Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The One with the Mile-High Bavarian Bulls

• 26-06-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭

Better show this week, I thought. Was it just me, or was the Sleb segment shorter? If so, good, that meant more time for the cars. Having Norman Dewis on while (partially) recreating his famous drive was a particularly nice touch too. (I'm surprised that they've never had Sir Stirling Moss on the show, now I think of it.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

The more and more I watch this new series, the ever more obvious its become to me what irkes me the most. Entertainers!! The duo of LeBlanc and Evans are from an entertainment background. Their main objective is to entertain people, and as such you see all these bloody gimmicks in their segments which is soo damn annoying to people like me who tune in expecting decent motoring content, not something that could pass off as a comic-relief Top Gear segment. You then step back and think about what makes the Harris & Reid segments soo good?? They're bloody motoring journalists, talking about cars. Its soo obvious that something works well when you have a genuine interest in the subject matter. Evans can have all the cars he wants, but he just doesnt have the skill to properly express the expierence of driving and instead reverts to crowd pleasing rubbish. Look at the old trio, and all three were motoring journalists who'd spent a career in the motoring press before becoming superstars. And look, lets not forget that they reverted to some awful guff (The hot hatch episode stands out), but that was a way to appeal to the mass appeal in small bursts. Clarkson could wax lyrical about the latest Civic TypeR one minute, and be part of some horribly scripted 'challenge' the next. With Evans, it seems he cant make that switch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Although it pains me to agree with the shouty ginger twat, the arse of that Roller does have shades of rover75 about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think the last two shows were good. It's certainly lost something, the new crew will be very easy to keep under the thumb, it's a show by committee now.

But it's still a decent show, it's getting better, not even as pissed off by Evans anymore.

Advertisement