Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW nav maps

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wailin wrote: »
    Nope, I'm just an idiot! They gave me the files for both Europe East and West, and yep, I downloaded East.

Yeah they split the NBT Europe Maps for 2020.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Aren't sat navs a bit old hat now with the widespread availability and reliability (plus live updates) of the free services such as Android Auto/Apple Car Play?

p.s. BMW owners pay for the Apple service I think. Suckers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭ Harmony Helpful Hyena

Aren't sat navs a bit old hat now with the widespread availability and reliability (plus live updates) of the free services such as Android Auto/Apple Car Play?

There no Android Auto support in BMWs, and you've to pay for CarPlay as you said. They are however about to support both with no subscription from next year apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

My car does not have apple carplay so stuck with sat nav for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Hi,

Im completely new to updating maps in a BMW . I recently acquired a 2016(2) 4 Series and i would like to upgrade the Maps, i do not have a subscription with Connected Drive.

I know i need to get the FSC code , i've figured i can get that from ebay https://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-FSC-CODE-MINI-CIC-NBT-MAP-UPDATE-MOVE-MOTION-PREMIUM-AND-NEXT-2020/303556710183?hash=item46ad63cf27:g:2rAAAOSwqR5dxZvE

Would the above be ok to use to get my FSC Code?

My Map Version is the following within my iDrive Navigation Version
    Europa
    BMW Group
    Road Map EUROPE EVO 2016-1

NBTevo_E16072A
    Automatic map update
    GB, IE (2019-2)

What Map version should i be looking for to get the latest (2020), i see that i have a few options being MOVE, NEXT, MOTION, PREMIUM. I do not know which one i need to get for my car.

Would appreciate any help.

• Advertisement

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im completely new to updating maps in a BMW . I recently acquired a 2016(2) 4 Series and i would like to upgrade the Maps, i do not have a subscription with Connected Drive.

I know i need to get the FSC code , i've figured i can get that from ebay https://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-FSC-CODE-MINI-CIC-NBT-MAP-UPDATE-MOVE-MOTION-PREMIUM-AND-NEXT-2020/303556710183?hash=item46ad63cf27:g:2rAAAOSwqR5dxZvE

Would the above be ok to use to get my FSC Code?

My Map Version is the following within my iDrive Navigation Version
    Europa
    BMW Group
    Road Map EUROPE EVO 2016-1

NBTevo_E16072A
    Automatic map update
    GB, IE (2019-2)

What Map version should i be looking for to get the latest (2020), i see that i have a few options being MOVE, NEXT, MOTION, PREMIUM. I do not know which one i need to get for my car.

Would appreciate any help.

From the info you posted, your iDrive NAV software is running Road Map EUROPE EVO. From what I can tell the map file to download should be BMW Road Map Europe EVO 2019-4 which was released in March of this year. You seem to have 2019-2 already installed so there might not be many changes in the new version at least for Ireland.

BTW if your buying a FSC code then get a lifetime one, the one you linked to above is only for a one off update. A lifetime FSC code will allow you to update that car's maps indefinitely.

bazz26 wrote: »
    From the info you posted, your iDrive NAV software is running Road Map EUROPE EVO. From what I can tell the map file to download should be BMW Road Map Europe EVO 2019-4 which was released in March of this year.

I found ROAD MAP EUROPE EVO 2020-1 here https://oemnavigations.com/road-map-europe-evo-2020-1-free-download

Am i ok to get this download?

I think it's the same thing but not 100% sure. Maybe best to use the online chat on that website to be certain before installing it.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think it's the same thing but not 100% sure. Maybe best to use the online chat on that website to be certain before installing it.

Unfortunately they do not offer support with the free maps section.

Ill keep looking for more info before i commit to installing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

heroics wrote: »
    I couldn’t find how to search by eircode anyway

Didn’t check for speed limits although my wife’s 172 x1 has the speed limits pop up on the display. Not sure if sat nav or road sign recognition

Its road sign recognition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 SidinNaas

Still an issue in a brand new X5. If you have Ireland as the country you can only search eircodes in the "Quick search". If you put any letter into the "Enter city/town or postcode" field the option to then add numbers is removed so not possible to enter eircodes here. If you change country to UK you can enter postcodes in the "Enter city/town or postcode". Seems to be an issue with Ireland. I notified BMW Connected Drive and they just referred me to my local retailer.

Advertisement