Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-01-2014, 12:52   #241
ripperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howlett View Post
My local Eason's had Marvel Origins The 60s for me to collect. I guess Secret Invasion will be out on 5th february so. Also I noticed the second issue of the other collection and it was €10 (ish, I just checked to see if it was full price, which it was not)

Yeah my local one had a lot of them in the last day! Yup looks like its the 5th alright for next issue. Wiki has changed again with dates for the remaining original line up. The rest of the books (Past the orginal 60) are now classified as listed on amazon but unconfirmed.

Picked up Spiderman from heroes line and can confirm as well that its 10 something euro. Wolverine out this week (according to wiki)
Advertisement
05-02-2014, 20:42   #242
fconno316

so it looks like the classic run will be another 60 books. 120 in total. frustrating to say the least.

http://www.graphicnovelcollection.com/titles.html

listed below incase it is removed

Below is the full list of the Marvel Graphic Novels Collection titles for this series.

ASTONISHING X-MEN : DANGEROUS
ASTONISHING X-MEN: GIFTED
AVENGERS PRIME
AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN PART 3
AVENGERS VS X-MEN PART 1
AVENGERS VS X-MEN PART 2
AVENGERS: CHILDREN CRUSADE
AVENGERS: DISASSEMBLED
AVENGERS: FOREVER PT 1
AVENGERS: FOREVER PT 2
BATTLE SCARS
BLACK PANTHER: WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER
BLACK PANTHER: PANTHER'S RAGE
CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON: MADBOMB
CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON: THE SECRET EMPIRE
CAPTAIN AMERICA : THE NEW DEAL
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE CHOSEN
CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER
CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI13: VAMPIRE STATE
CAPTAIN BRITAIN: A CROOKED WORLD
CIVIL WAR
DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN
DAREDEVIL: MARKED FOR MURDER
DAREDEVIL: SOUND AND FURY
DAREDEVIL: VISIONARIES (GUARDIAN DEVIL)
DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR
DEATHLOK
DOCTOR STRANGE: THE OATH
DR STRANGE: A NAMELESSS NAME, A TIMELESS TIME
DR STRANGE: A SEPARATE REALITY
ETERNALS
FALLEN SON: DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA
FANTASTIC FOUR: THE END
FANTASTIC FOUR: UNTHINKABLE
FANTASTIC FOUR: AUTHORITATIVE ACTION
FANTASTIC FOUR: DOOMSDAY
FANTASTIC FOUR: THE COMING OF GALACTUS
FEAR ITSELF PART 1
FEAR ITSELF PART 2
GHOST RIDER: ROAD TO DAMNATION
HOUSE OF M
HOWARD THE DUCK
HULK: SCORCHED EARTH
HULK: SILENT SCREAMS
IRON FIST: THE SEARCH FOR COLLEEN WING
IRON MAN: DEMON IN A BOTTLE
IRON MAN: EXTREMIS
IRON MAN: THE BEGINNING OF THE END
IRON MAN: THE TRADGEDY AND THE TRIUMPH
LIFE & DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL PART 1
LIFE & DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL PART 2
MARVEL HORROR
MARVEL ORIGINS: THE 60S
MARVEL ORIGINS: THE 70S
MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS PT 1
MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS PT 2
MARVEL TEAM-UP
MARVEL WHAT IF? (BEST OF)
MARVEL ZOMBIES
MARVELS
NEW AVENGERS VOL 1: BREAK OUT
NEW X-MEN : E IS FOR EXTINCTION
NEW X-MEN : IMPERIAL
NICK FURY: AGENT OF SHIELD PART 1
NICK FURY: AGENT OF SHIELD PART 2
PUNISHER : WELCOME BACK FRANK
PUNISHER : WELCOME BACK FRANK PT 2
SECRET AVENGERS
SECRET INVASION
SECRET WAR
SHADOWLAND
SHE HULK: SINGLE WHITE FEMALE
SIEGE
SILVER SURFER: ORIGINS
SON OF M
SPIDER-ISLAND PART 1
SPIDER-ISLAND PART 2
SPIDER-MAN: BLUE
SPIDER-MAN: KRAVEN'S LAST HUNT
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: COMING HOME
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: DEATH OF THE STACYS
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: REVELATIONS
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: SPIDER-MAN NO MORE
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: VENOM
THE AVENGERS/DEFENDERS WAR
THE AVENGERS: BIRTH OF ULTRON
THE AVENGERS: THE KORVAC SAGA
THE AVENGERS: THE KREE/SKRULL WAR
THE DAY OF THE DEFENDERS
THE INCREDIBLE HULK - PLANET HULK PT 1: EXILE… PLUS ANARCHY
THE INCREDIBLE HULK - PLANET HULK PT 2: ALLEGIANCE… PLUS ARMAGEDDON
THE INCREDIBLE HULK: HEART OF THE ATOM
THE INCREDIBLE HULK: THE MONSTER UNLEASHED
THE INHUMANS
THE MIGHTY THOR: IN SEARCH OF GODS
THE MIGHTY THOR: RAGNAROK
THE THANOS IMPERATIVE
THE ULTIMATES : HOMELAND SECURITY
THE ULTIMATES: SUPER HUMAN
THE UNCANNY X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX
THE UNCANNY X-MEN: SECOND GENESIS
THOR THE LAST VIKING
THOR: REBORN
THOR: TALES OF ASGARD
THUNDERBOLTS: FAITH IN MONSTERS
ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN: WHO IS MILES MORALES?
ULTIMATE DEATH OF SPIDER MAN
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL 1: POWER AND RESPONSIBILITY
VENOM
WARLOCK PART 1
WARLOCK PART 2
WOLVERINE
WOLVERINE: OLD MAN LOGAN
WOLVERINE: ORIGIN
WOLVERINE: WEAPON X
WORLD WAR HULK
X-MEN: IN THE SHADOW OF SAURON
X-MEN: SCHISM
X-MEN: TWILIGHT OF THE MUTANTS
Thanks from:
21-07-2014, 17:33   #243
Tanjobidesu

So going back to that Wikipedia article - can anyone please confirm or deny whether the Irish version of "Captain America - Winter Soldier" covers issues 1-7? The UK version definitely covers issues 8-9 & 11-14, but it's also true that the German version covers issues 1-7. The collector in me would love to find an English version of that (even though I can read German!), but I don't want to go on a wild goose chase if one was never actually issued!
21-07-2014, 17:37   #244
James Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjobidesu View Post
So going back to that Wikipedia article - can anyone please confirm or deny whether the Irish version of "Captain America - Winter Soldier" covers issues 1-7? The UK version definitely covers issues 8-9 & 11-14, but it's also true that the German version covers issues 1-7. The collector in me would love to find an English version of that (even though I can read German!), but I don't want to go on a wild goose chase if one was never actually issued!
I'll check when I get home but I'm quite sure that the book I received did not cover issues 1 through 7.
21-07-2014, 17:40   #245
ripperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjobidesu View Post
Our version is the UK version so it covers 8-9 & 11-14 like you said but not 1-7.
Advertisement
21-07-2014, 19:14   #246
Tanjobidesu

Thanks very much for your help! I can stop trawling ebay now!

Makes you wonder where the original Wikipedia information came from...
22-07-2014, 20:02   #247
BlaasForRafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fconno316 View Post
so it looks like the classic run will be another 60 books. 120 in total. frustrating to say the least.
How is it frustrating? If people are enjoying the books then what's the problem?

I started getting the books recently when I heard they were starting to do the classic stuff. I'm not a big fan (understatement) of the Bendis/Loeb/Millar modern era of Marvel stuff but the lineup for the classic books is fantastic.

And just a small correction, afaik there are 40 classic books so 20 of the 60 new ones are modern stuff.
30-09-2014, 01:29   #248
jank
Banned

So what is being delivered at the moment? Number/title wise. Was planning on only getting the first 60, thing is these are getting delivered somewhere else so have no idea what the current title is.
30-09-2014, 17:00   #249
BlaasForRafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jank View Post
So what is being delivered at the moment? Number/title wise. Was planning on only getting the first 60, thing is these are getting delivered somewhere else so have no idea what the current title is.
I'm getting the Marvels Mightiest Heroes series (the red books) in the local newsagent and the latest issue was number 20 and featured the Falcon with 70's Captain America stories and his 1980's mini-series.

I'm getting the Ultimate Graphic Novel collection (the black books) via subscription so I think I'm a few issues behind what the newsagent gets. The last books I got were a couple of weeks ago, I got numbers 68 and 69. Issue 69 was numbered 65 in the series and featured the Daredevil story "Shadowland" written by Andy Diggle, it was pretty decent too.

Issue 68 was numbered Classic III which is where things get a bit complicated. The classic stories seem to be pre-1975 stuff and get roman numerals rather than numbers. 68 was a collection of Stan Lee/Steve Ditko Doctor Strange stories, gotta say Ditko's art is really nice.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-02-2016, 18:19   #250
L.S.F

This is just after getting a rebooting of the initial series.

Did anyone get to complete the collection? I am about 10/12 issues away after scouring ebay the last few months (have spent nearly €200 this year alone ) the ones I need are near the tail end of the series so it'll be well over a year before they come around again.

Inadvertently started the other collections as it was better value to get a few books with the shipping from English sellers.

This collection is the original one and a great jumping on spot for anyone starting off with Marvel or like myself at the time getting back in after years out.

There was also another 60 book collection with the continuation of the numbers, a classic collection using roman numerals and a character one (the red books) all with their own subscriptions. Think the first one took off well then they overloaded us with them.

Subscription is €14.99 per regular issue but think Big Bang were selling for ~€13 iirc. Same gifts as last time.

I still have most my collection in the original plastic but want to get through them soon enough.
18-02-2016, 13:02   #251
James Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
This is just after getting a rebooting of the initial series.

Did anyone get to complete the collection? I am about 10/12 issues away after scouring ebay the last few months (have spent nearly €200 this year alone ) the ones I need are near the tail end of the series so it'll be well over a year before they come around again.

Inadvertently started the other collections as it was better value to get a few books with the shipping from English sellers.

This collection is the original one and a great jumping on spot for anyone starting off with Marvel or like myself at the time getting back in after years out.

There was also another 60 book collection with the continuation of the numbers, a classic collection using roman numerals and a character one (the red books) all with their own subscriptions. Think the first one took off well then they overloaded us with them.

Subscription is €14.99 per regular issue but think Big Bang were selling for ~€13 iirc. Same gifts as last time.

I still have most my collection in the original plastic but want to get through them soon enough.
Finished the original run when it first came out. I definitely liked the titles they were looking to, and have now, put out out through the extended line but I just couldn't justify the money on 60 more when I had read so few of the original 60 at that stage. Still, I think it's a great collection, especially for anyone of the age of wanting to start looking into comics.
(2) thanks from:
18-02-2016, 17:09   #252

Is there a listing of what's coming/release dates?
19-02-2016, 14:57   #253
L.S.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Is there a listing of what's coming/release dates?
It seems to be the same as the previous time. Website says X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Great read and is the book that turned me into collecting them) is out now and the next 3 list after are the same order as before. List from Wiki
19-02-2016, 21:35   #254
TheDoc

This looks interesting. I would like to dip into Marvel but frequently feel overwhelmed with where to start or go.

This a massive collection of all the classic stories or what's the deal ?
19-02-2016, 21:49   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
This looks interesting. I would like to dip into Marvel but frequently feel overwhelmed with where to start or go.

This a massive collection of all the classic stories or what's the deal ?
If you're looking for marvel recommendations, just ask! It can feel fairly overwhelming alright but you'll see the same few books mentioned over and over.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion