Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House Jazz

Options
  • 27-11-2003 5:20pm

Not really sure if this is the correct area, but its the best i can think of.

Lately i've been hearing a bit of interesting jazz music in some clubs. Its not traditional jazz as such, but rather a mix of Jazz & House music. A friend mentioned Masters at Work to me, but i've gotten some of their tracks and its not the right type of music.

For those of you in Cork, Reds sometimes plays the type of music downstairs on a Tuesday night. Very funky Jazz, that has a nice beat to it. I've always been a wee bit exasperated with Jazz in General, but this stuff is wonderful.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Don't quite know what you mean by "Any ideas?" but yes, there is a (not-so)-new genre around called jazz house (not house jazz). One of the pioneers of it is st. germain (pronounced "san ger man" with a weak g). Get 'Tourist' and if you like it, 'boulevard'. Don't quite know any other stuff like it but i can certainly vouch for st germain's niceness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gav_b

Or deep house, check out the http://www.deephousenetwork.com and go to the mixes section ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Blue 6 ain't bad. A bit more mellow than St. Germain

Advertisement