Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I was after grouting the tiles in the shower yesterday and came into the sitting room to have a 5 mins break. My 18 month daughter wanted to sit on my lap. I told her daddy was dirty.
    She took a step back from me and looked at my trousers and when ooohhhh. looked at me for another sec then touched my trousers and the looked at her hand and it wasn't dirty so up she had to come

O Saturday she wanted to go up to her grand parents(my Parents) to see the cat. I told her daddy was busy and Mammy would bring her. Well at that. The lip went out and the sobs started and then the full on cry(O my god you have just said NO to me and my world has just ended). Off i had to go. God help me... .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Skyped my son on saturday from work, his nanny had him for the day so my sister skyped him.(i work in england so only get home every second weekend) Its fair to say that being the first grandchild he is absolutely spoilt rotten. He was playing with some toys whilst i was chatting to everyone. When i asked him who bought you that he said "daddy". No matter what everyone buys him he always insists his daddy bought it for him :p. Also his mum said any black audi he sees he goes ballistic shouting Daddys Beep Beep when there out for there walks :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭positron

Over the weekend our two month old chuckled for the first time. She used to coo and/or smile when she see her mom or me, but she went to the next level and now she chuckles away like a good thing.

Her elder sister, now 2.5, comes back upstairs this morning wondering out loud ""What on earth is going on here?". She's a sponge for picking up every conversation around her, and repeats it when she thinks it's most appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

It was my daughters bed time and my wife was getting ready for bed so i when out side for a quick min.
    When my daughter was all ready for bed my wife went to the front door and started to call me . I didnt answer and came in the back door. My 19 month old decided to help her mother and call me. but not by calling Daddy but by saying SHAAA. Her attempt at Seán...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

In a rush this morning out the door, spent too long hanging over the loo with morning sickness. Tried to save time by giving our 2.5 year old a slice of toast in her hand and telling her to hop into the car with it. She gave me a withering look. Walked over to the cupboard, got herself a table mat, plate, knife and fork and sat down at the table. 'We eat at the table Mammy'.

lmao. What can you say to that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

at work today one of the kids who is nearly 3 cracked me up today!

i was getting everyone to clean up and asked her to tidy away a car

her response:

"no that would break my back, you need a man to do that sort of thing!"

i wonder what goes on in her house!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Arrived home yesterday, and my eldest (3 1/2) hopped up on my knee, I noticed he was filthy, covered in something sticky... So I asked him "Why are you all sticky?" His response "*sighs* That's a looonnnng story..." Still waiting for the explanation :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

She burps like a teenage boy... n she's only two weeks old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My almost-18-month old took his first, tentative, steps yesterday!
    We've been waiting sooo long for it, and he managed to do it just within the "normal" range for walking (which is between 9 and 18 months). That made me smile, I can tell you.
    Oh and he has learned to say loads of words, just in the last 2 weeks (he was only able to say mama, daddy and papa before). So much progress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My 4 year old opened the curtains this morning saw the clear blue sky and said "woo hoo the clouds have finally gone on their summer holidays, now i can have mine" :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Not my child, but just remembered. . I was out walking with my baby n my dad and these two women came toward us wirh their children. One of them had a toddler on those walking straps things. As they were passing us, the lil kid walks up to my dad n gives him a hug around the legs. It was totally random, unexpected and the cutest thing ever. Children are wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yesterday sitting on teh bus my 2 year old had sweets he wouldnt share with his brothers.So he looks them square in the eye and gives teh man beside him a sweet.It was so funny.He still didnt give his brothers a sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

'Mammy when I'm a bit bigger can I play 'Grandad Otto'* on my playstation?' Cillian (7)

*Grand Theft Auto

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My 2.5yr old was asking for 'piggie bock' at dinner the other night. Bock is chicken and we were having bacon. So piggie bock, love toddler logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We brought our son into town to get his hair cut and afterwards went for coffee. Some tourists were walking past and started smiling at him. He told us they were smiling at him because he's very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

We are bringing our 21 month old up trilingually. She is beginning to say words in all 3 languages. She recently was given a French book of animals and has learned the French word for seal. She now runs around the place saying 'phoque, phoque, phoque'.......I'm worried what people will think we're teaching her!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Rory woke me up very excited because today was her first day at school. She clearly got an attack of the nerves when we were standing in the line to go into school but there were no tears and she let herself be guided into her class and waved out the window at us when she caught us peeping into her class. Feeling quite proud of her being brave! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Xdancer wrote: »
    We are bringing our 21 month old up trilingually. She is beginning to say words in all 3 languages. She recently was given a French book of animals and has learned the French word for seal. She now runs around the place saying 'phoque, phoque, phoque'.......I'm worried what people will think we're teaching her!!!! :D

My son used to pronounce foot with a k at the end, and witch with a b...One day in tesco when i was wheeling them around in the trolley he started shouting them at the top of the voice...it was quite embarrassing but also hilarious. When i was correcting him FOOK!!!!! "foot honey" BITCH!!!! "no no Witch honey". FOOK FOOK FOOK.... BITCH BITCH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Our little fella who is now 19 months old has learned the sit command for our Rough Collie but currently loves to use it on me when wanting me to get down and play with him..lol Finger goes up pointing at me, Dad Dad.. Sit!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

This isn't really something my child did but it made me smile. We live in an apartment block and our neighbours next door have a 2 year old. It 's an older apartment building so we don't hear them much but this morning I can hear the kid grizzling a lot and then lots of rounds of singing the wheels on the bus and other songs. Made me laugh that all parents spend their days doing prett much the same thing. I'm sure it'll be my turn to do the singing later today when my boy gets fractious :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Was doing some tracing of letters and numbers with 2.5 year old. She spent ages trying to persuade me that the number 8 is actually the letter B. "NO MAMMY. Silly Goose. Not 8, B!!!! " Walked off in a huff and brought back the big alphabet foam letter B to show me.

And then the fridge magnet.

And then her creche-bag with her name written on it (her name has a B in it)

Will not believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

pwurple wrote: »
    Was doing some tracing of letters and numbers with 2.5 year old. She spent ages trying to persuade me that the number 8 is actually the letter B. "NO MAMMY. Silly Goose. Not 8, B!!!! " Walked off in a huff and brought back the big alphabet foam letter B to show me.

And then the fridge magnet.

And then her creche-bag with her name written on it (her name has a B in it)

Will not believe me.

I can introduce her to my friend Eight-O-eight. He'll set her straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My little fella going around to everyone he saw yesterday in a red jersey shouting "up the banner" yeah we went up to Croker, so needless to say, it tool a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

My son (2.5) saw a giant daddy long legs in his granny's house a couple of months ago. Now every time we see one around our house he informs me it is a 'mammy long legs' as daddy long legs lives in granny's!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My Mam was showing me photos she had taken on her digital camera.
    My 3year old was looking too and said 'Nana, why didn't you use your phone?'

I dunno if I ever be able to explain to kids about pre-digital cameras and posting away films to be developed. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lisha wrote: »
    My Mam was showing me photos she had taken on her digital camera.
    My 3year old was looking too and said 'Nana, why didn't you use your phone?'

I dunno if I ever be able to explain to kids about pre-digital cameras and posting away films to be developed. !
    I'm planning to hold on to some cassette, and films etc just to amaze my son with how old I am! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

My little fella is 4.5 so he's at an age where he thinks "passing wind" is the most hilarious thing on earth! The other day I was getting ready for work and he was playing around between his bedroom and ours. Then he comes to the door, sticks his bum out at me and says "mummy, catch this...!!" You can imagine what came next! :-D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm pretty tired these days and have been getting migraines more frequently. This makes me very sensitive to sounds. My 3.5 year old was whining on at dinner time yesterday and I mimed hammering my fork into my head to his Dad to indicate the pain he was causing.

The small guy stopped talking for a second, thought about what he had just seen me do, then turned to his daddy. "Mama tried to kill herself, daddy."

I was torn as to whether I should warn him not to say that to his teacher in pre-school or not. I hope he doesn't. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my 2.5 yr old covered his hands in black marker (again) and said 'mammy mammy i stoopi man' ah no baby you're not stoopid i cooed, my 6 yr old corrected me 'he means superman'. 'I soupie man weeeeeeee'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

bubbaloo wrote: »
    My little fella is 4.5 so he's at an age where he thinks "passing wind" is the most hilarious thing on earth! The other day I was getting ready for work and he was playing around between his bedroom and ours. Then he comes to the door, sticks his bum out at me and says "mummy, catch this...!!" You can imagine what came next! :-D

Hilarious!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D

Advertisement