Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Thought they were travellers, still kind of do.

Could be travellers but it's hard to tell as they all speak like that in Athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The 2 Paul's and those 4 girls on the couch dressed up to the nines need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

milehip wrote:
    Tipping point's on from 6-8 weekdays and the twins are having pints in the couch,nice one lads!

They don't watch things live. They're all given pre-recorded stuff to watch. Except for the all Ireland which id imagine they were asked to watch live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Tandey

kilns wrote: »
    The Kildare family with the daughter are the best

The best at what? They were all doing nothing:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

All a bit charmless.

For a nation of supposed wits and raconteurs, there wasn't a single one-liner or quip that made you chuckle or warm to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They all have lovely clean homes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Yamanoto wrote: »
    All a bit charmless.

For a nation of supposed wits and raconteurs, there wasn't a single one-liner or quip that made you chuckle or warm to anyone.

I have to say I enjoyed the exchange between the 1 biddys discussing how bored the picketers must be walking around in a circle for hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I suppose for the first night it wasn't that bad but Deidre o Kane has to go, her voice is wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Yamanoto wrote:

Agreed but to be fair I don't think the chosen shows were up to much either. I like on the English one when they stick in a bit of politics / election stuff and the families show which side they fall on with their comments. I hope the Irish one does the same. I don't see the merit in showing a clip of tipping point in the first place, never mind one in which nothing happened to warrant comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

That part with the show Smalltown was way to long.
    It's a plug for a TV3 show.

Way to many pets,the little dog that looks like fox was getting petted so much I expect it will be hairless before long.

I'm not sure I will stick with watching this but we all have the choice to not watch if we don't want so please don't keep watching just to go on here to say how bad it is.if you don't like it done watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It says here, they're the Grufferty's from Athy
    Still waiting on a Steph+Dom to appear?

How many episodes are to show?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Tandey wrote: »

The best at what? They were all doing nothing:o
    Seemed a bit more natural

buyer95 wrote: »
    I have to say I enjoyed the exchange between the 1 biddys discussing how bored the picketers must be walking around in a circle for hours!

When she said "like when the wheels on the bus go round and round". :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Will take a while for it to settle down and the more entertaining TV watchers to emerge and the bad ones to be phased out for new ones. The Cavan twins definitely the highlight.

Will take a while for it to settle down and the more entertaining TV watchers to emerge and the bad ones to be phased out for new ones. The Cavan twins definitely the highlight.

I had a twin and I'm sure those two lads will have small fights all the time.
    When one was going out to make tea it seemed to cut where they
    decided who's turn it was to make it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Is Rory Cowan the fella with the extremely campy voice? If so a bit too panto for Googlebox I'd say.

I wonder is that his real voice or is he putting on his Rory Brown voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

They seemed to take ad breaks every 8 minutes or so, very annoying.
    The Limerick mum and sons with the nice sitting room seemed the most unnatural of all, it was cringey. But it might be first time nerves for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Loved the Cavan twins standing for the national anthem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I don't understand the appeal of this show.

It's all contrived. Nobody is going to act or converse naturally with a camera in their living room. Watching someone watch tv? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't think that's true that people watch TV 3 and a half hours a day, I hardly watch a half an hour a day tv, watch everything online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Enjoyed it. Sorry for echoing other comments but I too liked Cavan lads bits best. Hate your one O'Kane's voice also. The moaning young one during Anchorman got on my nerves. 😕

NufcNavan wrote: »

It's all contrived. Nobody is going to act or converse naturally with a camera in their living room. Watching someone watch tv? No thanks.

Ok, so I guess you won't watch again or post in the tread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I wonder is that his real voice or is he putting on his Rory Brown voice?

He was on R1 earlier on, that's his real voice, but i heard his voice 1st time on Liveline last week, but almost like panto as someone made a comment on his charity work.
    Ann22 wrote: »
    Enjoyed it. Sorry for echoing other comments but I too liked Cavan lads bits best. Hate your one O'Kane's voice also. The moaning young one during Anchorman got on my nerves. 😕

I agree & don't they know:

ron-burgundy.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Have never seen before but have to say i really enjoyed it. Agree parts of it a bit contrived but witty in places - one of the woman making the sign of the cross when the woman in Smalltown died was typical, loved the anticipation during the Cleopatras love scene! Agree the twins were great. Thought that The family of African origin came across as lovely - the Navan accents on the kids.
    Maybe I am just naturally nosey. Houses all so tidy and so calm...

The white Lion is amazing. I really hope they are protected. Only 12 in the wild. Sick poachers. Hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

NufcNavan wrote: »

when it started first it wasn't contrived on channel 4 ...that why it got popular because they didn't think anyone would watch it. They started to change a bit when the got popular. the Irish one can't possible work because all the people that went for it are very aware of how successful the c4 one became and aware that potentially their could be money made from it. the success of the original was that the people on it forgot about the camera after a week or two and it is then they started to grow on you. i hated the C$ one and then one hung over morning watched 3/4 episodes and loved it. There was a connection between all the people on it.

Unfortunately a lot of the people tonight were very boring and i can't see them getting any better. The twins from cavan were relaxed, the family with the two young lads and the ma and the african family could be funny/interesting but the rest are a dose...especially the couch with teh 4 girls on it taking selfies and horsing wine out it

fin12 wrote: »
    The white Lion is amazing. I really hope they are protected. Only 12 in the wild. Sick poachers. Hate them.

Off topic but Fin watch that program ingenuis anamels.
    It is great.

On topic.
    I recorded this show while watching and walked my dog and watched it again , I think when people get to know who is who on it they might change their mind.

Good IMO.

The Cavans twins house looks like a mansion.

I thought it was pretty good don't see much of a difference between it and the. English one. I think the two Pauls are very boring. Wish they had picked from Cork city instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just watched it,thought it was good enough . Probably the best thing TV3 has done in fairness.

Advertisement