Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The worst week-end in Ireland for deaths since...

• 11-10-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Cannot get my head around the fact that a member of our Irish Police Force was actually shot-dead! Reading the news sent shivers down my Spine, just gut-wrenching to think of it happening.
    Another killed at that scene also.

The fire involving the travellers and the deaths we are still reading about there. The poor mis-fortunes lads. Just horrific!

The homeless man in Dublin who was confirmed dead. Just incredible to think that in 2015 we have homeless in our Country's Capital. Oh God Love him.

Car-crashes also this week-end that has led to fatalities.

^^^ Just in Ireland folks.

That I would say is not all either. No doubt other family-members, more local, have said their final fairwells to their Loved Ones, some in Hospitals.

Just One Horrific Week-end of Deaths in our Emerald Isle.
    Give your Loved One a Hug or Kind Word.
    Count your Blessings,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

It just puts everything into perspective. Like it always does. It's a time for communities and people pulling together. Highs and lows all weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

We'd better stay on Boards.ie and not return to the real world ever again, we might be next!

Joking aside, it's scary to think that the statement "that will never happen to me" isn't always true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

And that Garda has a wife and 3 children who are in a very horrible 'place' tonight... not to mention the families of the shooter and other victims. The parents/grandparents, siblings et al of those who died in the fire. And like you said, those other people whose lives will be forever changed by a phone call tonight.

Being mortal and frail sucks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, it has been a terrible weekend for tragic deaths. RIP to the victims and thoughts and condolences with the families of those involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP words fail at this time, take every day as precious, live it to the fullest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

It is so tragic and so sad.

All that senseless loss of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Really terrible. God bless the family and friends left behind.
    Last weekend was terrible in the town I live in too. Two very young men both died, leaving behind devastated family and friends.

Advertisement