Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

con747 wrote: »
    Lots more errors tonight 503's, and checking your browser before entry to site.

Yes, I spoke too soon

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry guys, there was an influx of traffic to the site after the Taoiseach's address which caused things to slow down. We are working on stabilising it. Thanks for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry guys, there was an influx of traffic to the site after the Taoiseach's address which caused things to slow down. We are working on stabilising it. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Niamh & all the crew in the background jumping online to keep the place going.

We all appreciate it.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'm not going to lie...I was getting into bed when I posted that last night, keeping the site online is all the tech team's doing - I can take no credit for it but I appreciate the sentiments :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not going to lie...I was getting into bed when I posted that last night, keeping the site online is all the tech team's doing - I can take no credit for it but I appreciate the sentiments :)

They did a great job last night. I was on boards after 10pm and it was working fine :) and I could only imagine the traffic must have been through the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Loughc wrote: »
    [...] I was on boards after 10pm and it was working fine :) [...]

Not so lucky here. The only thing I saw working was cloudflare.

Gave up after 15 minutes of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Uploading of pages and pms (last night and tonight) is unusually slow, resulting in blank screens.

The search tool is going haywire tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭con747

Just had to switch browsers to stop 404's,
    On Opera I get this,
    This page isn’t working
    www.boards.ie redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

On Chrome now.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭con747

404 - Page Not Found!
    If you're certain that there should be a page here, please let us know and we'll fix it.

Once upon a midnight dreary,
    while I websurfed, weak and weary,
    Over many a strange and spurious website
    of 'hot chicks galore',
    While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark,
    suddenly there came a warning,
    And my heart was filled with mourning,
    mourning for my dear amour.
    "'Tis not possible," I muttered,
    "give me back my cheap hardcore!" -
    Quoth the server, "404".

© 2020 Boards.ie Ltd. | Terms | Full Site |

Enough, goodnight.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

con747 wrote: »
    Just had to switch browsers to stop 404's,
    On Opera I get this,
    This page isn’t working
    www.boards.ie redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

On Chrome now.

Ironically Opera and Chrome have the same browser engine.
    No problems with Opera for me.
    If it's a node sync issue then logging out and in again (assuming you get back in!) should have the same effect as changing browser.
    Or tell Deja Boo to stop breaking the site :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

If it's a node sync issue then logging out and in again (assuming you get back in!) should have the same effect as changing browser.
    Or tell Deja Boo to stop breaking the site :pac:
    Are those blippin nodes at it again? :eek:

Dayum, ya caught me! :pac:

...send more chocolate, and this wouldn't happen.

The site is working again and providing captcha in Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Site is doing that thing where it looks like it's a point in time earlier than it is (so my unread threads went from 3 to 14, and latest posts are from a few hours ago).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi dulpit, there was an issue with replication on a node, but it should be resolved now. It may require a little more time to catch up, but the underlying issue has been rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hi dulpit, there was an issue with replication on a node, but it should be resolved now. It may require a little more time to catch up, but the underlying issue has been rectified.

Ya, seems to have sorted itself out again. Thanks Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Search function misfiring from time to time. An attempt to do a thread search, or a 'find more mosts by' search, just leads to the default advanced search.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Getting that too. But reloading the page brings up the search results.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

fullstop wrote: »
    Posts appearing in a thread in forum overview and then when you click into the thread the post isn’t there.

Same thing again. Clicked into a thread in a followed forum, latest post showing as 18 mins ago in forum overview and when I click into the thread the last post of from 5 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

osarusan wrote: »
    Search function misfiring from time to time. An attempt to do a thread search, or a 'find more mosts by' search, just leads to the default advanced search.

Yes search an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it slow for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Not here. On the touch site.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, so apologies if not, but just wondering if there's any way to stop getting emails informing me of a new post in a thread I'm following (other than to unfollow the thread). My inbox is swamped !!! Thanks in advance .

cathalj wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, so apologies if not, but just wondering if there's any way to stop getting emails informing me of a new post in a thread I'm following (other than to unfollow the thread). My inbox is swamped !!! Thanks in advance .
    What you could try is to unfollow, then click follow again and set the no email notification option.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Best guess is the site will have an extra traffic load due to the election in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

cathalj wrote:
    You can change it in settings. I think it's simply just untick it and save.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

cathalj wrote: »

Aside from unfollowing and refollowing with a new preference set for mail notifications, you can manage your current thread subscriptions here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription . If you check the box next to the relevant thread(s), the dropdown menu at the end of the page (marked by Selected Threads: ) allows you to update subscription type for the selected threads by selecting the applicable preference and clicking Go.

You will have to save this preference on a page-by-page basis (rather than selecting threads from multiple pages and trying to update all at once as the checkbox checked setting is not preserved between pages).

You can also set your default notification setting from this point forward here under Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can feel the site getting laggy, might need to introduce flood control esp new registrations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I can feel the site getting laggy, might need to introduce flood control esp new registrations. :)

Yeah, I've the same for the last couple of arrows. It it intermittently laggy with some pages needing to be refresh before actually loading

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Laggy for the last few hours and newest posts doing the "now you see them now you don't" trick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement