county playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

seamus wrote: »
    She's certainly no Caroline Aherne - it'll be interesting to see who C4 have lined up for the voiceover work this year.
    Craig Cash filled in for her while she was unwell.. and has taken up the role permanently now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Ya are they not allowed use language, cause a lot of Irish people would curse when watching a GAA match especially if it's your own county playing.

Not allowed use language? Really? You sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ffs, watching people watching tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Shouldn't be a problem in using language as it's after the watershed..

.. one of the Cavan lads referred to America's Got Talent as "like Britain's Got Talent, but sh*te!"

Cdosrun wrote: »
    I had a twin and I'm sure those two lads will have small fights all the time.
    When one was going out to make tea it seemed to cut where they
    decided who's turn it was to make it. :)
    Not allowed use language? Really? You sure?

Well I've never heard them say curse words in the English ones and that's been going now for a few years and didn't hear any in the Irish one either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

fin12 wrote:
    Well I've never heard them say curse words in the English ones and that's been going now for a few years and didn't hear any in the Irish one either.

Did Steph and Dom not drop an occasional F bomb?

The German stepdad's catchphrase is "foookin' hell", the 2 gay lads swear quite a bit sometimes, and Charlotte swears like a docker!

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    The German stepdad's catchphrase is "foookin' hell", the 2 gay lads swear quite a bit sometimes, and Charlotte swears like a docker!

Do they not beep over it?

Nope.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Geordie one with the fake tan swears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Swearing is allowed in it. They swear all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Enjoyed it tonight, a decent first attempt. Will check it again.

Have to admit to loving the original and this imitation effort didnt offend at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

It seems to be a big plug for Virgin Media.

I dont see any homes on the show that have a Sky hd box, seems most of them have virgin.

Btw how can anyone say that Anchorman is a rubbish movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mikeym wrote: »

I dont see any homes on the show that have a Sky hd box, seems most of them have virgin.

Isn't it sponsored by Virgin Media?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

. Can they get Virgin in the ar$e end of Cavan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

. Can they get Virgin in the ar$e end of Cavan?

Or in Blessington

• Advertisement

I think the second Anchorman film is better than the first.

Advertisement