Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/teneo-teams-up-with-global-citizen-to-host-live-aid-type-concert-1.4021422%3fmode=amp

Can see them definitely doing the Global Citizen gig next year anyway..PJ headlined Central Park 2015 for it and Eddie doing South Africa last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At a gig in Waterford listening to a 2 man group called 'betterman' who do PJ covers but other popular songs in eddie style. Sounds good but don't suite some songs

Seems to be putting a lot of old concert pictures up on social media

Tour announcement coming soon ??

Pearl Jam for Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Seems to be putting a lot of old concert pictures up on social media

Tour announcement coming soon ??

Pearl Jam for Slane

Rumours its going to be 12 large outdoor gigs in Europe.

Dear God please not Slane .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dear God please Slane.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Penfailed wrote: »
    Dear God please Slane.

At this stage I’d be happy to go them in The Burren!!! They haven’t been here since 2010 and while I do love little Euro city breaks to see them it would be nice to see them back here 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah 12 shows I wouldn't be confident of getting a show. Would just be far easier if did have one.

Then again, I didn't see Dimi saying the 12 gig rumour so ill be skeptical

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Surely Croker....not Slane

PauloConn wrote: »
    Surely Croker....not Slane

RDS where everyone seems to get put now ha

Apprently that rumour above is not true but theres seem to be a tour in someway in the works

Ill wait and see dont think id go abroad to see them after only doing it a few years back in London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Just got the ten newsletter and no tour announcement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

lassykk wrote: »
    Just got the ten newsletter and no tour announcement :(

Stay positive !! I still think something will happen (No inside information sorry) Many time tours gets announced outside the tenclub newsletter . Also they have just changed their cover page to a live concert image this evening . Maybe i a am clutching at straws :eek: But on other fan forums there is still talking about a tour happening

≥≥ https://pearljam.com/?fbclid=IwAR0VBpgbqwS6rCtkBmQC5roNM5xYDG7M3Vi3pUccy_ZktDW-wp153zN8O2g

I've no inside info obviously, but just going on observations and hunches over my years following the band, I expect some Euro dates next year. The lads really love their holidays/tours in Europe and it's a very lucrative market for them. I wouldn't be expecting any announcement though until November at the earliest. For some reason they love dropping dates on us as we're already scrambling for Christmas funds :D

For anyone into the tribute thing - Pearl Jem are playing in Monroe's, Galway tomorrow night. Doors at 9pm, onstage for 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I've no inside info obviously, but just going on observations and hunches over my years following the band, I expect some Euro dates next year. The lads really love their holidays/tours in Europe and it's a very lucrative market for them. I wouldn't be expecting any announcement though until November at the earliest. For some reason they love dropping dates on us as we're already scrambling for Christmas funds :D

For anyone into the tribute thing - Pearl Jem are playing in Monroe's, Galway tomorrow night. Doors at 9pm, onstage for 10pm.

Pearl Jem are f@!&ing brilliant. Well worth checking out

Cheers Mickey, much appreciated.

Going to see them in Belfast in about a month. A friend of mine from Wales (who I've never actually met IRL(!) is coming over for it). Really looking forward to it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Going to see them in Belfast in about a month. A friend of mine from Wales (who I've never actually met IRL(!) is coming over for it). Really looking forward to it.

There's quite an international contingent coming in for that gig, no pressure at all :pac:

Just wondering would your Welsh friend's initials be 'M.B.'?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Seconded! Raging i'm missing tonight :(
    Can't wait til there back in Limerick again

There's quite an international contingent coming in for that gig, no pressure at all :pac:

Just wondering would your Welsh friend's initials be 'M.B.'?

Yes indeed! I've known him in an online capacity for about 14 years.

Will there be a cork show next year? May not be in a position to see real deal (I'll make it work I'd say, but be hard).

Big shock that the announcement didn't happen on the 10th.

• Advertisement

Yes indeed! I've known him in an online capacity for about 14 years.

Haha, small world! Top guy, I'll see you both in Belfast so :D

Mushy wrote: »
    Will there be a cork show next year? May not be in a position to see real deal (I'll make it work I'd say, but be hard).

Big shock that the announcement didn't happen on the 10th.

January 11th in Cyprus Avenue, hopefully see you there Mushy!

January 11th in Cyprus Avenue, hopefully see you there Mushy!

Excellent. Knew hadn't seen that on the venue page.

Rumour mill back in full swing anyway. From a quick quote I saw, there wont be an irish show, but that could be based on a severe lack of reading by me

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Mushy wrote: »
    Rumour mill back in full swing anyway. From a quick quote I saw, there wont be an irish show, but that could be based on a severe lack of reading by me

Yeah outdoors in Amsterdam,Berlin and Imola among others and 3 arena shows in unusual cities look nailed on..Hopefully heading back to the Waldbuhne/Wuldheide :)

Yeah outdoors in Amsterdam,Berlin and Imola among others and 3 arena shows in unusual cities look nailed on..Hopefully heading back to the Waldbuhne/Wuldheide :)

London would appear to be outdoors, Werchter too. Tbh, I'll be very lucky to get to any show, but hopefully I can convince the right people to let me go

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

I was at Wulheide in 2010, great venue. Easy to get to, east to get in, no mad qeues, well organised, easy to get back to the city afterwards. Compare that to Slane!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Am i the only one that would love to give that demitrious lad on ten club a dig ?? :confused:

exilec wrote: »
    Am i the only one that would love to give that demitrious lad on ten club a dig ?? :confused:

some PJ/EV fans are dickheads

Got a mouthful off 2 brazilian ***** at the show in November for recording a snippet of the gig.

• Advertisement

exilec wrote: »

He's the info guy. Not like he can give too much away or else he wouldn't be given the info.

Advertisement