Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

12.5g pouch

• 08-06-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

How many cigarettes should one get from a 12.5g pouch of tobacco??
    i only ask cos a mate said you should get 50 out of it , to suit the 50 papers, but it took me 2 and a half box pouches of GV to use up the 50 papers that came in the first box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

I wouldn't get 50 out of a small pouch anyway. But I'd get more than 50 out of a big pouch so I wouldn't go by the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Weight_of_a_cigarette

1 cigarette contains .9gm of tobacco.
    So a 12.5gm pouch is about the same as 13/14 cigarettes.

But most people who use pouches will use smaller amounts of tobacco in their cigarettes, so in theory you could get 50 cigarettes but they would all be quite small

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

okeydokey,
    nice one
    sound, lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

you should get a good 30ish at least though but when i'm being tight I've got around 50 from a packet...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

I'd usually get 15-30 depending on various factors - if there is drink involved I generally roll fatter steams and the likes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'd get about 25 - 30 from a small pouch. I roll 'em thin though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭weemcd

approx 20-30 depending on amount in each rollie is what id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

I'd get about 30 cigs from a 12.5g pouch. You'd have to roll them pretty thin to get 50 cigs from 12.5g of tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

I get roughly 20 out of a bag, I do roll them nice and fat tho, otherwise I end up having another one within half an hour! I buy a 12.5 bag a day so I can certainly say I'm not getting fifty out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

with rollies its not how many you get thats important, its how long the tobacco lasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

I agree completely depp, I wouldnt be inclined to actually try and keep count of how many I smoke a day, all I know is, I buy a pack a day

Advertisement