Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

17 currently in Phoenix.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

why can't every day between now and November 1st be like this!

Perfect day, blue skies and 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Beautiful in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sunny on and off but stiff wind keeping temps down etc. as per marine forecast west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

18.3c in the back garden - South Dublin. Stunning day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has to laugh at the 7.55 weather forecast, not sure who did it but he sounded as miserable as feck as he told us through gritted teeth that the weather was going to be basically fine for the next 10 days. Met Eir just hate good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has to laugh at the 7.55 weather forecast, not sure who did it but he sounded as miserable as feck as he told us through gritted teeth that the weather was going to be basically fine for the next 10 days. Met Eir just hate good weather.

There are a few on here who would be the same :D

I am in heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Could be anyone of a number of posters here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Highest known max today in Ireland:

17.3c at Shannon Airport
    17.2c at Durrow
    17c at Kilkenny

cold. cloudy. not nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Graces7 wrote: »
    cold. cloudy. not nice!

Clear skies, sunny, warm. Very nice.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Clear skies, sunny, warm. Very nice.

wide variation country wide. west mayo here and a little brighter

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mrsnrub2.0

Anyone going to throw an early summer prediction about?

Was yesterday's sun a brief glimpse of what we could expect?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Stunning day till now. Clouding a wee bit but so pleasant and enjoyable Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Another really nice day in Dublin plus a gorgeous sunrise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

mrsnrub2.0 wrote: »
    Anyone going to throw an early summer prediction about?

Was yesterday's sun a brief glimpse of what we could expect?!

I think it will be a warm and dry summer overall, there will be periods of cooler and unsettled weather at times, though, but i don't see the Atlantic dominating for long.
    Forget i ever posted this, if it ends up being a washout:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭acequion

I think it will be a warm and dry summer overall, there will be periods of cooler and unsettled weather at times, though, but i don't see the Atlantic dominating for long.
    Forget i ever posted this, if it ends up being a washout:pac:

Nacho,what are you basing that prediction on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day today, could be a while before we see temperatures like the past few days again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    another beautiful day today, could be a while before we see temperatures like the past few days again.

Yeah i actually got sun burned, was out in the garden from 8.30 til about 4.30, no cap on, and paying for it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Isn't this the best time of year for sunshine :) birds flat out, trees bursting in to life! Happy days 😀

• Advertisement

Here comes the rain; hard and heavy.

Definitely a micro climate out here. It went very very dark suddenly .

west mayo offshore

Cloudy and chilly in Tralee. The weekend comes and the weather changes.Typical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rotten day. Heat will have to go on soon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

acequion wrote: »
    Nacho,what are you basing that prediction on?

Just some signs i see in the pattern these past few months that are conducive to high pressure ridging up over us repeatedly. Of course the Atlantic will have some say from time time, but i don't think it will dominate like it did in previous very wet Summers

Just some signs i see in the pattern these past few months that are conducive to high pressure ridging up over us repeatedly. Of course the Atlantic will have some say from time time, but i don't think it will dominate like it did in previous very wet Summers

That would be just so brilliant. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Bit of sunshine earlier making it feel very pleasant while working outside today getting up to 12.8C, clouded over in the afternoon with a Northerly breeze making it feel cool but very glad of the dry weather. Currently 10C

Like Mt's introduction of the weather trend in front of the forecast, very useful.

Looking very cold next week from later Monday night, going to be a shock to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Didn't want to post in Mt's thread but I echo meteorite's thoughts on Mt posting the weather trend at the start of each daily forecast,hope he continues with it

Bit of sunshine earlier making it feel very pleasant while working outside today getting up to 12.8C, clouded over in the afternoon with a Northerly breeze making it feel cool but very glad of the dry weather. Currently 10C

Like Mt's introduction of the weather trend in front of the forecast, very useful.

Looking very cold next week from later Monday night, going to be a shock to the system.

When you say "very cold," how cold do you mean? I'm down around Kenmare, Beara next week for work so what kind of weather and temps can I expect? Thanks Meteorite.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Have to factor in the wind also on Tues especially in the SW and also breezy on Weds. I'd bring a hat :)

Also Tues will have some sharp drops in temperature under big showers of rain and hail.

By Weds could also have the wind bringing down the icy air from snow on the Reeks. might get a few pics acequion.

Tues looks like around 5- 7C around kenmare during the day.
    Weds around 6 -9C
    Very cold Weds night into Thurs morning.

qdY8Vrz.png

Thurs perhaps 5 to 8C during the day followed by another very cold night, that bit milder nearer the coast.

Vem5uwB.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah I was struck by the same thing, could be a harbinger of another dry growing season even if it turns out to never get as hot as last year.

Advertisement